The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockahoop

Quote from: heganboy on March 19, 2015, 12:53:36 PM
I know this is a topic I have mentioned before, but with the story going that Yaya Toure is leaving City this summer for about 20M and Inter being interested, should Liverpool not have a run at him. Not sure City will sell to another English club, but he'd be a decent fit...

not a chance, a lazy ballocks with no heart,talented but enough enough to fit in to rodgers way of thinking and a player who takes the hump becuase his club didnt give him a birthday cake!!well Barca knew what they were doing when they let him go.

gawa316

Quote from: cockahoop on March 19, 2015, 01:08:15 PM
Quote from: heganboy on March 19, 2015, 12:53:36 PM
I know this is a topic I have mentioned before, but with the story going that Yaya Toure is leaving City this summer for about 20M and Inter being interested, should Liverpool not have a run at him. Not sure City will sell to another English club, but he'd be a decent fit...

not a chance, a lazy ballocks with no heart,talented but enough enough to fit in to rodgers way of thinking and a player who takes the hump becuase his club didnt give him a birthday cake!!well Barca knew what they were doing when they let him go.

There was me thinking he has been a major reason citee have won 2 titles in recent years! Would he fit into our style probably not but he's still been an outstanding player in his time at citee.

Anyway big game at the weekend?

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 18, 2015, 12:55:53 PM
I haven't been commenting on this inquiry for fear of sparking the usual suspect(s) but some of what I've read is horrendous. I actually feel a bit sorry for Duckenfield now, but his testimony is hard to read.

I feel sorry for him in that he folded under pressure on the day and made poor decisions which led to the tragedy. That could happen to anyone. I'm not the fastest on my feet myself!

However, you have to own up and take responsibility.  Lies, deceit, cover ups, blame shifting and tarnishing the good names of innocent victims is not conduct that should elicit pity.  At least he is coming clean now, and perhaps he feels genuine remorse, but its almost 26 years later. Where has he been all this time?

AZOffaly

I know, and I agree. I just can't help but feel a bit sorry for a lad who does seem to be remorseful. He made a monumental series of f**k ups, and he will have to, and has had to, live with that. As for the cover ups, I wonder how much of that was him, and how much was from on high.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 19, 2015, 02:20:22 PM
I know, and I agree. I just can't help but feel a bit sorry for a lad who does seem to be remorseful. He made a monumental series of f**k ups, and he will have to, and has had to, live with that. As for the cover ups, I wonder how much of that was him, and how much was from on high.

Well hopefully that will come out (if it hasn't already). If pressure was brought to bear from above, and he was basically blackmailed into silence and going along with the official story, he should name names. Its the least he owes the victims.

Bingo

He was so remorseful that he resigned his position on full pension in his mid forties and so avoided a full police investigation in his actions on the day and avoided any of the truth coming out at the time.

He is so remorseful that he is still having trouble recounting everything that happened and forgets hours after the event and meetings that he can't even recall if they took place or not.

The only thing he is sorry for is that he now has to face this questioning.

AZOffaly

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bingo on March 19, 2015, 02:37:47 PM

He was so remorseful that he resigned his position on full pension in his mid forties and so avoided a full police investigation in his actions on the day and avoided any of the truth coming out at the time.

He is so remorseful that he is still having trouble recounting everything that happened and forgets hours after the event and meetings that he can't even recall if they took place or not.

The only thing he is sorry for is that he now has to face this questioning.

Well said. He should do time.

deiseach

I was following Duckenfield's testimony closely on the Echo's liveblog, and I managed to feel a wee bit sorry for him. You don't have to see him as a victim, which he isn't, to feel some sadness at the sight of a broken old man. Then I realise that the reason he is having to face this in his dotage is because so many people in positions of authority, like the position he occupied, connived to ensure the truth was buried, and the feeling of sympathy fades. It was there though.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on March 19, 2015, 03:23:43 PM
Bingo completely agree with what you are saying but also in some ways I can understand what AZ is getting at also.

Jaysus LL, marriage and fatherhood has made you all reasonable.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

The Establishment club coming to Anfield on Sunday:

(Might be a fake, I hope not.)

AZOffaly

That's quite clever :) Of course Busby was really a Liverpool man :)

deiseach

You have to love the idea that Mancs might think Liverpool fans wish Shankly and Paisley were given the same gong they gave to Norman Bettison.

Boycey

Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2015, 11:04:37 AM
You have to love the idea that Mancs might think Liverpool fans wish Shankly and Paisley were given the same gong they gave to Norman Bettison.

It got you to post twice about it on here, which is the point I guess...

deiseach

Quote from: Boycey on March 20, 2015, 01:39:29 PM
Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2015, 11:04:37 AM

It got you to post twice about it on here, which is the point I guess...

So in order to get the reaction of Liverpool fans, let's tug the forelock and bend the knee? I don't think they've thought that one through.