Haka - Fair or not

Started by AZOffaly, November 19, 2008, 02:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is the Haka, as performed by NZ teams, a great tradition, or an unfair advantage?

Great Tradition - I love it
35 (74.5%)
Very Unfair - Hands advantage to NZ, or causes rows
4 (8.5%)
Pointless Theatre
8 (17%)
No Opinion
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: November 24, 2008, 02:01:05 PM

Pub Bore

Quote from: square_ball on October 12, 2023, 08:16:36 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 12, 2023, 06:10:27 PMPub bore agree. Maybe it's an age thing (with myself)

On a slightly different vein - what about our own National Anthem?! Don't shoot me please and I mean mainly for the Gaa but it's played at so many matches that to me it's lost it's effect. For me if it was say finals only I feel it would help. As above, maybe an age thing

*Runs for cover*

All Ireland final day played by the Artane Boys band only can't be beat. Sung on nearly every other occasion by the local Scor winner no thanks. They turn it into a boring ballad type song not the rousing rendition it should be.

Agree about the National Anthem.  Played too much.  League, Provincial and AI Finals would be enough.  Those singers who turn a military march into some sort of Mariah Carey tribute need a severe talking to.

NormPeterson

Check out the haka after a funeral on Home & Away. I thought it was very cringey seeing modern men acting like that.
I am sure the ancient Irish Gaels had dances like this too before war and funerals. Thankfully none of it carried on to today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QpZlnAk63zE&pp=ygUSSG9tZSBhbmQgYXdheSBoYWth

Itchy

Quote from: NormPeterson on October 13, 2023, 04:09:29 PMCheck out the haka after a funeral on Home & Away. I thought it was very cringey seeing modern men acting like that.
I am sure the ancient Irish Gaels had dances like this too before war and funerals. Thankfully none of it carried on to today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QpZlnAk63zE&pp=ygUSSG9tZSBhbmQgYXdheSBoYWth

The Celts used to take magic mushrooms before battle and keep the heads of their enemies as trophies so maybe the Ireland team could start with the mushrooms