Google

Started by illdecide, January 19, 2016, 03:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I don't even know where to start but here goes...I have a gmail account and have had it for quite a few years now, i recently signed into Youtube for my two kids to upload videos (Private i may add) but whatever they have done i have a new name attached to my email...the address is the same but i have a funny nerdy name that now appears with my email. I had to email a councillor this morning from NI Assembly and they replied back to me..."who the hell is .... .... by the way"? talking about embarrassing. I went into my profile and there is a picture of my two kids there and that made up name but it won't let me change it as they said it was changed too recent.

How do i change this back to my own name?

This Google thing is a good job for mail and search engine but i believe they're going too far into peoples lives, they know everything about anyone who is signed up. Is deleting the account the only option?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gallsman

I think your Google profile as shown in YouTube, is connected to Google+? Can you go into it and change it from there?

illdecide

Quote from: gallsman on January 19, 2016, 03:23:14 PM
I think your Google profile as shown in YouTube, is connected to Google+? Can you go into it and change it from there?

Yeah i can change the picture but only to another picture...what if i don't want a picture (there is no option for this)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gallsman

Quote from: illdecide on January 19, 2016, 03:26:08 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 19, 2016, 03:23:14 PM

Yeah i can change the picture but only to another picture...what if i don't want a picture (there is no option for this)

All your Google stuff is connected by your Google account - Gmail, Android, YouTube, Drive etc. I don't think you can configure components of it differently. You change one to change them all or leave as is.