You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

"The border between Northern Ireland and Ireland."

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Describing the NI economy as a 'basket case'.

Don't get me wrong, it is; but is there no other term that can be used?

(Ironically, it might not be if some guy from NI had put a trade mark on that phrase)

APM

This might seem pretty niche, but here goes...

Videos of football matches on Youtube that are set to Music.  Drives me mad.  I find a clip of a game I haven't seen, and the commentary and crowd noise has been replaced by some totally inappropriate country pop or soft rock music.  Who the f*** wants to watch a football match to music? Never mind music that doesn't even capture the speed or aggression of the game.  Grinds my gears anyway!!

edit: Here is an example. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJkxa2pUXC0

WTF is the point in this.  Why on earth would you be bothered doing this?

Eamonnca1

Or you're looking for a specific clip of anything on Youtube, and all you can find is a million variations of it set to stupid and inappropriate music. Like Stewie and Brian fighting over the money Brian owed. The original is buried somewhere in the search results. (At least it was the last time I looked for it!)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Franko on February 19, 2020, 04:59:51 PM
Describing the NI economy as a 'basket case'.

Don't get me wrong, it is; but is there no other term that can be used?

(Ironically, it might not be if some guy from NI had put a trade mark on that phrase)

The dogs on the street know it is. The top-heavy public sector and the lack of dynamism in the north's economy are inextricably linked.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Orior

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 21, 2020, 03:51:17 PM
Allison Morris Irish News

Why? She does like to get the bazooka's out on Twitter now and again.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on October 21, 2020, 06:37:45 PM

I've never seen her bazookas on my feed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Really? Missed that .

Naw what a whinger, anti man , massive chip on her shoulder

laoislad

Quote from: armaghniac on October 21, 2020, 09:40:22 PM

I've never seen her bazookas on my feed.
I've no idea who she is but if there are bazookas involved then Rule 1 needs to be applied here.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: APM on June 22, 2020, 07:00:55 PM

Videos of football matches on Youtube that are set to Music.  Drives me mad.  I find a clip of a game I haven't seen, and the commentary and crowd noise has been replaced by some totally inappropriate country pop or soft rock music.  Who the f*** wants to watch a football match to music? Never mind music that doesn't even capture the speed or aggression of the game.  Grinds my gears anyway!!

That particular clip and associated clips from the same account all seem to be evangelical preaching religious music. Are you trying to turn us all?

APM

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 22, 2020, 06:49:43 AM
Quote from: APM on June 22, 2020, 07:00:55 PM

That particular clip and associated clips from the same account all seem to be evangelical preaching religious music. Are you trying to turn us all?

Some of you feckers could do with a bit of religion  ;D

I actually didn't realise that it was religious music - I wasn't listening to the lyrics.  You must be a connoisseur BCB?

general_lee

Saw a video of a doorman in Belfast smash some fellas head off the pavement. A sc**bag no doubt but the bouncer fanboys justifying it sickens my hole.

Ethan Tremblay

Seen the video there alright, its always hard to know what's happened without the proper context.  I wonder what the protocol is for bouncers after incidents like that, do they call police/ambulance?

The man was clearly knocked unconscious and the bouncer lifts his legs to clear the doorway and appears to leave him there.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...