Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It'd be interesting to see their pace in Croke park. Watching highlights back there and Coby Cunning looks as good as they, and antrim, have again. Scored points at key times and has strengthened himself up a lot and seems well fit for the physical stuff as well as being mobile.

Jonkunlon

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 06, 2022, 11:55:02 AM
It'd be interesting to see their pace in Croke park. Watching highlights back there and Coby Cunning looks as good as they, and antrim, have again. Scored points at key times and has strengthened himself up a lot and seems well fit for the physical stuff as well as being mobile.

Their attacking options are frightening: Coby, Keelan, Seaan, Nigel, Ronan, Anton, Shorty, Nicky and Decky being almost fully fit again.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jonkunlon on December 06, 2022, 11:53:11 AM
Dunloy should play it on the 18th. They are on a high and full of confidence. That performance has been coming and 2 weeks is a sufficient timeframe to be ready to go again. They are the best club hurling team to come out of Antrim since Loughgiel of 2012. They'll give anyone a real good go!!
That performance!!Was Dunloy really that amazing or was Sneil bad? Game was won by the better team on the day but I didn't think Dunloy was amazing at all! Rewatched the game last night,Sneil were shocking bad all over the field and still had chances to win it.It will take a hell of a lot more to beat St Thomas. Cdall team that reached AI Final next best team to Shamrocks 2012 IMO.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

imtommygunn

They scraped through really but tbh with the rivalry between those two I thought that was always how it was going to be. Cushendall's ai final team probably not even their best team. The year de lasalle beat them was a real sickener. I think they'd have been in with a shout in the final though if it was Bally hale that year they'd maybe have been a bit strong.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 06, 2022, 05:12:18 PM
They scraped through really but tbh with the rivalry between those two I thought that was always how it was going to be. Cushendall's ai final team probably not even their best team. The year de lasalle beat them was a real sickener. I think they'd have been in with a shout in the final though if it was Bally hale that year they'd maybe have been a bit strong.
Am not taking away from the result but just making the point that it was a great result certainly not a performance for the ages. I'd still hold that Cdall team ahead of current dunloy team, tho as someone said age is on there side and the experience gained of an AI run is priceless, all set for dominating for a day or two you'd think. 

Milltown Row2

Let's not kid ourselves... This Dunloy team have won 4 in a row, and they bate a team who have pushed and were unlucky in 2 all Ireland semi finals against one eventual winner, who won their final handy..

Dunloy didn't allow S'neil to play as well as they could have, and took their chances, it's a big monkey off their back also.

St Thomas's play similar and physically similar so it's a 50/50 IMO

As Tommy said that Cushendall team (all Ireland team) was no where near as good as the team that played De La salle, was at that game in Parnell and unfortunately it didn't happen, also for me losing against Loughrea is their biggest loss though that has no bearing on anything lol

Ballyhale Ballygunner will be the final in most peoples views but let's get past the semis first
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 06:48:02 PM
Let's not kid ourselves... This Dunloy team have won 4 in a row, and they bate a team who have pushed and were unlucky in 2 all Ireland semi finals against one eventual winner, who won their final handy..

Dunloy didn't allow S'neil to play as well as they could have, and took their chances, it's a big monkey off their back also.

St Thomas's play similar and physically similar so it's a 50/50 IMO

As Tommy said that Cushendall team (all Ireland team) was no where near as good as the team that played De La salle, was at that game in Parnell and unfortunately it didn't happen, also for me losing against Loughrea is their biggest loss though that has no bearing on anything lol

Ballyhale Ballygunner will be the final in most peoples views but let's get past the semis first
outside of loughgiels performance against Nap I held that Sneil performance against Ballyhale as good as any Ulster team but that's 3 years ago for a dual club with multiple players training round the clock with Derry and club hurling and football, that's not near the same team MR2. Not even a shadow!! Am not taking away from Dunloy I think they've more to give against St Thomas, am simply saying that was no master class. It was a result!!

Milltown Row2

Are you saying they are too old now? So be even worse next year based on that synopsis?

I never said though it was a classic or great performance it was job done against the reigning champions for past load of years.

Getting over the line handsomely or ugly is all that matters..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 06, 2022, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 06, 2022, 05:12:18 PM
Am not taking away from the result but just making the point that it was a great result certainly not a performance for the ages. I'd still hold that Cdall team ahead of current dunloy team, tho as someone said age is on there side and the experience gained of an AI run is priceless, all set for dominating for a day or two you'd think.

No I agree with you that they didn't play that well but I also think it will be the making of that team.

The cushendall thing I dunno about. They are very different teams. Cushendall always massively strong defensively but less scoring forwards.

podge

Any word on whether it's a double header at croke park ?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: podge on December 06, 2022, 09:09:32 PM
Any word on whether it's a double header at croke park ?
confirmed for 18th.  1:30 & 3:30

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 07:52:34 PM
Are you saying they are too old now? So be even worse next year based on that synopsis?

I never said though it was a classic or great performance it was job done against the reigning champions for past load of years.

No am saying they've a lot of continuous miles on the clock, that's all I said. The result is all dunloy will and should care about but it wasn't this performance that was referred too. I really forgot your not really aloud an opinion in here. I'll get back in my box lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 06, 2022, 09:14:13 PM

No am saying they've a lot of continuous miles on the clock, that's all I said. The result is all dunloy will and should care about but it wasn't this performance that was referred too. I really forgot your not really aloud an opinion in here. I'll get back in my box lol

You'll be out of that box soon enough as Loughgiel are building  ;D

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 09:41:39 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 06, 2022, 09:14:13 PM

You'll be out of that box soon enough as Loughgiel are building  ;D

;D ;D ;D

It really is hard to hide the bitterness...... sorry I mean rivalry  ;D

NAG1

I'd say the difference between the Cushendall team back then or probably any team previously is a better crop of forwards for Dunloy currently. There was never an issue of developing good defences in those teams but it was forwards that maybe were somewhat lacking.

Different game now as it has developed over the past even ten years so very hard to compare across the ages.