Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chieftain

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 18, 2018, 10:37:07 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 17, 2018, 11:27:22 PM
https://twitter.com/lstwrd/status/1041754686511034368?s=21

Peter Canavan has his say on the Cavanagh incident! He describes Kieran Eanetta as one of the best referees in the county. I think he should be handing back his whistle after his last performance shows he can't handle the pace!

Tyrone county board have also released a statement saying video evidence will be reviewed regarding incident(s) it will be interesting to see will they sweep it under the carpet or start to deal with thugs in our game.

Lots more to come from this over the next few days.

Fair play to Ardboe wishing Skeet a speedy recovery.

In fairness I agree with Canavan here. You are being very hard on Eanetta, I have always found him a decent referee and a long way ahead of alot of them on the club scene

+1

trailer

Quote from: chieftain on September 18, 2018, 11:01:27 AM

Peter Canavan has his say on the Cavanagh incident! He describes Kieran Eanetta as one of the best referees in the county. I think he should be handing back his whistle after his last performance shows he can't handle the pace!

Tyrone county board have also released a statement saying video evidence will be reviewed regarding incident(s) it will be interesting to see will they sweep it under the carpet or start to deal with thugs in our game.

In fairness I agree with Canavan here. You are being very hard on Eanetta, I have always found him a decent referee and a long way ahead of alot of them on the club scene

+1

He had a very poor game on Saturday. It wasn't a dirty game and 6 players saw the line.
Re: The Cavanagh incident, having seen in it real time, the boy was late. Was it deliberate? I don't know and think it would be unfair to say it was unless I saw it again and the evidence was conclusive. It did happen right in front of the ref and he had the best view. He also consulted his linesman as well.

The Golden Years

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 18, 2018, 09:03:20 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on September 18, 2018, 08:46:38 AM
Very measured and balance interview from Canavan. 8 officials at the game deemed it accidental. 26 cards yes, but 6 players picked up 18 of these, 2 yellows and a red. I'm pretty sure a Stewartstown player picked up a worse injury than Sean and spent the night in hospital. I don't see his pic on twitter though. anyone seen it?

In defence of Sean which I dont normally do, people are getting carried away with this thing of "oh he put it on social media, he's looking attention", in his defence he was probably receiving hundreds of get well soon messages and I know i wouldnt be arsed replying back to all of them adn it would take forever,  the best thing to do is let everyone know you are ok with a post on his page and to say he appreciate's all the messages etc etc
Also he's not the first man to do this, ive seen instances of this before this season with footballers getting hurt in a game and going to social media to let everyone know he's ok, it is social media,thats the point of social media!!!! I dont like namin g people but one example is Carson of Greencastle, in this instance Gallagher (and rightly so) took the barage of the abuse for his actions and Carson none and rightly so, who we all wished him a speedy recovery, but in big Seans situation the majority are calling him names and all sorts because he put it on social media, weather or not it was accidental or intentional, at the end of the day he was concussed, broke his nose and had a suspected broken jaw and to be honest I had heard there was more damage so im glad he put up the post to correct everyone and let us know the damage and that he was ok again!!

If sean had of cleaned the dry blood of his face it wouldnt have looked as bad.  Attention seeking at his best.  There is no chance of Sean slipping away into the background once his county career is over.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: chieftain on September 18, 2018, 11:01:27 AM

+1

Don't think I am being harsh.  He wasn't fit for the game, he was also let down by the other officials.  There was so much going on off the ball that went unpunished and he still fired out 26 cards.  Time will tell if the CB review video footage and feel McCurry's actions were deliberate.  If they were he has more to answer for because he was actually well positioned on that occasion.

Both teams should also face some kind of fine for the spectacle served up.  Can't lay it all on Eanetta it was the approach from the sides involved left him with a difficult job that he wasn't fit for.
Living the dream!!!

BIGONE

The fact Moy play with 14 men behind the ball makes most of their games not much of a spectacle.

tyrone08

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 18, 2018, 11:11:17 AM
Very measured and balance interview from Canavan. 8 officials at the game deemed it accidental. 26 cards yes, but 6 players picked up 18 of these, 2 yellows and a red. I'm pretty sure a Stewartstown player picked up a worse injury than Sean and spent the night in hospital. I don't see his pic on twitter though. anyone seen it?

In defence of Sean which I dont normally do, people are getting carried away with this thing of "oh he put it on social media, he's looking attention", in his defence he was probably receiving hundreds of get well soon messages and I know i wouldnt be arsed replying back to all of them adn it would take forever,  the best thing to do is let everyone know you are ok with a post on his page and to say he appreciate's all the messages etc etc
Also he's not the first man to do this, ive seen instances of this before this season with footballers getting hurt in a game and going to social media to let everyone know he's ok, it is social media,thats the point of social media!!!! I dont like namin g people but one example is Carson of Greencastle, in this instance Gallagher (and rightly so) took the barage of the abuse for his actions and Carson none and rightly so, who we all wished him a speedy recovery, but in big Seans situation the majority are calling him names and all sorts because he put it on social media, weather or not it was accidental or intentional, at the end of the day he was concussed, broke his nose and had a suspected broken jaw and to be honest I had heard there was more damage so im glad he put up the post to correct everyone and let us know the damage and that he was ok again!!

If sean had of cleaned the dry blood of his face it wouldnt have looked as bad.  Attention seeking at his best.  There is no chance of Sean slipping away into the background once his county career is over.

Did you see the swelling on his face?? I imagine his face would have been quite sore to touch. Im sure you would have just wiped the blood away and cracked on with it.

Gaafan2

Eanetta is a great referee, definitely one of the best in the county.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: gaafan2 on September 18, 2018, 01:08:54 PM

No problem Kieran, keep up the good work!!!
Living the dream!!!

The Golden Years

Quote from: tyrone08 on September 18, 2018, 12:50:38 PM

Did you see the swelling on his face?? I imagine his face would have been quite sore to touch. Im sure you would have just wiped the blood away and cracked on with it.

Correct, i would have cleaned the blood but i certainly wouldnt have been posting on social media.  He could have thanked the well wishers without posting a picture of himself.  The man has gone down in my estimation since he stop playing football. 

Therealdonald

Can we have some analysis on the weekends games? Some result for Galbally.

GlenMan

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 18, 2018, 04:22:11 PM

Correct, i would have cleaned the blood but i certainly wouldnt have been posting on social media.  He could have thanked the well wishers without posting a picture of himself.  The man has gone down in my estimation since he stop playing football.

He didn't post the picture on any social media. If you actually looked at his twitter or Facebook, he only posted the short statement.

Someone else has shared the picture.

trailer

Quote from: GlenMan on September 18, 2018, 06:03:29 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on September 18, 2018, 04:22:11 PM

He didn't post the picture on any social media. If you actually looked at his twitter or Facebook, he only posted the short statement.

Someone else has shared the picture.

Hold on. That doesn't suit the pick fork narrative on here.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 18, 2018, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on September 18, 2018, 01:08:54 PM

No problem Kieran, keep up the good work!!!

Sorry didn't realise I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this discussion board  ::)

Gaafan2

Quote from: Therealdonald on September 18, 2018, 04:30:07 PM
Can we have some analysis on the weekends games? Some result for Galbally.

Unfortunately our men couldn't match galballys hunger and will to win in extra time. In saying that we still should have beaten them in normal time. Hit too many wides and the galbally keeper and defender pulled of two great saves midway through the second half when the game was there to be won. This year we haven't shown the same fight or hunger that was a major part of our success the previous two years. The loss of Crico and Brendy burns to the cruciate injury have been massive blows.

Tyrone95

Clogher v Newtownstewart - Close game but newtown by 2/3
Beragh v Killeeshil - by 2 points

Owen Roes v Aghaloo - By 3
Tattyreagh v Urney - 1 point
Loughmacrory v Augher - by 3
Greencastle v Dungannon - by 4

Errigal Ciaran v Carrickmore - by 2 points  ;)
Aghyaran v Omagh - by 7+
Derrylaughan v Killyclogher -  by 2
Dromore v Coalisland - Can both teams lose??