Cryptocurrency

Started by gallsman, September 01, 2017, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 15, 2024, 03:42:21 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on January 15, 2024, 03:32:36 PMAnyone experience crypto theft on here or know of anyone got robbed. Worked with a lad that was big into it but had his account emptied last May/June. Poor fella, got the impression it was very significant sum  and he was dreading telling TOH. Havn't seen him since so don't know how he got on trying to recover it or what compensation he might get.

There is absolutely no chance of compensation or recovering it unless whoever stole it takes pity on him and returns it. Its one of reasons why I wouldn't go near it!
Even if it's down to exchange negligence? Surely they'll have to tighten up on that at some stage.

trailer

To the moon. Huge surge over this past week. Hitting the highs of Apr 21. Why didn't I buy more of this f**king nonsense? :(

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2024, 11:21:03 AMTo the moon. Huge surge over this past week. Hitting the highs of Apr 21. Why didn't I buy more of this f**king nonsense? :(

Because it is nonsense. How much would you realistically put into it? £1000 or so? You will pay huge fees to sell it off and end up with a few hundred pound profit if you're lucky max, and risk your £1000?

imtommygunn

Your fees aren't that bad. I also think it's nonsense but put in 2k a couple of years ago and made a grand in a month. The fees were negligible enough.

(I wouldn't touch it any more as it's too volatile and would put your head away)

clarshack

Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2024, 11:21:03 AMTo the moon. Huge surge over this past week. Hitting the highs of Apr 21. Why didn't I buy more of this f**king nonsense? :(

Next Bitcoin halving is in April. Traditionally the price of Bitcoin goes up substantially in the year after and then naturally dumps again!. It's knowing when to sell at the top which the average investor will not know unless they get lucky of course.

https://bitpay.com/blog/analyzing-past-btc-halvings/

bennydorano

Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 15, 2024, 01:50:28 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 15, 2024, 09:11:33 AMAny experts out there think Bitcoin has topped out again? That was advice I was getting over the weekend

Yeah, I wouldn't be buying now.  It's been about 3 months of pretty straight up price increases, so I would expect a consolidation for a while.  I see a decent chance it drops to $32k-ish within the next 6 or 8 weeks.
Of course it continue to go straight up, but I don't think that's the most likely outcome given it's run up in advance of the spot ETF announcement.

I'm still very confident of it going much higher by the end of 2025 (based on its cycle history), but I could see a short term cool off.
Still going up -  fairly rapidly recently. Any reasons why?

I use it mostly for euro exchanges, free money lately, can't go on much longer.

Mourne Red

Quote from: bennydorano on February 27, 2024, 12:18:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 15, 2024, 09:11:33 AMAny experts out there think Bitcoin has topped out again? That was advice I was getting over the weekend

Yeah, I wouldn't be buying now.  It's been about 3 months of pretty straight up price increases, so I would expect a consolidation for a while.  I see a decent chance it drops to $32k-ish within the next 6 or 8 weeks.
Of course it continue to go straight up, but I don't think that's the most likely outcome given it's run up in advance of the spot ETF announcement.

I'm still very confident of it going much higher by the end of 2025 (based on its cycle history), but I could see a short term cool off.

Volume of it since ETFs were approved has been ridiculous, after Greyscale stopped dumping it the price was always going to rise.

Nvidia had massive profits a few days ago and because a lot of Bitcoin mining is done by GPUs it's benefited from those profits. Also Old Timers (Stock markets) are at their highest levels since the 2008 crash means that money is flowing out into other ventures.

Charts aren't good for the end of 2025 so if anyone's Holding any crypto imo I'd be wanting to sell everything latest next June

Franko

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 27, 2024, 09:54:40 PM

Volume of it since ETFs were approved has been ridiculous, after Greyscale stopped dumping it the price was always going to rise.

Nvidia had massive profits a few days ago and because a lot of Bitcoin mining is done by GPUs it's benefited from those profits. Also Old Timers (Stock markets) are at their highest levels since the 2008 crash means that money is flowing out into other ventures.

Charts aren't good for the end of 2025 so if anyone's Holding any crypto imo I'd be wanting to sell everything latest next June

Not sure I'd be paying too much attention to 20+ month forecasts for something as volatile as Crypto

Mourne Red

Quote from: Franko on February 28, 2024, 12:03:41 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on February 27, 2024, 09:54:40 PM

Not sure I'd be paying too much attention to 20+ month forecasts for something as volatile as Crypto

Just as well those charts are for market/economy as a whole.. US probably in a recession by End of 2025 which will affect everything (crypto included)

trailer

Bought a bit more a few weeks ago. Dunno what to do.. was gonna hold on for at least 6 months but could take a tidy profit.

Mourne Red

Bitcoin through the 60k barrier and nearly hit 61k within a minute.. up nearly $4k today

5times5times

131.57% increase past 6 months  :o

bennydorano

BBC running a Bitcoin rise story, that's a sign to get out.

Armagh18

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 28, 2024, 01:27:08 PMBitcoin through the 60k barrier and nearly hit 61k within a minute.. up nearly $4k today
Fecking sold a fair bit of it the other day. Typical.

It'll drop soon though i reckon.

thejuice

$7.5 billion inflows into Bitcoin in the last 24 hours. It's crazy at the minute. It normally does this after the halving and not before it. Once it goes above previous ATH it generally doesn't go much below it when it drops.

I don't have much BTC but holding a fair bag of QNT, MONG and TRIAS. They haven't really moved yet but hopefully the alt coins will start a bit of a rally soon off the back of BTC rising. Would be nice to cash out before the summer holidays.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016