The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Quote from: TabClear on May 22, 2017, 05:18:16 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
Low and behold, a 'new' poster emerges to engage with the resident bin lid. Whoever runs this place, you're better than this surely

And yes, the Shetland did mock and belittle the Hillsborough tragedy as a couple of others (tabclear and Milltown I think it was) mentioned. The post has been deleted, and the calls by him for people of prove it, absolutely pathetic. As I said a couple of days ago, a train wreck of a thread

Don't think the posts were deleted.

Even another one of my critics thinks you're talking shite JoG2 lol.

TabClear

Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2017, 06:40:31 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2017, 06:33:04 PM
Quote from: dec on May 22, 2017, 05:45:58 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39993984

They could do rightly in the CL
Would kind of make you think what might have been if they could have managed a few wins against the bottom half teams they lost to.

Problem is the old park the bus chestnut.  Liverpool system and players are so much better suited to teams who push forward and then when Liverpool force a turnover  they break at speed. Inevitably this is the better teams.  And Mourinho's United

thebar

Quote from: The Stallion on May 22, 2017, 08:13:37 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 22, 2017, 06:09:16 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 22, 2017, 05:14:44 PM
I know this is mental, but I'd keep Sturridge. He seems fit and hungry again, and there's no England tournament this summer. He does provide something different, especially in that diamond formation.

I think i would as well unless we got offered stupid money for him like $30mil plus. Once bitten and twice shy and all that shite, but when he's on his game he's up there with the best in the prem. If he is fit for 10-20 games so bit it.

Think I read somewhere that he has been available for more games than Hendo over the last 2 seasons and there are no calls for him to be sold.

I have been calling for Henderson to be sold for years. He's absolutely shite.

keep calling...call louder....can no one hear you!? lol

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TabClear on May 22, 2017, 08:22:04 PM

Would kind of make you think what might have been if they could have managed a few wins against the bottom half teams they lost to.

Problem is the old park the bus chestnut.  Liverpool system and players are so much better suited to teams who push forward and then when Liverpool force a turnover  they break at speed. Inevitably this is the better teams.  And Mourinho's United

If Mane had been available there would have been more points against the park the bus teams. His pace was the key to beating them. Another player of his calibre for the left is needed. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 22, 2017, 08:37:28 PM
Quote from: TabClear on May 22, 2017, 08:22:04 PM

If Mane had been available there would have been more points against the park the bus teams. His pace was the key to beating them. Another player of his calibre for the left is needed.

Would you prefer not to have African players due to that problem??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Not quoting as it's too big. Doesn't have to be African...just his calibre. Quick skilful wingers are not just from Africa ye know😂

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 22, 2017, 08:44:48 PM
Not quoting as it's too big. Doesn't have to be African...just his calibre. Quick skilful wingers are not just from Africa ye know😂

Brandt seems to be a target who might fit the bill.  Don't know much about him to be honest but seems to be highly rated

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TabClear on May 22, 2017, 09:06:49 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 22, 2017, 08:44:48 PM

Brandt seems to be a target who might fit the bill.  Don't know much about him to be honest but seems to be highly rated

What I've seen of him he seems good but it's a limited amount. You'd have to reckon Klopp will pull out a few gems the way he did with Matip, Mane and Gini.

trileacman

Your f**king joking telling me that Sturridge is worth 20mill. I'd consider getting 10 for him sound finance. At the same time I understand az suggesting holding on to him so long as he's not a huffy p***k around the squad and upsetting morale. CL football would sway him to stay and we'll need the 10-15 games you'd get out of him next year with the extra matches. Is he too lazy for klopps mantra though?

Id let off the terminal loanees and Moreno but probably keep the rest. Lucas despite his age and limitations he had a reasonable season and could serve a purpose in that 10-15 games you'd need him as back up for no? We've a threadbare squad and after the purge of last season and cl football can ill afford to weed it out thinner. As the fsg guys will tell ya even the worst player in the squad carries a certain value.

Matip in my eyes was a wonderful signing moreso than the others. Mane absence is talked about a lot but the confusion around matip eligibility fucked us at the wrong time too.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

gawa316

Quote from: trileacman on May 23, 2017, 12:39:17 AM
Your f**king joking telling me that Sturridge is worth 20mill. I'd consider getting 10 for him sound finance. At the same time I understand az suggesting holding on to him so long as he's not a huffy p***k around the squad and upsetting morale. CL football would sway him to stay and we'll need the 10-15 games you'd get out of him next year with the extra matches. Is he too lazy for klopps mantra though?

Id let off the terminal loanees and Moreno but probably keep the rest. Lucas despite his age and limitations he had a reasonable season and could serve a purpose in that 10-15 games you'd need him as back up for no? We've a threadbare squad and after the purge of last season and cl football can ill afford to weed it out thinner. As the fsg guys will tell ya even the worst player in the squad carries a certain value.

Matip in my eyes was a wonderful signing moreso than the others. Mane absence is talked about a lot but the confusion around matip eligibility fucked us at the wrong time too.

I would absolutely keep Lucas

The Stallion

Amazes me that people still think Lucas is good despite all they've seen. He's shockingly bad, shouldn't be playing top level football. Should be shipped out along with Henderson, Milner, Origi, Mignolet and a few others.

blewuporstuffed

To be honest there aren't many I would get rid of.
Moreno and some of the guys out on loan like markovic and wisdom, and that would be about it.
Klavan may be surplus to requirements too if an improved centre back is brought in.

If a top class striker, the likes of Lacezette or Mbappe was to come (which is unlikley) i would let sturridge go, other wise i would be keeping him.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TabClear

Quote from: gawa316 on May 23, 2017, 01:05:11 AM

While lucas is always liable to give away a daft free kick, he gives good cover to both defensive mid and centrehalf in a pinch.  Are you going to get much better who is willing to be solely backup? He loves the club and had been a great servant.  Grest picture of him and his family getting the award for 10 years service at the weekend. 

AZOffaly

Quote from: TabClear on May 23, 2017, 08:52:18 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 23, 2017, 01:05:11 AM

While lucas is always liable to give away a daft free kick, he gives good cover to both defensive mid and centrehalf in a pinch.  Are you going to get much better who is willing to be solely backup? He loves the club and had been a great servant.  Grest picture of him and his family getting the award for 10 years service at the weekend.

He looked like a lad that was leaving on Sunday. He gave a really nice speech to the fans, and was quite emotional. Spoke a few times in the past tense, and his wife was crying as he spoke. Looked very like a lad saying goodbye.

Denn Forever

Question. 

Will Celtic and Liverpool be at the same stage in CL i.e. will they have the same number of Qualifying games to play to get to the group stages of the CL?

Be interesting to see who progresses furthest.

Might help answer/prove Stallion's point about Klopp.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...