Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 01, 2016, 02:23:33 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 31, 2016, 11:09:13 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 31, 2016, 10:59:52 PM
Quote from: MoChara on March 31, 2016, 02:09:16 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 31, 2016, 02:00:16 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 31, 2016, 01:58:56 PM
At least the Monaghan Republican Front  tried  to invade and liberate Tyrone from the yoke of brit imperialism and their various quasi-military backwoods thug lackeys  but we were betrayed and undone by a local snitch.

And now look at how Tyrone repays us for that blood loss of our children?

It was a Monaghan man who betrayed the Loughgall martyrs.

Was a Monaghan Man lead them too

Martyrs? Really??

A martyr is someone who is killer because of their religious or other beliefs. Which is what happened to those men. So while you may not agree with their beliefs and actions you can't really deny they were martyrs
Killer or killed?

Either way, a martyr is someone who chooses persecution or death rather than renounce their beliefs. You don't become a martyr just by being killed.

Ha. That was meant to be killed. And my definition was from the Oxford dictionary where it doesn't mention chooses to be killed.

tonto1888

That was a good article. Thanks for posting

foxcommander

Look Heather, I got the British names on that you asked for! They will be so pleased.

Chairman John Green told the service the wall reflected modern Ireland. Yep - spineless.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Heading down to Dublin (again, was with wife for 2 nights last weekend!) with my dad this weekend and thought I'd take in Kilmainham Gaol... booked out for the next 4 weekends!! WTF anyone know where to get tickets or is there any other way of getting in!! Over the wall is not an option or tunnelling
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bogball88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 06, 2016, 11:14:31 AM
Heading down to Dublin (again, was with wife for 2 nights last weekend!) with my dad this weekend and thought I'd take in Kilmainham Gaol... booked out for the next 4 weekends!! WTF anyone know where to get tickets or is there any other way of getting in!! Over the wall is not an option or tunnelling

Have you ever watched Law Abiding Citizen?

easytiger95

forget about it MR2 - they only put the online booking system in this week. Up to now it was pay on the door and I've tried to get in a couple of times over the past months - each time I was told the queuing time was around 2 hours. Book it online and come back in 4 weeks.

naka

well worth it though
brought my teenage kids as well
the famine history was excellent as well as the 1916 stuff

Milltown Row2

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 06, 2016, 11:40:40 AM
forget about it MR2 - they only put the online booking system in this week. Up to now it was pay on the door and I've tried to get in a couple of times over the past months - each time I was told the queuing time was around 2 hours. Book it online and come back in 4 weeks.

I'll do other stuff ffs! Guinness and Jameson's tours... Few bets afternoon tipples and a good feed later!!... It's a must lads, get the chance to take your dad away for a break, and give your mum a voucher  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

Cultural misinterpretation at Lidl?