Monaghan v Derry USFC SF Sunday May15th 16.00

Started by Main Street, May 02, 2022, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavan19

tbrick18

Quote from: southderryman on May 13, 2022, 02:04:06 PM
Delighted to be in the semi final because I didnt expect it.

Very hard to know where derry are actually at after the last game as others have said derry were very good but tyrone were awful

I am very wary of expecting too much from any derry team. We have consistently fallen flat and failed to back up 1 big perfomance with another, here's hoping that finally changes on sunday

I think monaghan will push up on our kick out so dont see as much handy possession this time round.

Could be a tight low scoring game, a goal will be a big factor for whoever gets it

Hopefully Goughs previous issue with McGuigan is not a factor come sunday, although I suspect it will.

Heart says derry by 2, head says monaghan by 3.
Might stick a fiver on the draw!

My feelings exactly.
I've learnt over the years to never expect too much with Derry.
I don't think Gallagher will let them get carried away with themselves but you just never know what will happen on the day.

Hard to know what the matchups will be. Mckaigue def a man marker. Monaghan have a couple or 3 forwards who would need man marked.

southderryman

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 13, 2022, 04:42:02 PM
Quote from: southderryman on May 13, 2022, 02:04:06 PM
Delighted to be in the semi final because I didnt expect it.

Very hard to know where derry are actually at after the last game as others have said derry were very good but tyrone were awful

I am very wary of expecting too much from any derry team. We have consistently fallen flat and failed to back up 1 big perfomance with another, here's hoping that finally changes on sunday

I think monaghan will push up on our kick out so dont see as much handy possession this time round.

Could be a tight low scoring game, a goal will be a big factor for whoever gets it

Hopefully Goughs previous issue with McGuigan is not a factor come sunday, although I suspect it will.

Heart says derry by 2, head says monaghan by 3.
Might stick a fiver on the draw!

My feelings exactly.
I've learnt over the years to never expect too much with Derry.
I don't think Gallagher will let them get carried away with themselves but you just never know what will happen on the day.

Hard to know what the matchups will be. Mckaigue def a man marker. Monaghan have a couple or 3 forwards who would need man marked.

Aye i would hope Gallagher had them focused again quickly, but we wont know until tomorrow.

If goal chances do present themsleves we need to be far more ruthless, that is a weak point so far.

I think mckaigue will go on mccarron and rodgers on McManus but could just as easily be other way round.

Is paudie tad fit? Would be a massive plus if he was

bennydorano

I think today will see a changing of the guard. Strongly fancy Derry to follow up the Tyrone win with another convincing win.

imtommygunn

Is this available online? I know it's on bbc2 but I only have the iPad...

imtommygunn

An Watcher

RedHand88

Quote from: bennydorano on May 15, 2022, 12:28:02 PM
I think today will see a changing of the guard. Strongly fancy Derry to follow up the Tyrone win with another convincing win.

Jesus Christ.

Dreadnought

Derry look very strong here, and Monaghan don't look at the races at all

screenexile

Dreadnought

Never a free, refs need to see when the ball carrier holds the arm of the tackler and dives to the ground.

imtommygunn

Hard to like Rory Gallagher.

Interesting game. Derry defensive setup working this far.

clarshack

Monaghan too slow getting the ball in to the forward line.

imtommygunn

Too many Derry men there. They put a lot back.