Started by redzone, April 27, 2019, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

Chicken. Sausages. Burgers. Nice.
Toast the bun a small bit as well. Ketchup at the ready. 👌

stephenite

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 28, 2019, 11:46:19 AM
Quote from: Hardy on April 28, 2019, 11:45:17 AM
What's the point of a gas barbecue - i.e. a gas cooker outdoors?

You are still flame grilling, and you can add woodchips for the smokey smell. they're cleaner, quicker and easier to control temperature. I've had both, I love barbecues. With the wood chips in a burner adding smoke and smell, I think gas barbecues are just handier.

I have both, definitely prefer to cook over properly set hard wood lump char blended with coals. I find it's worth the effort. Have started doing large roasted joints of meat of a Sunday, simply superb.

I have the time at the moment and I enjoy it (Australian climate and lifestyle helps).

If you're short on time, and likely to only use it over the summer months, I'd go gas as it's a lot handier.

rosnarun

I never got why any one would want to ruin a good stake by adding the taste of burning wood to it.
are there for people who don't like the taste of meat? may for some thing without much of its own taste like chicken breat but steak that's a sin
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dougal Maguire

It's the same as adding sauce to it. In fact it's good to the stage where food is a means for us to consume sauce.
Careful now

stephenite

Quote from: rosnarun on April 29, 2019, 10:44:48 AM
I never got why any one would want to ruin a good stake by adding the taste of burning wood to it.
are there for people who don't like the taste of meat? may for some thing without much of its own taste like chicken breat but steak that's a sin

Once you get the heat right, the flavour it imparts onto the steak is amazing. It's also how meat was originally tasted, long before before you started using your microwave

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2019, 11:06:32 PM

You are still flame grilling, and you can add woodchips for the smokey smell. they're cleaner, quicker and easier to control temperature. I've had both, I love barbecues. With the wood chips in a burner adding smoke and smell, I think gas barbecues are just handier.

Love a BBQ in the evenings have had it out this 3 weeks now and used it 7/8 times at this stage.

100% agree with you AZ they're so much handier than a coal BBQ and still a great taste without the wait for a coal BBQ.

Anybody got any particular specialties?? We'd do steak/burgers/chicken/sausages but wouldn't mind trying something a bit different any recipe's tips would be very welcome!

We usually brine chicken for about 2 hours before throwing it on the barbecue . It makes the meat really moist and everyone loves it. 
I like sauces to go with the barbecue so garlic and lime or parsley and lemon or goat cheese and chive . Carrot plus orange and cinnamon is another one

Pineapple slices barbecued are lovely with rum, butter, lime and honey

And you can't go wrong with this :

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Recipe-Grilling-Barbecue/dp/0936184515/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

maddog

FermGael

Get one of the Pit Barrel Smokers.
Unreal job even for our climate.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

macdanger2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 29, 2019, 08:04:12 AM

Love a BBQ in the evenings have had it out this 3 weeks now and used it 7/8 times at this stage.

100% agree with you AZ they're so much handier than a coal BBQ and still a great taste without the wait for a coal BBQ.

Anybody got any particular specialties?? We'd do steak/burgers/chicken/sausages but wouldn't mind trying something a bit different any recipe's tips would be very welcome!
Marinated venison steaks can be fantastic
Veg skewers. Peppers, mushrooms, onions
Pork skewers with a sweet marinade
Pork belly
Salmon wrapped in tin foil

Where do you buy your venison?

Tony Baloney

Follow Marcus Bawdon online (Country Wood Smoke) if you want more info on low and slow BBQing, smoking etc.

Cian Healy seems to BBQ every day of the week if you look at his instagram!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 29, 2019, 01:01:18 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 29, 2019, 08:04:12 AM

Marinated venison steaks can be fantastic
Veg skewers. Peppers, mushrooms, onions
Pork skewers with a sweet marinade
Pork belly
Salmon wrapped in tin foil

Where do you buy your venison?
Order it through a butcher
They usually know someone who shoots them or has them farmed

DrinkingHarp

I do an excellent grilled Pineapple Slices on the BBQ for dessert, nothing but rave reviews and simple.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014