New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

If you are Christian you believe sex outside marriage is wrong then yes,if it is your view that an unmarried couple want to have a room in your B&B to engage in sex as well as sleep then you should have the right to refuse their custom.

In all cases you are simply preventing sinful activity taking place under your roof or not facilitating such activity.You are not discriminating against the potential customers themselves.

Now let's look at things that are currently legal such as Pubs displaying notices such as "No Football Tops" Is this not discriminating against Football Fans? Smoking is banned in shops,pubs and all businesses.Is this not discriminating against smokers?

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2015, 06:11:35 AM
If you are Christian you believe sex outside marriage is wrong then yes,if it is your view that an unmarried couple want to have a room in your B&B to engage in sex as well as sleep then you should have the right to refuse their custom.

In all cases you are simply preventing sinful activity taking place under your roof or not facilitating such activity.You are not discriminating against the potential customers themselves.

So you only give a room to those who you could confirm as being married to each other? And the question is not just what you should be able to do, but what YOU would do.

T Fearon

It boils down to individual conscience and the likelihood of the B&B owner facilitating sinful activity in his or her home.Thats why it called a conscience clause.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2015, 07:25:40 AM
It boils down to individual conscience and the likelihood of the B&B owner facilitating sinful activity in his or her home.Thats why it called a conscience clause.
I was interested in your conscience.

Hardy

There are so many angles to T.F.'s insane pseudo-morality that you'd want to be M.C. Escher to get a handle on it. Just one more that hasn't already been demolished is the question of why he feels the necessity to crusade (images of a fool on a horse and a windmill) against others' "sin". What's it got to do with him? As far as I understand it, his church requires him to be answerable for his own sin, not for that of others. In fact, I think it has some specific instructions on the subject:

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

It seems to me that he "sins" by interfering with the privacy of two people booking a room for the night.

Jeepers Creepers

Catholic Church & DUP with a conscience! Oh the irony...

thebigfella

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2015, 06:11:35 AM

Now let's look at things that are currently legal such as Pubs displaying notices such as "No Football Tops" Is this not discriminating against Football Fans? Smoking is banned in shops,pubs and all businesses.Is this not discriminating against smokers?

By that logic passive smoking could be classed as assault by smokers. FFS get a grip.

T Fearon

Sorry it is an obligation on all Christians not to facilitate sin.By not facilitating or endorsing sinful practice is in no way or by any stretch of any anti Christian imagination,an act of judgement moral or otherwise on anyone.

T Fearon

It is laughable to say that I or Ashers are "crusading against sin".What sort of impoverished intellect could equate crusading against sin with a simple refusal to endorse gay marriage on a cake simply because to do so would contradict your religious beliefs?

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2015, 09:08:32 AM
Sorry it is an obligation on all Christians not to facilitate sin.By not facilitating or endorsing sinful practice is in no way or by any stretch of any anti Christian imagination,an act of judgement moral or otherwise on anyone.

Where is the line drawn between not facilitating a sin and loving the sinner, as Christians profess to do, in this case of the hypothetical Christian B&B owner?

deiseach

Bloody hell. Fearon is basically justifying sharia law. I'm amazed that I'm amazed, yet somehow I manage to be amazed.

Hardy

Quote from: deiseach on February 25, 2015, 09:23:59 AM
Bloody hell. Fearon is basically justifying sharia law.

Exactly. But, of course, muslims are infidels, and damned. Their law would be an abomination. Another sharp bend on Fearon's road to salvation negotiated without slowing down. Only a Catholic version of sharia law is permissible. But here's another chicane - common cause for casual discrimination can be found in an alliance with militant protestants (previously dismissed and damned to perdition as an apostate cult). Never mind. Drive on.

give her dixie

Christians busy consulting Bible for next basic human right to oppose

After the first night of legal Gay marriage ceremonies in England and Wales, Christians are today desperately leafing through the Bible to identify another basic human right to rail against.

Followers of the faith who have long opposed the right of homosexual couples to commit themselves to a life of petty bickering and sex-withholding, now find themselves with little to do, concerned that the devil himself finds work for idle hands.

Sheila Mount, a Catholic from Shropshire, was adamant she would waste little time in filling the vacuum by finding new ways to persecute the remainder of God's orphans.

"I mean, two people, in love, getting married – the thought turns my stomach," she told us.

"I have spent the last 20 years trying to find something in the Bible that categorically states God is firmly against Gay marriage and turned up nothing concrete."

"All I could ever find was that Jesus was once kissed by a man called Judas – but look what happened to him afterwards?"

"To now have to start all over looking for something new to spout hatred about, well – it's just so time-consuming."

"That said, Deuteronomy 22:9 is pretty clear on what God thinks of farming, so I've spent the morning protesting farmers who insist on planting two different crops next to each other."

"The disgusting animals."

Gay rights campaigner, Peter Tatchell, was happy to offer Christians some guidance in helping them isolate the next section of society to treat like market traders in the Temple.

"It's clear that the Bible is being abused as a kind of Yellow Pages for people too thick to find a worthy axe to grind."

"So why not do a reprint in gaudy yellow pages, with an index of noble causes yet to be persecuted?"

"I'm sure it'd be a nice little money spinner."

http://newsthump.com/2014/03/30/christians-busy-consulting-bible-for-next-basic-human-right-to-oppose/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

T Fearon

Someone answer me this.Is it reasonable to force a Christian or anyone else for that matter to act in a way that directly contradicts his or her beliefs? That's what this boils down to.

Hardy

Someone answer me this. Is it reasonable for a Christian to force a non-Christian or anyone else for that matter to act according to the Christian's conscience and not his own? That's what this boils down to.