County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 16, 2018, 02:31:51 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 13, 2018, 08:56:19 PM
Has been confirmed that Stephen Rochford is staying on as Mayo manager.

No it hasn't - theres been no meeting between the CB and Rochford yet, Rochford has said he's staying for another year - different thing

Yeah - i suspect this story could simmer for a while. Who leaked the McGuinness story and why? It doesn't even have to be McGuinness. It could be anyone.

Cunny Funt

No it hasn't - theres been no meeting between the CB and Rochford yet, Rochford has said he's staying for another year - different thing
The only doubt on Rochford not staying was that he would walk away himself like Buckley did. County board chairman Mike Connelly a weeks ago has already given his view on how Rochford should manage the team in 2019.

"If you look at that Kildare game, guys towards the last ten or fifteen minutes were dead on their feet. The weather conditions didn't suit our age profile either, but we definitely need to bring youth to the table," said Connelly.

"At this stage, we've a lot of players the wrong side of 30 and we have to be looking towards the future, we have to be developing young players and if that means struggling in Division 1… we've got to start building again, that's my view. I'm sure Stephen will identify with that."

Rossfan

Our buck announced that he's staying  in the "Down the Hatch News" before he was suspended.
No word from our (non) Co Board.
I see his apologist in the Ros Herald blames the players in his end of year State of the County team report.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on August 16, 2018, 03:48:57 PM

Our buck announced that he's staying  in the "Down the Hatch News" before he was suspended.
I see his apologist in the Ros Herald blames the players in his end of year State of the County team report.

Don't expect any criticism of the management from our local press.
Love the line the players "must ask themselves why they're shipping outrageous scorelines against the top teams."
I do hope the players ask themselves that question and send a note back to Mr. Cooney in the Herald and ask him to rephrase the question in a number of ways: why has the management not set up any discernible defensive structure after 3 years, why does the management persist with small light forwards as backs and why the hell is Cooney not asking McStay that question instead of the players.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on August 16, 2018, 05:07:31 PM

Love the line the players "must ask themselves why they're shipping outrageous scorelines against the top teams."
I do hope the players ask themselves that question and send a note back to Mr. Cooney in the Herald and ask him to rephrase the question in a number of ways: why has the management not set up any discernible defensive structure after 3 years, why does the management persist with small light forwards as backs and why the hell is Cooney not asking McStay that question instead of the players.

It sucks when nearly everyone else in the county is against your 'McStay OUT!!' campaign, right?

Might be time to cut your loses and back the team and management.. even Gay isn't going around sounding off this year.

Anyone who doesn't subscribe to the fallacy of Roscommon being a county filled with talent being oppressed by a bad manager is an 'apologist'. I do hope the players are a tad more accountable and circumspect than you are being in their steed. Everyone, management and players, share in our failings and our successes this year.

Rossfan

I've read it again and am getting madder by the second.
Fcuk sake talking about players "aren't buying into"  S&C. FFS since when did players get to decide what preparations they do.
Then the comment that Ros players seem to believe that their skills and flair can overcome superior conditioning of other teams.
Then he repeats McStay's sh1te about the Ros public might not come out and watch 15 players behind the ball.
Defending doesn't have to be 15 lads standing around their own D area doing nothing.
How about every man becomes a defender when the opposition has the ball and tackle harass etc whoever has the ball wherever they gave it.
It's like the article was written for Cooney  by one of the people who got McStay the gig and is trying to head the critics off at the pass.
Disgraceful arse licking so called journalism.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on August 16, 2018, 05:25:03 PM

It sucks when nearly everyone else in the county is against your 'McStay OUT!!' campaign, right?

Might be time to cut your loses and back the team and management.. even Gay isn't going around sounding off this year.

Anyone who doesn't subscribe to the fallacy of Roscommon being a county filled with talent being oppressed by a bad manager is an 'apologist'. I do hope the players are a tad more accountable and circumspect than you are being in their steed. Everyone, management and players, share in our failings and our successes this year.

You were very vocal when there was an article in Herald quoting Dineen blaming the players for the 2014 U21 loss. Sorry if it seems a bit off when the Herald lays the blame on the players and not the management. If you were consistent you would have a problem with the balance of that article too. I always support the players and management no matter who is in charge and have renewed my gold membership for the 4th year in a row. I will support McStay next year as I have Carr, Maughan, Evans and plenty of other managers I found fault with. It doesn't mean I will not call it as it is and ask the hard questions our local press will never ask.

Rossfan

I always want our manager to be madly successful.
However I'm ould enough to know sh1te when I see it and am not impressed by spin and/or hype or one sided nonsense.
Results, scorelines, performances,  team organisation etc -that's what impresses .

mrdeeds

Mickey Graham it seems will be announced as Cavan manager.

oliverkelly

Quote from: weareros on August 16, 2018, 05:38:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 16, 2018, 05:25:03 PM

You were very vocal when there was an article in Herald quoting Dineen blaming the players for the 2014 U21 loss. Sorry if it seems a bit off when the Herald lays the blame on the players and not the management. If you were consistent you would have a problem with the balance of that article too. I always support the players and management no matter who is in charge and have renewed my gold membership for the 4th year in a row. I will support McStay next year as I have Carr, Maughan, Evans and plenty of other managers I found fault with. It doesn't mean I will not call it as it is and ask the hard questions our local press will never ask.

Theres a difference between the manager blaming the players and a local journalist blaming the players.

weareros

Quote from: oliverkelly on August 17, 2018, 01:27:36 PM

Theres a difference between the manager blaming the players and a local journalist blaming the players.

Well yes I know that. It's still the players that are getting thrown under the bus (no pun intended) for what clearly are management failings (eg our defensive structure) and a local media that appear afraid to rock the boat. Our county board issued press releases apologising to Mayo and Andy Morgan and another to plamás the Connacht Council. I await a defense of our players who do all this for nothing. I won't be buying the Ros Herald again. As for the other one, it's free and that is still to much.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on August 17, 2018, 02:18:08 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on August 17, 2018, 01:27:36 PM

Well yes I know that. It's still the players that are getting thrown under the bus (no pun intended) for what clearly are management failings (eg our defensive structure) and a local media that appear afraid to rock the boat. Our county board issued press releases apologising to Mayo and Andy Morgan and another to plamás the Connacht Council. I await a defense of our players who do all this for nothing. I won't be buying the Ros Herald again. As for the other one, it's free and that is still to much.

Just because some have the good sense not to start throwing their toys out of the pram because we're not at the level of the top two teams in the country it doesn't mean they're afraid of anyone. Best. Manager. In. 25 Years.

You have an agenda that's been exposed for being totally self-serving for a while now. Whether you accept it or not it's you that's producing the pointless propaganda and not Ian Cooney or anyone else.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on August 17, 2018, 02:23:38 PM
Best. Manager. In. 25 Years.

If nothing else, thanks for the laugh.

Rossfan

Quote from: weareros on August 17, 2018, 02:33:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 17, 2018, 02:23:38 PM
Best. Manager. In. 25 Years.

If nothing else, thanks for the laugh.
:D ;D :D
Best paid anyway.
Probably 3rd best manager we've had this decade.

Itchy

Mickey Graham confirmed for Cavan with Dermott McCabe in his backroom and vinny corrys brother as S&C coach.  Best of luck to them