The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

I expect a  bit of transfer activity this week around anfield.
It looks like Maquillo will be done, maybe even today and Moreno likely to be sorted this week as well.
That just leaves another striker/attacking player to come in, which may not prove easy.

Apart from Suarez, there have been very few out goings so far,Borini, agger, lucas could all go and bring in the guts of 30m between them. Toure could also be let go and i would expect the Assaidi deal will eventually get done with stoke.
I am hoping they will hold on to the likes of Suso and Coates who have shown enough in preseason to suggest they could be useful.
Ibe may go out on loan, unless Rodgers feels he can make an impact in games this season, Llori could be another one loaned out again
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Never beat the deeler

Must be tough to have lost the biggest game in the world (arguably)(TM BR)
Hasta la victoria siempre

AZOffaly

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 05, 2014, 09:24:30 AM

I think Liverpool - United is one of the biggest games in world football, traditionally. I don't think he was wrong there. That particular installment of it was obviously not exactly Old Trafford or Anfield in the middle of the league, but I'm sure United are happy to win it and Liverpool would have preferred to win it. No sleep will be lost on either side though, and I'm sure the champagne was at a minimum on the flight back to Manchester.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 05, 2014, 09:44:41 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 05, 2014, 09:24:30 AM

I think Liverpool - United is one of the biggest games in world football, traditionally. I don't think he was wrong there. That particular installment of it was obviously not exactly Old Trafford or Anfield in the middle of the league, but I'm sure United are happy to win it and Liverpool would have preferred to win it. No sleep will be lost on either side though, and I'm sure the champagne was at a minimum on the flight back to Manchester.

apart from Zaha. man hasn't sobered in a fortnight

J70

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 05, 2014, 08:26:15 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 05, 2014, 03:24:23 AM
Don't think he was bought as a first choice,  so yeah, I'm sure Rodgers is more aware than anyone that he's not the answer. That one that was slipped into him on the edge of the box early in the second half - all I could think of was "imagine Suarez getting that chance!" as he scuffed a shot towards DeGea!  :)

And there ye were all summer telling us that Lambert was good
For at least ten goals next season. At least give him a chance to settle
in before ye write him off.

I don't remember opening my mouth about Lambert.

And yes, of course he should not be written off, but he was absolutely NOT brought in to be a regular first team starter. He came in right after the season ended FFS!

Shrewdness

J70, i wasn't specifically referring to you re Lambert, so apologies if you thought i was. As for Lambert, he definitely can play a key role for Liverpool, possibly as an impact sub. He has scored goals whoever he has played for.. Maybe he's feeling a bit of pressure being at his hometown club, with part of him still in disbelief that he's there at all!!.....BC1, don't worry, there's nobody at United getting carried away. Pre season went better anyone could have hoped for, but that's all it was. There are still major flaws in that United team.

Tony Baloney

I don't think anyone (including Lambert) thought he was coming in as anything other than backup/Carling Cup fodder.

Minder

Fee accepted from Bayern for Reina, around £2m
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

on the sideline

Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2014, 06:59:57 PM

He should be our number 1.

EC Unique

Quote from: on the sideline on August 05, 2014, 11:37:00 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2014, 06:59:57 PM

He should be our number 1.

I think he has been under rated by Rogers. Clash of some sort?

gawa316

For a few years Reina was one of the best about, but the last 2 with us he was a liability at times. Never seen a top keeper always so easy to beat at his near post.

Always had a lot of time for Reina especially as he stayed around while others jumped ship but between flirting with Barca and burning his bridges with Rodgers and a lot of the fans last season it's best he moves on.

Going to the club with the best keeper in the world means its the bench for Pepe (think they have those bucket seats so should be comfy) but wish him all the best anyway.

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Good. Happy with that. Some much needed pressure for Johnson. Now if they get Moreno and Lavazzi or someone like that, I'll be happy (or happy ish, can't get too positive too quick).

Gabriel_Hurl

Well Howard Webb has retired from reffing - so that should give us a few more points each season

And Chairman Tom Werner is in the running to be next commissioner of the MLB - he is in the final 3 candidates to replace Bud Selig

AZOffaly

did Webb not give us a lock of penalties at Old Trafford last year, or was that Clattenburg?