Fermanagh v Antrim

Started by FermGael, May 08, 2016, 07:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: T Fearon on May 15, 2016, 05:48:37 PM
Gerry Adams denies he was born in Antrim

Will all the denials Gerry has had to issue over the years and the nonsense he has been coming out with lately, I wouldn't be surprised if that sentence ended without the words "in Antrim"

twohands!!!

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2016, 08:26:34 PM
Did someone in the BBC turn off the crowd noise? Was like a wake.

Yeah thought it was fairly muted all right.

Job done for Fermanagh - however even a somewhat in decline Donegal are worlds apart from Antrim.

Il Bomber Destro

Niall McKeever seems to be blighted with injuries, he'd make a huge difference to Antrim if he was fully fit - was looking forward to seeing how the midfield battle with Eoin Donnelly would have unfolded today but alas.

imtommygunn

That first half was brutal. Tactics from antrim were shocking.

Fermanagh in the first half were wilier, made space easier, drew fouls easier and were just light years ahead really.

Second half things improved but when it got close quigley put it to bed >:(

Really disappointing. Tough work supporting antrim sometimes :(

Good win for the minors and they should have won by more.

Fermanagh gained a lot from antrim's indiscipline. To challenge donegal they will need to step it up but they did what they had to do.

Line Ball

Very poor stuff but hardly surprising.  The only bright spark was Tomas 'Dumper' Corrigan  ;D

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

DuffleKing

Quote from: FermGael on May 15, 2016, 08:08:55 PM
And with Fermanaghs favourite son managing them as well.

Thought Rory was a Cavan man?

ONeill

Did look like D2 v D4 for a long time until Antrim either got up to speed or Fermanagh's levels dropped and there was an evening off for about 20 mins in the second.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Il Bomber Destro

Corrigan is a lovely footballer, seems to have taken over from Quigley as Fermanagh's main man.

Gold

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 15, 2016, 10:30:22 PM
Corrigan is a lovely footballer, seems to have taken over from Quigley as Fermanagh's main man.

He was top class today
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

AQMP

Quote from: Gold on May 15, 2016, 10:59:05 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 15, 2016, 10:30:22 PM

He was top class today

Yeah two amazing scores from sideline balls.  Might be benefiting from playing club football in Dublin.  Quigley was very quiet for about 71 mins!  If I'd the pick of the two it's be Corrigan all day long.

J70

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 15, 2016, 07:58:42 PM
Could Fermanagh put it up to Donegal I wonder?

I would be fearful myself.

Our main men are another year older and some of the newer lads have yet to prove themselves at senior level.

This is all set up for an "ambush".

AQMP

Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 02:09:35 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 15, 2016, 07:58:42 PM
Could Fermanagh put it up to Donegal I wonder?

I would be fearful myself.

Our main men are another year older and some of the newer lads have yet to prove themselves at senior level.

This is all set up for an "ambush".

Hard to tell how good Fermanagh were yesterday as Antrim were so piss poor.  Quigley was very quiet and Johnston played him very well bar the last minute, T Corrigan was the stand out player.  Only scored 1-4 from play.  But I remember that Fermanagh weren't that great the first day against Antrim last year and they went on to the QFs.  Fermanagh will definitely benefit from yesterday, home advantage might just favour Donegal...just

dlgael

I know I will come a cropper with this type of prediction one day but I cannot see how Fermanagh cope with Murphy, Mc Brearty Snr or Ryan McHugh. If they do there is still McNiallas McGlynn and Eoin McHugh to be stopped. Nothing but a home win but it may be a tricky win if we are half cooked with one eye on the semi.

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2016, 11:58:57 PM
Truthfully, Donegal should eat & shite Fermanagh. Football would be right and boring if it always went the way it's expected though.

I don't think anyone would eat and shite this Fermanagh team. They are very well drilled with some very good players.