Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on June 21, 2023, 02:37:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2023, 02:23:06 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 21, 2023, 02:13:54 PM
I don't think McKeegan lasted quite as long as that - 37 or 38 i think. I think he was still lining out at "z squad" even last year.

Kids these days!!! I was playing up to 48 lol!! When I say playing......

still maybe games available at div 2 reserve yet? or has that ship sailed?

I'm n the WhatsApp group, just in case  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2023, 11:12:11 PM
I don't think McKeegan lasted quite as long as that - 37 or 38 i think. I think he was still lining out at "z squad" even last year.

That's only for nosiness purposes I'd imagine
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

NorthAntrim

Not available. Reffing Latharna Og v Henry Joys this sunday

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 22, 2023, 09:33:25 AM

😂😂😂

Shots fired

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 22, 2023, 09:43:36 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 22, 2023, 09:33:25 AM

😂😂😂

Shots fired

I would love nothing else to get involved again, I did think about doing nets, but plenty of competition for that at the minute lol!

The halfpace hurlers are giving the 'older' guys a good run out in Belfast every Thursday, they also have plenty of socials too and tournaments

Nothing beats playing, I'd encourage everyone to play until the hip or knee gives out!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ned

Thanks for posting, Jim.

Milltown Row2

Johns a great character. Championship games he's the man handing over the teamsheets, in the thick of it

Jonkunlon

Just over two weeks until the start of Championship. Cannot wait to finally see genuinely competitive hurling. Good spread of games on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the opening weekend.

Predictions:

Junior - Cloughmills

Intermediate - Cushendun/Carey/Glenariffe/St Galls/Sarsfields/Randalstown .....cant decide but the order of my list is loosely reflective of my opinion.

Senior - Dunloy

Can't see too many surprises, certainly not in senior or junior.

Bring it on.

SaffronSports

Is there an official line on how relegation from the Championship works out? The likes of Ahoghill and Glenarm are in new tiers so is it a case of straight back down if you lose or how is that actually determined?

Intermediate champions always seem to go straight back down the following year but I note Glenravel are still in Intermediate after winning Junior in 2021?

Jonkunlon

If you win your grade you must play up at the next level the year after. Glenravel, in division 3 likely had the option to enter Junior or Intermediate. I could be wrong. Glenarm are current Junior champions.

breakingball

Quote from: Jonkunlon on July 18, 2023, 12:17:53 AM
Just over two weeks until the start of Championship. Cannot wait to finally see genuinely competitive hurling. Good spread of games on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the opening weekend.

Predictions:

Junior - Cloughmills

Intermediate - Cushendun/Carey/Glenariffe/St Galls/Sarsfields/Randalstown .....cant decide but the order of my list is loosely reflective of my opinion.

Senior - Dunloy

Can't see too many surprises, certainly not in senior or junior.

Bring it on.

Junior
Cloughmills to beat Armoy in final

Intermediate
Cushendun to beat Carey Faughs in final

Senior
Dunloy to beat Loughgiel in final

SaffronSports

Quote from: Jonkunlon on July 18, 2023, 12:58:38 AM
If you win your grade you must play up at the next level the year after. Glenravel, in division 3 likely had the option to enter Junior or Intermediate. I could be wrong. Glenarm are current Junior champions.

Yeah Glenarm won Junior in 2022 after losing to Glenravel in the 2021 final.

SaffronSports

Just looking at the fixtures on the county website. Randalstown, Glenarm and Cushendun are all listed as having matches on Wed 30th August and Fri 1st September. 48 hours between Championship matches? Is that definitely right?

Stillwater2

That's correct...2 Championship games in 48 hrs. I know clubs have requested a change but no luck.