The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Big DJ with a chance to win now  :o

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 22, 2015, 03:07:33 AM
Big DJ with a chance to win now  :o

He already won, he is nailing Gretzky's daughter.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

screenexile

DrinkingHarp

Hard to say if Jordan won it or DJ lost it.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

dec

Three putt from twelve feet

Gabriel_Hurl

heganboy

that was a very entertaining finish today. I feel for DJ, would rather see somebody win, than watch somebody lose. Speith put on some golf show over 4 days, and to give himself a shot at eagle on the last was very impressive. Gutted as I had Louis at 81-1 but thankfully each way...
I would have given the winnings away gladly had the wee fella kept the charge going, when he got to -2 and then had the putt for -3 I thought we were in for a comeback for the ages, but the missed birdie putt, and then the crappy bounce on the par 3 did for him. As said previously,I know its some sight to see a golfer in their pomp on the full charge, I still don't think there's a golfer close to Rory when he's on song. Him getting to -3 or -4 would have really put the wind up the leaders, even more than seeing their own name up there. Dj DJ DJ, fifth time lucky - he's really due one now.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Didn't stay up to watch.
Delighted Spieth won, he seems like a really genuine and nice fella.
Won't be long till he's number 1 and will be the best in the World for a long time I reckon.

Fair play to Shane Lowry also what a great tournament for him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Is DJ the new Sergio (Mayo) of golf??

Even taking the missed putts at 18 out he should have won pulling up he had a terrible back 9. That's the 3rd major he's bottled now will he be able to come back from it??

Rory and Oosthuisen looking dangerous for St. Andrews its shaping up nicely again. Fair play to Spieth it took some balls to sink that putt at 16 and then come back from that double on 17. I agree with someone else I thought the chats between him and his caddy were interesting about "the picture" it must work because the mental side of his game is very strong.

His statement about the Seattle fans reminded me of Shooter McGavin in Portland. Yeah we know you're a good lad but that was cringey!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on June 22, 2015, 10:59:04 AM

Even taking the missed putts at 18 out he should have won pulling up he had a terrible back 9. That's the 3rd major he's bottled now will he be able to come back from it??

Rory and Oosthuisen looking dangerous for St. Andrews its shaping up nicely again. Fair play to Spieth it took some balls to sink that putt at 16 and then come back from that double on 17. I agree with someone else I thought the chats between him and his caddy were interesting about "the picture" it must work because the mental side of his game is very strong.

His statement about the Seattle fans reminded me of Shooter McGavin in Portland. Yeah we know you're a good lad but that was cringey!!
Did he give it the old "every time I come here it gets harder to leave, you guys must put something in the water"?  :-X

Always hate seeing a player dung the togs as Heganboy says it is always nicer to see someone win it on their own merit. Especially golf as it can be a cruel sport.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2015, 01:27:26 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 22, 2015, 10:59:04 AM

Did he give it the old "every time I come here it gets harder to leave, you guys must put something in the water"?  :-X

Always hate seeing a player dung the togs as Heganboy says it is always nicer to see someone win it on their own merit. Especially golf as it can be a cruel sport.

"We (he and his caddie) were joking about why the NFL teams don't like to come to Seattle," Spieth said. "The fans were amazing. It was great having the crowd on our side. It felt like we were crowd favorites and I'm happy they got the job done this week."

Gabriel_Hurl

What do you expect him to say? He's the golden boy of American sports at the minute.

He's hardly going to call the fans a bunch of pissed-up obnoxious idiots, is he?

screenexile

Jaysus Gabe I'm not having a proper go just pointing out I thought it was a bit cringey. Person all I like him he seems down to earth and very level headed for one with so much success so young and his mentality at that age is astounding.

Also id him backed for both majors which is probably the main reason! I don't think he'll win the Open but I imagine his odds will be terrible after yesterday!!

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on June 22, 2015, 02:31:51 PM
Jaysus Gabe I'm not having a proper go just pointing out I thought it was a bit cringey. Person all I like him he seems down to earth and very level headed for one with so much success so young and his mentality at that age is astounding.

Also id him backed for both majors which is probably the main reason! I don't think he'll win the Open but I imagine his odds will be terrible after yesterday!!

He's 15/2 second favourite behind McIlroy who is 5's on Betfair, not terrible odds at all