The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on June 17, 2015, 09:47:44 AM
Looks like we'll be collecting Premier League trophy away to West Brom last day.
Unless of course we have it wrapped up before hand, which is very likely.

You will have a busy year, what with Laois doing the double, and you winning the Dublin City Marathon.  :D
MWWSI 2017

supersub

We just need a couple of world class players

supersub

Stirling will rot at Man City - a la Rodwell, Sinclair et al

Bingo

Good news that Skrtel has signed a new deal....with an extended contract we can sell him now for much more in the coming months and buy one of Burnleys CB on the cheap.

AZOffaly

I hear Bolton have a good 12 year old. Loads of potential to develop and sell him on in 8 years time.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: supersub on June 18, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

In fairness he's a better player than those listed. If Liverpool get 30 odd million plus Dzeko it would be serious business.

What about Ings, is that confirmed or still ongoing?

AZOffaly

I see Sterling's been involved in another hippie crack incident while on holiday. Given that Rodgers publicly said that he shouldn't be doing that sort of messing if he's serious about being a pro, I wonder is he trying to force the club's hand here?

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2015, 12:51:13 PM
I see Sterling's been involved in another hippie crack incident while on holiday. Given that Rodgers publicly said that he shouldn't be doing that sort of messing if he's serious about being a pro, I wonder is he trying to force the club's hand here?

Maybe he is trying to force his price down with bad behaviour, like Suarez last year.  ;)

Ings is confirmed but he can't sign officially sign till 1st July. He will cost a fee due to his age but unless the clubs agree this, it will be set by a tribunal.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2015, 12:51:13 PM

I reckon that he is a bit stupid.  I think that the club are holding put for £40m net as they have to pay QPR a sell on percentage.  the £50 m will give them that fee.  He is exceptionally talented but he is also a bit of a liability and I reckon that the club will not miss him as much as people think.  I personally would be more worried if they lost Coutinho.  Ibe, Origi and Markovic have the talent to fill a fair bit of the hole that Sterling would leave so I reckon get the cash in. 

Can scored a nice goal last night for Germany u21.  I reckon he can be a huge player if played in midfield.  He will help offset the lose of Gerard and if the play 3 in the MF then you have him, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Milner, Coutinho and Lallana.  That's a pretty solid MF grouping and without the need to play Gerard as he won't be there then you actually might see some of them stepping up to the grade that they should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_48nZ-2lok

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on June 18, 2015, 11:54:34 AM
Good news that Skrtel has signed a new deal....with an extended contract we can sell him now for much more in the coming months and buy one of Burnleys CB on the cheap.
#makeusdream
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

supersub

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 18, 2015, 12:49:56 PM
Quote from: supersub on June 18, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

In fairness he's a better player than those listed. If Liverpool get 30 odd million plus Dzeko it would be serious business.

What about Ings, is that confirmed or still ongoing?

I accept that - but still think he will struggle to hold down a place. Also not sure where he would play for them with Silva behind the strikers (which sterling is not).

heganboy

that Firmino fella would do a quare  job at Anfield.
Bacca and Rondon too eh? Now we're all dreaming, but they are pleasant dreams...
Next year Rodders...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Sky sports reporting this Firmino deal is agreed.
Honestly, I know very little about him so not going to pretend I do!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity