Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

The match would have been dusted far earlier if Walsh knew how to utilise Comer effectively. Barrett was totally out-matched.

Manning18

Watching the recording back, Keegan's interview beforehand is striking. A charming and polite interviewee no doubt. But there's more than a couple of mentions of how Mayo have targeted this game from miles out, and 'im sure they'll get the job done' was said twice. Unlike other years, you really get the feeling all Mayo's eggs were in the basket for this one. Hard to know how they'll react. A positive that they could easily have won with 14 men or a negative that an average Galway performance pipped them once more.

Galway have any amount to work on. Doesn't look like he's even close to knowing this best 15, the late introduction of Duggan this year (probably a sure starter now) and Ian Burke's performance off the bench a sign of that. I'd say he's badly rueing Cillian McDaids decision to go to OZ given GOD's performance and the lack of options there. Still, coming into today, you'd have said Galways 3 most important players were Comer, Conroy & Brannigan. Winning without any of the 3 playing a big role (for different reasons) can possibly be seen as positive.

Lastly, puke football and a straight wind down the pitch go hand in hand. Happens time and again that games turn dire when there's a wind advantage with everyone dragging players back. Galway are certainly defensive overall but neither team is as bad as shown today

cornetto

Galway well below what they can play but in fairness mayo did not let them.
People around me were wondering where the aggression Galway showed in the league was gone,it wasn't gone, just mayo had upped intensity levels so wasn't as noticeable.
Overall just delighted left Galway at 11.30 am on lallys bus and got home at 10.30pm,was worth every minute.looking forward to reading the mayo blog over the next few days😂😂

fearbrags

syferus The match would have been dusted far earlier if Walsh knew how to utilise Comer effectively. Barrett was totally out-matched.

Yea Sufferus   You know it all   All right

syferus Avatar
This is what you wrote in February  ;)
Feb 11, 2018 at 10:42am via mobile QuotelikePost Options Post by syferus on Feb 11, 2018 at 10:42am
soju Avatar
"""They're really doing a 2016 Ros on the league, though, and with the short turnaround to the championship match I can only see the rhubarbs making shîte of a gassed Galway in Connacht.""""

Syferus

Quote from: fearbrags on May 14, 2018, 03:01:05 AM

syferus The match would have been dusted far earlier if Walsh knew how to utilise Comer effectively. Barrett was totally out-matched.

Yea Sufferus   You know it all   All right

syferus Avatar
This is what you wrote in February  ;)
Feb 11, 2018 at 10:42am via mobile QuotelikePost Options Post by syferus on Feb 11, 2018 at 10:42am
soju Avatar
"""They're really doing a 2016 Ros on the league, though, and with the short turnaround to the championship match I can only see the rhubarbs making shîte of a gassed Galway in Connacht.""""

You seem to have failed pretty spectacularly attempting to use the quote function.

I called the result wrong, so what?

Duine Eile

Quote from: Manning18 on May 14, 2018, 01:24:04 AM
I'd say he's badly rueing Cillian McDaids decision to go to OZ given GOD's performance and the lack of options there.

Ah Kieran Molloy? Not even named on the bench today and saw him in the crowd with a bunch of Corofin lads whatever's going on there.

blast05

Quote from: Syferus on May 14, 2018, 01:02:43 AM
The match would have been dusted far earlier if Walsh knew how to utilise Comer effectively. Barrett was totally out-matched.

I disagree.
Bar 2 balls in the first half which resulted in Comer scores, Barrett won every duel between them.

TheGreatest

O Connor elbow, wow... Once again Mayo's violent tendencies and ill discipline let them down and again let their large support and great fans down.

A long ban and consider certain players position on the panel.

10 games to the all Ireland probably a step too far this year.

Farrandeelin

It's a pity the anthem singer made a balls up too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Diarmuid was devastated,  he genuinely didn't mean it like it's been seen. I'm not saying it wasn't a red , im just saying how he personally felt shit for his actions and it wasn't intended like it looked.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

cornetto

Galway well below what they can play but in fairness mayo did not let them.
People around me were wondering where the aggression Galway showed in the league was gone,it wasn't gone, just mayo had upped intensity levels so wasn't as noticeable.
Overall just delighted left Galway at 11.30 am on lallys bus and got home at 10.30pm,was worth every minute.looking forward to reading the mayo blog over the next few days😂😂

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 14, 2018, 08:55:21 AM
It's a pity the anthem singer made a balls up too.

That was a bad omen from the get go.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Taylor

Paddy has made Galway hard to beat and hard to watch in equal measures

magpie seanie

Quote from: larryin89 on May 14, 2018, 08:59:30 AM
Diarmuid was devastated,  he genuinely didn't mean it like it's been seen. I'm not saying it wasn't a red , im just saying how he personally felt shit for his actions and it wasn't intended like it looked.

Are you for real? His reaction of (feigned) disbelief and the booing of the decision by the Mayo crowd was absolutely laughable. As someone who lost a few teeth (while wearing a gumshield I might add) to a similar incident I can testify to how dangerous an action like that is. Aidan O'Shea did it a few times last year also.....it really needs to be stamped out of the game. He deserves a long ban but will probably only got one game (unless he has another straight red in the last year in, which is possible). It was an assault.

Harold Disgracey

Horrible injury for Parsons, he'll be very lucky to play again. I did something very similar 29 years ago almost to the day, that finished me with competitive football at 19.