Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

More interesting is how poor Walsh's stats were. He's never really became the player he was hyped to be.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on April 22, 2018, 05:53:34 PM
More interesting is how poor Walsh's stats were. He's never really became the player he was hyped to be.

Not yet
Let's see how he gets on on the dry ground
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on April 22, 2018, 06:05:35 PM

Not yet
Let's see how he gets on on the dry ground
Are you expecting a rare dry Irish summer? MacHale Park come May 13th will still be soft and sandy.

galwayman

True he hasn't delivered on his potential at all yet at senior level.
Has shown flashes of it here and there but not on a consistent basis.

GalwayBayBoy

Brannigan was still on crutches over the weekend.

If he's missing I guess Ian Burke will probably start now. And probably Michael Daly too. Very good players in their own right but neither can replicate what Brannigan does.

An Fhairche Abu

Brannigan is surely out for Mayo if he's still on crutches, there will have to be an adjustment made in terms of the HF line, as mentioned here already there's no like for like replacement to come in for him really
I read elsewhere that Kerin was taken off with an injury sustained during the pitch opening in Killererin yesterday. That's another of Galway's very best players possibly in bother for the 13th, he would be another big loss.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on April 23, 2018, 03:19:33 PM
Brannigan is surely out for Mayo if he's still on crutches, there will have to be an adjustment made in terms of the HF line, as mentioned here already there's no like for like replacement to come in for him really
I read elsewhere that Kerin was taken off with an injury sustained during the pitch opening in Killererin yesterday. That's another of Galway's very best players possibly in bother for the 13th, he would be another big loss.
Kerin would be a bigger loss when you consider our lack of quality backup in that position - hopefully its just a knock and nothing too serious.

Hard to see Brannigan togging in Castlebar if he is still on crutches.

An Fhairche Abu

I can see how Kerin is arguably the bigger loss if he is out.
One of the advantages that Galway has going into this match was player availability, that has changed dramatically in the course of a week if both don't tog out.

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 22, 2018, 02:23:22 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 22, 2018, 02:35:08 AM
Quote from: cornetto on April 21, 2018, 07:00:13 PM
Bad news for Galway on the brannigan front,looks like a six week lay off which would have him back end of may,ligaments which are a fecker to heal.A very big loss the amount of ground he covers surreal,m.daly might get a couple of scores but as regards defending and tracking back not a patch on brannigan.

That's what I heard myself this weekend. A very big loss especially given the way Galway set-up. Brannigan carries a lot of ball between the lines and always seems to give Boyle an awful hard time of it. After Comer probably the one forward, Kevin Walsh didn't want to lose.

Keegan gone is balanced out by no Silke or Brannigan. Not even counting COC. He'll play 100%.

Dont Foul posted some stats during the week on all the televised Division 1 games in the league.

Brannigan was in flying form for Galway in the league based on the shooting stats.
That's before you even start talking about the amount of work he gets through on the pitch.
If he's missing he will be a very big loss for Galway.

Those conversion rates for Kilkenny and Scully are outrageous, Basquel not too far behind either. The shot maps for any Dublin match are also very instructive as to their success, they nearly always only take on high percentage conversion chances in the vicinity of the semi-circle.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

larryin89

Be interesting to see if this sells out . 28k in mchale park and it will still look half empty, health & safety gone daft if ya ask me.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

bucko

Quote from: larryin89 on April 23, 2018, 08:52:24 PM
Be interesting to see if this sells out . 28k in mchale park and it will still look half empty, health & safety gone daft if ya ask me.
What was it originally supposed to be after the stand was finished? I've a figure of 37000 in my head, but can't say I've ever seen a definitive number..

Tubberman

Quote from: bucko on April 23, 2018, 09:20:15 PM
What was it originally supposed to be after the stand was finished? I've a figure of 37000 in my head, but can't say I've ever seen a definitive number..

Well capacity was 34 or 35k with the old stand so must have been 38 anyway?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Tubberman on April 23, 2018, 09:32:49 PM
Quote from: bucko on April 23, 2018, 09:20:15 PM

Well capacity was 34 or 35k with the old stand so must have been 38 anyway?
I thought it was 38 too. Those H&S audits were ridiculous in cutting down capacities all over the place, no doubt to justify bringing more games to CP.

Tubberman

Mayo News reporting a full house of close to 30k!! Must be a typo surely

Here's the front of today's sports section. Inside: read how only 4,000 stand tickets will be on general sale for Mayo v Galway on May 13 which is expected to draw a full house of almost 30,000 to Castlebar. #mayogaa #GAA
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."