Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Glenariffe certainly not "shafted", we won our two "easy" games against Armoy & GNM & drew the 3 tougher games. Now unfortunate they were all away and Carey's were at home but that's the way it goes. And our first draw against St Galls should have been a defeat as the ref didn't keep the score correctly, he had us up by a point at HT when it was St Galls up by a point. Carey best team and got better as the year went on.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Still early but Paul shields has definitely still got it.

rogercasement

Get the feeling if this was on one of the big pitches up the county, dunloy forwards would run riot.

imtommygunn

They pretty much are. Very poor reffing not letting that go.

I don't mind who wins but I was hoping for much closer than this.

imtommygunn

Just far too good. Hard to see anything other than Dunloy dominance for a good few years.

rogercasement

Dunloy never got out of second gear there!

Saffrongael

Was too big a game for some of the Rossa players. Dunloy streets ahead
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

bannside

Agree ITG. Paul Shiels gave a masterclass there. Head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, with honourable mention to Coby for his massive contribution to the scoreboard. Occasion got to Rossa, they hit six wides in the first ten minutes, they needed those to settle down.

keep her low this half

I think Gregory deserves some credit here. Dunloy clearly worked on attacking the Rossa short puck out. They got on top of it early on and really unsettled the Rossa full back line who never recovered. Once they had got insides Rossas collective heads it was game over.
Well done Dunloy deserved winners, enjoy the celebrations.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

So what about Ulster ? Can't see Lynches getting near Slaughtneil in Derry

rogercasement

Could depend on how slaughtneil go in the football. The fact that Dunloy play them in mid December is a pity, would be a great game for a hard dry pitch. Two good teams, can't call it.

keep her low this half

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 10, 2021, 09:36:27 PM

That depends on where Slaughtneil are at, would i be right in saying that they haven't had a real challenge since Ballyhale almost 2 years ago? I have no idea how Lynches are going but Slaughtneil must be undercooked.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: keep her low this half on October 10, 2021, 09:46:35 PM

That depends on where Slaughtneil are at, would i be right in saying that they haven't had a real challenge since Ballyhale almost 2 years ago? I have no idea how Lynches are going but Slaughtneil must be undercooked.

Most of their big players only starting to come out now ans still blowing rest of Derry teams away, they should beat Lynches but Dunloy away ahead of rest of Derry atm

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 10, 2021, 11:17:34 PM
Quote from: keep her low this half on October 10, 2021, 09:46:35 PM

Most of their big players only starting to come out now ans still blowing rest of Derry teams away, they should beat Lynches but Dunloy away ahead of rest of Derry atm

If S'niel continue to play as before, they will be hard to beat.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

An underrated aspect of Dunloys play was their tackling, dunno how many times a Rossa player went down to dip a ball and the Dunloy player just flicked it away, they made a difficult enough skill look very easy at times.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come