Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 17, 2019, 10:18:35 AM
Didn't see that result coming last night - had Tyrone on the scrapheap.

However, whomever has convinced Harte to get them to kick the ball in - please stay forever, it was genuinely great to watch. So intelligent - not all the passes were killer but some were just smart use of the inside mark.

Some of the guys I've questioned on this board were really, really impressive - Cathal McShane and Ritchie Donnelly obviously showed up to the fore so fair play to them.

Morgan was very impressive and Matty Donnelly too.

That said, Dublin are well undercooked. It will be a very different animal in a few months.

Nobody is saying thatDublin are not going to challenge this year. What we are saying is that there are no more soft all Ireland's for them.. I don't think they will age well as Kerry and Tyrone rise again.  What are they going to do... drag Clinton's old bones out of nets to try to replicate the modern approach to goalkeeping.. Jim Gavin is in the same bunker as Joe Schmidt today. As Their favourite son Conor Mc Gregor would say... what the fook just happened there...

TabClear

Good win albeit I don't think Dublin will be too concerned. Good to see Donnelly and NcShane winning a few long balls. Makes the last game interesting

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 17, 2019, 02:54:22 PM
Quote from: skeog on March 17, 2019, 10:03:59 AM
Is STG in hiding.
why would I be in hiding? Great to see Tyrone play the football we know they are capable of. Pity it took so long for the penny to drop with harte but better late than never I guess.

Did you use conditioner on the hair after you washed it?

trailer

I've been critical of McShane previously, particularly against Dublin in the Super 8's last year. It would appear I may have to reevaluate my analysis of him. He was excellent last night. Looks like a proper baller.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: rrhf on March 17, 2019, 03:25:47 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 17, 2019, 10:18:35 AM
Didn't see that result coming last night - had Tyrone on the scrapheap.

However, whomever has convinced Harte to get them to kick the ball in - please stay forever, it was genuinely great to watch. So intelligent - not all the passes were killer but some were just smart use of the inside mark.

Some of the guys I've questioned on this board were really, really impressive - Cathal McShane and Ritchie Donnelly obviously showed up to the fore so fair play to them.

Morgan was very impressive and Matty Donnelly too.

That said, Dublin are well undercooked. It will be a very different animal in a few months.

Nobody is saying thatDublin are not going to challenge this year. What we are saying is that there are no more soft all Ireland's for them.. I don't think they will age well as Kerry and Tyrone rise again.  What are they going to do... drag Clinton's old bones out of nets to try to replicate the modern approach to goalkeeping.. Jim Gavin is in the same bunker as Joe Schmidt today. As Their favourite son Conor Mc Gregor would say... what the fook just happened there...

Lets not go too mad just yet. Dublin are still raging favourites for the All Ireland this year.....

Tyrone will need to back this performance up with a few more - it's one thing beating a team in the league with X amount of losses in a row / draws or whatever it was. Tyrone had every bit of motivation - What do Dublin have at this stage, league wise. Jim Gavin could be pulling a masterstroke here dampening expectation with a lot of time to work with the best panel in Ireland now (Leinster is essentially a walk over).

GetOverTheBar

Argh, great result at the weekend for Tyrone. Who is all over the Irish News? McNamee, I've nothing against the lad - I don't know him for one, played against him but why is he always in the media. He's could be doing with drawing a little less attention to himself for some of the stuff he gets up to.

He must be team public relations go to or something ?

toby47

Saw most of the game on Saturday evening but missed the tackle/collision between Paddy Small & Niall Morgan - was there much in it?

I see Morgan is getting a hard time on twitter from a few Dubs although he replied back saying he has been in contact with Small and has apologised.

omagh_gael

Classic case of going in felt pelt with the shoulder but a combination of being a millisecond late and Andrews not seeing him led to a pretty brutal collision. I don't imagine Morgan was planning to hurt him.

bogball88

Quote from: toby47 on March 19, 2019, 03:33:24 PM
Saw most of the game on Saturday evening but missed the tackle/collision between Paddy Small & Niall Morgan - was there much in it?

I see Morgan is getting a hard time on twitter from a few Dubs although he replied back saying he has been in contact with Small and has apologised.
???

toby47

Quote from: bogball88 on March 20, 2019, 11:04:41 AM

???

Saw the tackle last night, I don't think you can say Morgan meant any malice in that tackle.

**Paddy Andrews also

WT4E

Poor ould andrews gets his jaw broke and Morgan rings a dublin sub to apologise..... that morgan what a ruthless character

southtyronegael

WT4E

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 20, 2019, 12:12:10 PM
Who is paddy small anyway?lol

Dublin sub - great club player - would be in Tyrone team if he was from our county

southtyronegael

Quote from: WT4E on March 20, 2019, 12:22:47 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 20, 2019, 12:12:10 PM
Who is paddy small anyway?lol
how small is he?

Dublin sub - great club player - would be in Tyrone team if he was from our county

RedHand88

https://mobile.twitter.com/DubsGAAFans/status/1108129041549348866