Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

O'Neill seems to have enough about him though without having blistering pace and he isn't exactly slow.  Coney is like a snail and his inability to beat a man is his downfall.  Is McGeary in the squad? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: redhandefender on June 16, 2015, 10:00:46 AM
I believe another starter has walked, heading stateside! Serious exodus of players this year possibly shows the team lack a bit of belief themselves if this is going on!

Who?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

redhandefender

Quote from: Tommo2 on June 16, 2015, 12:29:50 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on June 16, 2015, 12:10:06 PM
Mc Namee

If he goes, hes a massive loss. Good leader at the back.

He's gone, that early championship round was a disaster on reflection, only good if tyrone were flying high. Lucky its the last year of it! He is a massive loss, probably replace him with Clarke but even pre-injury Clarke was nowhere near mc name. Had really grown into it this year

nrico2006

McBride could be an option in there, if not Clarke.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

I like McNamee and think its a major blow for the team and fair play to him if he wants to earn a bit of dough in America. But, is this, and the other departures, a little insight into the mindset of some current members of the squad and possibly why they don't have the attitude needed to progress to be the standard of previous teams? Maybe over time we will be left with a squad who are all firing in the same direction and that will be a better position to be in.
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 16, 2015, 12:58:45 PM
I like McNamee and think its a major blow for the team and fair play to him if he wants to earn a bit of dough in America. But, is this, and the other departures, a little insight into the mindset of some current members of the squad and possibly why they don't have the attitude needed to progress to be the standard of previous teams? Maybe over time we will be left with a squad who are all firing in the same direction and that will be a better position to be in.

Good point

longballin

also indicates failure of manager to keep players on board...

time ticking away

canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Sunny Day

Massive blow for the County,  he probably has become one of our best full back's, really took on the challenge and made that Number 3 Jersey his own.  Sad.  Though remember guys that this is not the first time this has happened and I dont think its a reflection of the management nor the regime.  Hub Hughes left for Australia in 2005 as well as Brian McGuigan.  I also think Mulligan went for a stint during the 'big years'.  Its something that unfortunately happens.  Those are only the 3 most high profile players during the 'big' years, I'm nearly sure other fringe players went as well.  I certainly wouldnt blame Mickey & Co.  After Sundays performance by Armagh I am of the thinking that Tyrone might be the only team that will/did put it up to Donegal.  I dont think any team in Ireland (Dublin, Kerry, Cork or Monaghan) could have went to Ballybofey in May can come out of it with their 'reputation' still intact,  never mind a win!! 

longballin

well they did get relegated... I know some of the players hate playing that system which totally stiffles them...

redhandefender

Don't be so ridiculous hate playing that way. They paly any other way they would get thumped. Ye play for the team. Mc Namee is a major loss I think. Mc Kenna gone to states to but not as pivotal. The difference with hub and mc guigan was the season was over when they decided to go and they had won trophies. Also there wasn't a mass exodus like we have seen this year.

Worryingly no matter what supporters think you would hope the players believe there is a chance of all Ireland glory. With people walking away would make you think they really don't and there is problems there

longballin

obviously you don't know too many of them... is it rugby league they are told to play? and is bullsh*t to say it works... they got relegated... duh!

redhandefender

Anybody who moans about the style they are being told to play to win for your county or club should go away and jump. Talk about ego getting carried away.

I can assure that wasn't why mc namee left. which is the sad thing. He was one of the fellas who would go into battle 100%. As for someone moaning about the way he is being told to play, ship him off to the states with a one way ticket please and promote an under 21 who wants to play for the team!

"Duh" ? Bored after school?