Horror Movies

Started by DrinkingHarp, October 27, 2008, 03:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 28, 2008, 10:11:18 PM
Can't stand horror movies meself. They're just far too horrific for somebody of my nervous disposition. Saw near shot my nerves altogether. I'm always afraid of screaming in fear in the cinema as well. That has me as badly on edge as the film does.

Agree TAM

Watched Wallace & Grommit and the Curse of the Ware Rabbit last night and couldn't get to sleep after it.  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The Corporal

I know it isnt a Horror film but "Signs" creeped me out a little. The bit where Mel Gibson goes into his daughters room and looks out the window and sees the silhouette (sp) of the alien beside the chimney was creepy. Also the bit where he's in the corn field and his torch fails then he turns it on and sees a green foot.

tbrick18

Quote from: full back on October 28, 2008, 09:09:17 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 28, 2008, 09:02:37 PM
Ghost is my favourite.

Not exactly a horror film pog, more one to get your end away when you were a young fella ;)

BTW fcuk off lurganblue  :D , you know what I meant

Maybe somoene should recommend Ghost to youngfella on the girlfriend thread!

illdecide

Lads i seen that new film out "Mirrors" last week and it def is scary shit...Of course it was a nice legal copy :P But seriously it was one of the best horror's I've seen...def up there with the original Exorcist
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Thought the Exorcist was a pile of sh1te, much like the Saw shows

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Treasurer

2005 Leinster Hurling Semi final  :(

Champ15

Stephen Kings Pet Cemetery its the only horror movie that has ever freaked me out and im a great fan of horrors. Seriously not a film to watch on your own but i highly recommend it
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 28, 2008, 10:11:18 PM
Can't stand horror movies meself. They're just far too horrific for somebody of my nervous disposition. Saw near shot my nerves altogether. I'm always afraid of screaming in fear in the cinema as well. That has me as badly on edge as the film does.

Saw the Ring years ago in the cinema, some spoofer let out a yell at some opportune time, turned a horror into a comedy...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mylestheslasher

Most horrors sacrifice suspense for gore. Gore horrors are more funny than scarry I think. LIke some ye said already, Saloms lot scared the daylights out of me when I was young but I watched again about a year ago and it looked really dated. The blair witch project is a damn good film and damn scarry two. I could hear those bloody cracking noises outside me window for days afterwards. The Shining has to be up there too.

Onion Bag

The Ring, the original version, in Japenese, had to read the sub titles, scared the bejasus out of me
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!