Official Laois Thread 2007

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 06:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

good win today,by all accounts a great match with some good scores from both sides in very bad weather..The Dubs again now i wonder will we put out our strongest team?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

haze

I hope we dont. The lads who got us, there no matter what there prospects are for making the championship 15, deserve to be given a chance in the final and no better test than the Dubs at this time of the year to test their credentials. I really hope Paul Lawlor is given a prolonged stint in the first 15. A real classy player, definitely the best off the ball mover in the panel after munnelly, though its a pity he doesnt have a bit more pace..

who will solve our full back problems? i dont rate Byrne in the slightest and it would look like Rooney is still the best option though i believe we could do with him around the half back line to pick up some more breaks

The Real Laoislad

Right now that the O'Byrne cup is out of the way the serious action starts,What would be a good league campaign
I'd be happy with making Division 1 satus next year and maybe getting to semi finals of this years
Paul Lawlor lokks like he's coming good and going to make the grade.Wolly was awful against Dublin don't think he should start against Westmeath
Will Munnelly and co be back for Westmeath game does anyone know?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

haze

As far as i know Munnelly will be back for the westmeath game unsure about the others though. Garvan still has not rejoined the panel so he definitely won't be playing. I'd like to know when Chris Conway, Donie Brennan, Padraig McMahon and Aidan Fennelly are going to make a reappearence. Wooly i think is just not up to championship standard, he might make a very effective impact sub if he is happy to accept that role but otherwise he has not proved done anything to justify the Laois hype over the years bar a few league games.

also i don't rate Billy Sheahan and i would much rather see Paul Lawlor given a prolonged stint in the team as he has twice the skill and he is a scoring threat. oh and i wish Beano had an extra yard of pace... it would solve alot of our scoring woes. Maybe a fully fit Kevin Fitz could make a return to the forwads as it would appear we have plenty of defensive cover.

The Real Laoislad

Agreed about Beano,It also looks sometimes that he afraid to shoot and passes instead and most of the time the chance is lost.
Whats story with Garvan anyways?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Heshs Umpire

Garvan rejoining the panel next week.
Munnelly, B Brennan, Conway and Quigley should all be OK for Westweath game.
I believe Higgins, Fennelly and McMahon are a bit further behind in recovery terms
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

The Real Laoislad

Donie Brennan dropped fron the Laois Senior Football squad.From what i hear it's because he didn't want to do weight training
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Wasn't at game as i had other commitments,but by all regards Laois were woefull
Anyone at it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

stevemac

nice win for the hurlers alright but we should walk division 2 this year.

hear the u-21's where lucky to beat wicklow.   anyone at the game?

The Real Laoislad

Good win for hurlers but in fairness we should be beating the likes of Armagh,Carlow,Wicklow,Derry and Meath quite easily anyways

Any team news for footballers?Will Higgins get a run or Garvan for that matter? Wonder will Munnellly keep his place he was woefull against Galway
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Laois team v Louth

Byron,Ryan,Rooney,Staplelton,O'Leary,Kelly,McCormack
Clancy,Quigley
Sheehan,Lawlor,Conway,McDonald,Brennan,Munnelly
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Wasn't at game the girlfriend was sick,but just off the phone to the auld lad he reckons Laois are going no where and not getting any better under the new manager and were lucky to get the draw
Anyone at the game from either Laois or Louth with a report?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Stapleton blow for Laois
Posted on March 2nd, 2007 by Editor
LAOIS footballers have suffered a blow with the news that corner Rory Stapleton is set to be ruled out for the rest of the NFL campaign, WRITES PADDY HICKEY.

The 21-year-old Stapleton, in his first year at senior inter-county level, dislocated his elbow in last Sunday's draw with Louth at Portlaoise.

He will be sidelined from the remaining league fixtures against Down, Derry, Armagh and Kildare.

The Annanough clubman did the damage when he collided with team-mate Joe Higgins just 20 minutes into the game. Last year, a leg injury ruled Stapleton out of the early stages of the Leinster U21 championship.

On the credit side for team boss Liam Kearns is that goalkeeper Fergal Byron and centre-back Tom Kelly are expected to be available for the March 11 clash away to Down after missing the Louth game because of 'flu.

You'll Never Walk Alone.