The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

off the laces

Watched the first half last night then listened to the second on radio. What seems to be the problem with our passing around the middle, too many times last night a ball into the channels was cut out and the counterattack was on, also on one occassion modric ran accross the pitch gave the ball to lennon on the side line then tried to take it off him again and turned the ball over to west ham. we need the ball going to feet to stop counterattacks as each time west ham broke even the commentator was getting excited as there was the possibilty off a goal.
Keeps 'er' straight

T Fearon

Nevertheless a good win and Gomes also looked competent for once. Why the hell do we beat West Ham all the time at Upton Park but couldn't do it in 2006 to claim the Champions League spot?

off the laces

Quote from: T Fearon on December 09, 2008, 09:13:31 AM
Nevertheless a good win and Gomes also looked competent for once. Why the hell do we beat West Ham all the time at Upton Park but couldn't do it in 2006 to claim the Champions League spot?
a couple off good punches alright commanded his box
Keeps 'er' straight

Old Bill

I see Juande Ramos will be the next manager of Real Madrid. Tony, Just because it was done with Sheringham does not mean it will be the right thing to do this time. At that time, United were multi Title winning side, Liverpool are not and wont be. Keane would lose face of course, I and other fans were angered about his 'i love the club' comments when he joined Liverpool. Would he fit in now?

T Fearon

Old Bill not the same scenario. If Robbie was to come back after a few months realising his mistake I'd be happy. Sheringham came back after 6 years glory hunting, when he was all washed up, and there wasn't a murmur of protest about it.

Old Bill

Different scenario tony, Then Tottenham was a club on its knees a victim of mis management of gross and graham and the like. Spurs now are a much different propisition. We have done well in europe and have top 5 finishes in the last few years. Then we were not in the position to buy the like of Pav and Modric. I dont think we need Robbie. Although he would do well under some one like Harry
BTw Teddy was at United for 4 years not 6!

Old Bill

T Fearon

Ah well, after Spurs it was always going to be a step down whatever ;D

Old Bill

This is probably paper talk but Ramos is being linked today with moves for both Aaron Lennon and David Bentley. Probably a load of Balls but Bents is struggling to get his place with us never mind competing for a place at Real Madrid!

T Fearon

Well Real did sign Woodgate once..before he developed into a top class defender and Cup winning goalscorer at the Lane ;D

cavan4ever

Quote from: Old Bill on December 10, 2008, 11:42:44 AM
This is probably paper talk but Ramos is being linked today with moves for both Aaron Lennon and David Bentley. Probably a load of Balls but Bents is struggling to get his place with us never mind competing for a place at Real Madrid!

As long as he doesn't try and sign Gomes i don't mind.

imtommygunn

I think Bentley would suit the Spanish league a lot more. Doesn't look physical / pacy enough for English one...

As for Lennon don't think he'd be so good there. As my workmate said "if Aaron Lennon had half a brain he'd be amazing..."

T Fearon

I have a good feeling about this weekend's game with Man Ure, we certainly owe them one and have beaten all the other so called top four in recent seasons except them. 10/3 against in the local bookies as well

nifan

One of those odd occasions I am fully behind Spurs.
They have upset Liverpool in recent months, so hopefully they can help us out this time and cause man u some problems

Dinny Breen

Quotebeaten all the other so called top four in recent seasons except them

Eh, 18 games since the Spuds beat Arsenal in the Premiership  :o
#newbridgeornowhere