The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: T Fearon on February 27, 2013, 10:39:28 PM
I can think of no other player , including the Portuguese ponce, who has single handedly won so many games as Bale has done this season.I certainly wouldnt swap him for Ronaldo, though he probably is some way short of Messi at the moment.
;D. Poor effort Tony. I expect better from you.

T Fearon

He's ok when surrounded by superstars,a luxury Bale doesn't enjoy at Spurs.He was anonymous for Portugal against N.Ireland,The sort of game Bale would dominate and win singlehandedly.That's why I wouldn't swap Bale for Ronaldo

muppet

Quote from: thewobbler on February 26, 2013, 12:07:26 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 26, 2013, 11:58:10 AM
Always a good laugh this thread

Bale
2012/13 Barclays Premier League
GAMES   GOALS   ASSISTS   SHOTS
24                15          1   112

Walcott
2012/13 Barclays Premier League
GAMES   GOALS   ASSISTS   SHOTS
23                11          8   62

Nobody would call Walcott world class.

We really live in a world gone mad with hyperbola!!!!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/in-gifs-gareth-bales-8-sensational-spurs-goals-in-just-6-games/

Hyperbole, yes. But stats don't tell the full story, also yes.

That link isn't working. Where are the 8 sensational goals?
MWWSI 2017

nrico2006

It is unreal how some English journalist writes an over-hyped article on a player (Bale in this case) and it seems to become contagious with every other journalist spouting dung on the same topic.  Bale has been playing well recently, but playing really well for a few weeks isn't going to win you player of the year or suddenly elevate you to best in the world.  He isn't as good as Ronaldo and will never be anywhere near as good as Messi.  I can't believe the hype around a fella who has scored 15 goals this season.  Andy Cole must wish he had been playing now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

T Fearon

Some of us don't need journalists to tell us if a player is good or not. The big question is , if you slotted in Ronaldo or indeed Messi into the current Spurs side,in place of Bale, would they be as equally influential? In Ronaldo's case I believe not, and even Messi, unaided by the likes of Iniesta,Xaxi etc might struggle to reach Bale's current form in the Spurs side.

ziggy90

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2013, 11:36:42 AM
Some of us don't need journalists to tell us if a player is good or not. The big question is , if you slotted in Ronaldo or indeed Messi into the current Spurs side,in place of Bale, would they be as equally influential? In Ronaldo's case I believe not, and even Messi, unaided by the likes of Iniesta,Xaxi etc might struggle to reach Bale's current form in the Spurs side.

Fixed that for you.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

thewobbler

Tony, you really don't help things by being unable to by objective.

Ronaldo has scored 136 goals in 125 games for Madrid, and between there and United has won every honour in the game. That's not good, it's not great. It's completely and utterly extraordinary. He's also scored 38 in 103 for Portugal, despite being surrounded by some very average players.

Messi is probably the greatest player in the history of the game. 207 goals in 239 top flight club matches. Every honour won multiple times, and only 25 years old.

They don't just do "Bale's current form" occasionally, they've both been doing it for years, and years.

ziggy90

Quote from: thewobbler on February 28, 2013, 11:43:54 AM
Tony, you really don't help things by being unable to by objective.

Ronaldo has scored 136 goals in 125 games for Madrid, and between there and United has won every honour in the game. That's not good, it's not great. It's completely and utterly extraordinary. He's also scored 38 in 103 for Portugal, despite being surrounded by some very average players.

Messi is probably the greatest player in the history of the game. 207 goals in 239 top flight club matches. Every honour won multiple times, and only 25 years old.

They don't just do "Bale's current form" occasionally, they've both been doing it for years, and years.

Arguably.

Bale, as good as he is, has a lot of work to do before he can even be able to be mentioned in the same breath as Messi and/or Ronaldo.

T Fearon

Well he keeps on doing it! Today's win officially marks the return of Tottenham Hotspur to their rightful perch as Kings of N.London and ends the rot that started when we threw away the 1987 League Cup semi final to the bungmeister's Woolwich itinerants!

From the Bunker

Have to say, today marks the end of The Gunners dominance over Spurs which has been there for yonks! Spurs will be playing Champions League football next season and attracting a better quality of player. The Gunners will be back to trying to hold onto players!

T Fearon

It can be traced all the way back to the 1987 League Cup Final,remember Clive Allen's wonder season.That's how long ago it was,when Spurs lost two late goals after practically having one foot in the final.AVB is turning out to be a genius

All of a Sludden

Quote from: T Fearon on March 03, 2013, 10:52:37 PM
AVB is turning out to be a genius

Genius is maybe taking it a bit far, but he is an excellent manager IMO and bringing him to Shite Hart Lane was one of the Levys best ever bit of business. How sick will Mr Abramovich feel if Chelsea don't qualify for the CL?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

T Fearon

Bale! At this stage I'm running out of superlatives! Literally!

ziggy90

Minder

Quote from: T Fearon on March 07, 2013, 09:21:22 PM
Bale! At this stage I'm running out of superlatives! Literally!

His diving is something else, bravo !

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"