1st day at school

Started by small white mayoman, September 04, 2007, 01:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small white mayoman

Left my little girl at school today for her 1st day. Very emotional they are beginning to make their steps in the big bad world out there. How did the rest of ye like school, the only thing i missed were the auld football matches every lunchtime you would have great games and after  school you would play football till the cows came home. Different days then parents didn't have to worry about leaving their children out till all hours they knew they were safe now you afraid to let them out of your sight.
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Bogball XV

Quote from: small white mayoman on September 04, 2007, 01:38:49 PM
Different days then parents didn't have to worry about leaving their children out till all hours they knew they were safe now you afraid to let them out of your sight.
Going to go slightly off topic Mayoman, but is that just because the media hype such things up, or are there real dangers that weren't there before?  I don't have kids, so I'm not criticising, just wondering what anyone thinks.

lynchbhoy

I'd say that the real dangers are not those of kidnappers or molestors etc but the dangers of bored kids left hanging around , unpoliced by adults and with the usual dangers of drink, drugs and underage sex to send them off the rails.

these were always there, but as more suburban estates house more families, the prob is that a large proportion of parents kick their kids out onto the street rather than face having to live, talk, be interrupted by them and dealing with the usual kids rows and backchat.
Or just allowing them onto the streets.
Thats not the attitude that sets a good precedent.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: small white mayoman on September 04, 2007, 01:38:49 PM
Left my little girl at school today for her 1st day. Very emotional they are beginning to make their steps in the big bad world out there. How did the rest of ye like school, the only thing i missed were the auld football matches every lunchtime you would have great games and after  school you would play football till the cows came home. Different days then parents didn't have to worry about leaving their children out till all hours they knew they were safe now you afraid to let them out of your sight.

Had a nephew start school yesterday, I really thought he'd be the scream and cry at the gate type but so far so good. 
I hated school but what i'd give now to be fit to spend my days colouring in!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Kentucky Blue

the old cliche rings true; "Your school days are the best of your life!"

Running round with your mates kicking ball and not a care in the world.  ;D

the only thing you had to worry about was what you would tell your ma happened the hole in the knee of your trousers!

Square Ball

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 04, 2007, 05:44:25 PM

the only thing you had to worry about was what you would tell your ma happened the hole in the knee of your trousers!

a bid lad from p7 tripped me up mum, honestly. She would look at you laugh knowingly, and beat the tripe outta ya, no only joking, give you that wee smile that only mothers can give, and sow that rip
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

john mcgill

Had my first real day back at school on Monday.  Sleep pattern has gone to hell and I feel choked in a collar and tie.  Wine off the menu on week nights.  You don't know the traumas of being a teacher!

pintsofguinness

Aye the three months holidays must be tough.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Any potential MacCrory Cup Winners amongst them?
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

I remember it as if it were yesterday - all of 23 years ago now

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Square Ball

All together now....AAAHhhhhhhhh

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Gabriel_Hurl

Square Ball

Just curious, did anyone else have to wear a uniform at Primaty school? i diddnt