Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: ross4life on March 02, 2011, 06:58:47 PM
He gave a penalty & villa scored better than what Birmingham got this year & ask the Arse fan's he was the ref for the 4-4 draw with Newcastle.
The Linesman gave offside..surely nothing to do with the ref

gallsman

Quote from: ross4life on March 02, 2011, 05:32:37 PM
Current table

Man United P28 Pts 60
Arsenal P27 Pts 56
Man City P28 Pts 50
Chelsea P27 pts 48

Last season

Chelsea P27 Pts 61
Man United P28 Pts 60
Arsenal P27 Pts 55
Man City 28 Pts 50

Interesting...........

Any particular reason?

What do all the United fans make of Evra's "attempt" to stop Luiz' shot? He should have been hurtling his bod in front of it.

new devil

Whats so interesting Ross?

ross4life

Don't feel the need of repeating myself

Quote from: ross4life on March 01, 2011, 09:00:42 PM
Poor defending by Evra fine finish from Luiz

Interesting how Arselona,City & United have almost the same points from the same amount of games
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 02, 2011, 04:35:13 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 02, 2011, 02:57:38 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 02, 2011, 01:47:12 PM
Even before Rooney's great goal I was worried about the ref. It wasn't just the failure to send Luiz off and the joke of a penalty given to Chelsea or the penalty not given to United for Terry's handball - he was at it all night. Ivanovic sat on Nani after Nani nutmegged him out at the corner flag and it was "play on"! One of those nights but please in future spare us the "United own the refs" garbage. It is bloody annoying granted and its happening too much against Chelsea for my liking!

Great game to face into to start the recovery. Liverpool have been a bit more spirited under Dalglish so will be tough to beat but to win the title United have to start picking up a few away wins at tricky places.

I'll replay because you usually chat sense.

1. You never mentioned Chelsea's disallowed goal?
2. Ivanovic and Nani tumbled together. It looked like both over balanced OR Nani pulled him back.
3. The Terry penalty incident would've been very harsh. Ball hit with pace and hands tight by his side. If it was deliberate that's the 'back up keeper' issue sorted.
4. You never mentioned Rooney's dive in the penalty box that should've been a yellow.
5. Luiz definately should've got red. No doubt. Any reason with Hernandez held his face when Luiz fouled him considering the charge was to the chest.
6. No mention of Rooney's charge on Ramieres (I think it's called the 'McCarthy') that should've been a yellow.
7. The penalty I was not too sure about until the after match replays. Definately a pen on play back.

The last few games when Chelsea have been very poor e.g. Liverpool and Everton at home we've had clear, clear penalties turned down (Johnson's push on Ivan and Howard felling Ramires). However I've not really gone on about it because we deserved nowt out of the games. Sometimes you get the luck you deserve. Last night, Chelsea were very unlucky not to score via Zhirkov and Ivan. In my opinion the luck via the Luiz decision was earned and the best team won.

Can't let all that go, a few to take issue with:
3. Terry's hands were definitely not by his side and his arm was pushed towards the ball to make the block. He reacted to the shot and moved his arm towards the ball. Whether he moved his chest close to that is irrelevant.
5. A reverse angle clearly showed his shoulder met with Hernandez's chin. That was certainly not a dive or faking, not that it had any influence whatsoever anyway.
6. Rooney met Ramires with his shoulder and was side by side, it was not a yellow and in the English game probably not even a free.

Shoulder charges are fine... if the ball is there.

I notice not a being argued with point one. Interesting.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Boycey

I didnt actually think you were serious about point 1. Some of the others I'd agree with and some I wouldn't..

ross4life

Well Norf i was going to argue all the points but thought... why bother?

I'll take the 12 points cushion instead.  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sammymaguire

Will United beat Liverpool on Sunday Ross? Might make things very interesting if they don't
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ross4life

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 02, 2011, 10:05:13 PM
Will United beat Liverpool on Sunday Ross? Might make things very interesting if they don't

I'll be surprised if United win on Sunday.

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on March 02, 2011, 10:16:32 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 02, 2011, 10:05:13 PM

I'll be surprised if United win on Sunday.

I fancy a score draw myself, 2 each.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on March 02, 2011, 08:49:47 PM
Well Norf i was going to argue all the points but thought... why bother?

I'll take the 12 points cushion instead.  ;)

Ha Ha very good. The old images of refs photo shopped into the other team's jersey cracks me every time!

Norf Tyrone

magpie seanie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 02, 2011, 11:00:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDbIr3DILNc&feature=player_embedded

That Rooney dive for those who missed it. Should've been booked.

I wasn't sure at the time but that shows he was accidentally clipped knocking one foot into the other. Not a dive and actually more of a pen than the one Chelsea got.

1. The "disallowed goal" - whistle went before Torres hit the ball. O'Shea as fouled.
2. Nani had the guy beaten with a nut meg and Ivanoic barged him over and sat on him. It was clear. What had Nani to gain by wrestling with a guy he had a step on?
3. Clearly moved his hand to the ball as per Wilkins in studio also. Hands were defo not by his side.
4. Dealt with above.
5. Total bullshit here Norf. Hernandez did get hit in the face and got up fairly quickly. That's the kind of lad he is.
6. He barely touched him. Ramires shit his pants and anticipated a belt that didn't quite arrive. Ref actually called this correctly.
7. I stand over what I said. Pretty disgraceflu decision. You're entitled to your opinion but most don't agree.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 02, 2011, 11:13:05 PM

I wasn't sure at the time but that shows he was accidentally clipped knocking one foot into the other. Not a dive and actually more of a pen than the one Chelsea got.

1. The "disallowed goal" - whistle went before Torres hit the ball. O'Shea as fouled.
2. Nani had the guy beaten with a nut meg and Ivanoic barged him over and sat on him. It was clear. What had Nani to gain by wrestling with a guy he had a step on?
3. Clearly moved his hand to the ball as per Wilkins in studio also. Hands were defo not by his side.
4. Dealt with above.
5. Total bullshit here Norf. Hernandez did get hit in the face and got up fairly quickly. That's the kind of lad he is.
6. He barely touched him. Ramires shit his pants and anticipated a belt that didn't quite arrive. Ref actually called this correctly.
7. I stand over what I said. Pretty disgraceflu decision. You're entitled to your opinion but most don't agree.

Smalling was unlucky that he got nutmegged by a ricochet and didn't have the time to react. This doesn't take away from the fact that he tripped Zhirkov up on his way through. Stonewall penalty.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 02, 2011, 11:13:05 PM

1. The "disallowed goal" - whistle went before Torres hit the ball. O'Shea as fouled. I seen a bit of hauling by defenders and attackers in that box. He should've let play go on. I'll take the whistle argument which leaves it a 'maybe'.
2. Nani had the guy beaten with a nut meg and Ivanoic barged him over and sat on him. It was clear. What had Nani to gain by wrestling with a guy he had a step on? I am not sure if they were wrestling, maybe they both over balanced. Definately not a foul IMHO.
3. Clearly moved his hand to the ball as per Wilkins in studio also. Hands were defo not by his side.  They looked by his side to me.
4. Dealt with above.
5. Total bullshit here Norf. Hernandez did get hit in the face and got up fairly quickly. That's the kind of lad he is. Really? A dozen or two pages back you were cringing at Hernandez diving but now he's the salt of the earth. I don't think he got up quickly at all if I remember rightly. Maybe 'other' replays show he did get hit in the face. The ones I seen didn't.
7. I stand over what I said. Pretty disgraceflu decision. You're entitled to your opinion but most don't agree. Most? About 50/50 in terms of people's opinions I'd suggest. It looked a penalty to me

To be honest. As stated several times your scorer should not have been on the pitch due to the failings of a ref on Saturday, but today when the odd decision (Thinking Luiz's red card here in the main) goes against you the ref gets persecuted.

I suppose that's football fans..