Maddie's parents shocked...

Started by pintsofguinness, June 06, 2007, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 06, 2007, 06:58:22 PM
maybe the media are afraid if they criticise the parents they too will be accused of hoping the child turns up dead. you didn't come back to defend your comments supermac. while i can understand the need of the parents to keep it in the spotlight they've crossed the line. judging by the mother's comments at the press conference she hasn't accepted they done anything wrong that night. they do not come across as people who've got a child missing. the uncle was on the ITV news and there wasn't a trace of emotion or sadness, he could have been talking about flowers.
100% agree pints

Syd

I dont think they had anything to do with it but i do fin it all a bit distasteful, they have become spoilt by the attention. My brother pointed it out to me about how cool the Da is about the whole thing. I know everyone is different but he could be talking about what he had for breakfast such was the lack of emotion he was conveying.

ExiledGael

It's a bit cynical but I am suspicious of him since I seen him on the news a few weeks ago.
He was talking about how they didn't know what else to do and they were doing all they could.
He said 'the analogy I like to use best is that it's like when you get to the overdraft in your bank account when you're a student and you get to the limit, there's nothing left'.
A litte cold and creepy I thought, comparing the lost girl and suffering with anything to do with finances

Tony Baloney

I'm still waiting for it to be announced on the news that they're flying in Philip Green's private jet to LA to stay with the Beckhams so they can meet Hollywood producers to sell the rights to the story! The way it's going now it's surely only a matter of time!

When are Sir Elton and Liz Hurley throwing the big fundraising bash?!  :-\

An Gaeilgoir

The Guardian reported yesterday i think that the parents are trying to organise a live aid type of concert with a concert in England and the states. This is getting unbelievable at this stage and to be honest a little freaky. I agree with the comments about Lorraine Keane and posters of the missing girl up in shops in this country....over a thousand kids have gone missing since this girl went missing,but they dont count becuase they come from disadvantaged backgrounds and dont have professional parents who it seems dont take any personal responsibility for their missing kid.If i had a child that had been abducted,i dont think i would let the rest of my children out of my sight not for one moment. I'm sure these twins who were left behind need extra support from their parents now more than ever.