You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

"Yes and no."

It can't be both. It's one or the other.

illdecide

A 40' Lorry can't drive around a mini round about (Fact), in fact a car has difficulty doing a 360 around it. Technically you are supposed to deflect slightly off the main carriageway and go arund it and if it's set out properly it will not run straight with the carriageway but large vehicles will have to drive thru the middle of it...

Hope that settles your tiff ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

omaghjoe

haul on...so it is yes and no! This is mad altogether

punt kick

Quote from: illdecide on September 26, 2017, 10:07:28 PM
A 40' Lorry can't drive around a mini round about (Fact), in fact a car has difficulty doing a 360 around it. Technically you are supposed to deflect slightly off the main carriageway and go arund it and if it's set out properly it will not run straight with the carriageway but large vehicles will have to drive thru the middle of it...

No tiff, i just like dealing in facts.  :)

Franko

Quote from: punt kick on September 26, 2017, 08:25:27 PM
Quote from: Franko on September 26, 2017, 05:09:48 PM
Quote from: punt kick on September 26, 2017, 03:44:09 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 26, 2017, 01:35:42 PM
Quote from: punt kick on September 26, 2017, 01:31:52 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 26, 2017, 01:04:27 PM
People that dont drive around a mini roundabout.
Driving out over the top of it or just cutting across before it completely  >:(

That's what it is designed for, hence the name mini roundabout.  You have f**king little to be worried about kid.
if its a round about your supposed to go around it , hence the name  ???

It's designed so that it can be driven over, as it is a mini roundabout and some vehicles have to do it, else it would be a big yoke with trees in the middle.  Any bit you not following?

I'd say he's just about right.  The bit below was the clincher;

All vehicles MUST pass round the central markings

All vehicles can't hence it's design, so it can be driven over.

Yes, it CAN be driven over, and is designed as such.  But only in the case where it's impossible to do anything else.  Much like a crash helmet I suppose.

Franko

Quote from: punt kick on September 27, 2017, 07:27:18 AM

It wouldn't seem so in this case.

punt kick

Quote from: Franko on September 27, 2017, 08:32:18 AM
Quote from: punt kick on September 27, 2017, 07:27:18 AM

It wouldn't seem so in this case.

Au contraire, the original poster was pissed off at people driving over mini roundabouts, they are designed to be driven over as some vehicles have no choice in the matter, hope that clarifies that for you.

HiMucker

Im with Punt on this.  Drive over the top of them!  Why anyone would bother trying the cut to drive round one when there is no other vehicles in the vicinity is beyond me.  Bloody rule abiders.  Type of people who wait for the green man to come before crossing when there is no cars for miles!  ;D

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Franko on September 27, 2017, 08:31:51 AM

That's what it is designed for, hence the name mini roundabout.  You have f**king little to be worried about kid.

It's designed so that it can be driven over, as it is a mini roundabout and some vehicles have to do it, else it would be a big yoke with trees in the middle.  Any bit you not following?

Yes, it CAN be driven over, and is designed as such.  But only in the case where it's impossible to do anything else.  Much like a crash helmet I suppose.

Thats fair enough, Im not talking about lads in articulated lorries that is difficult (or impossible ) to get around, it people in a standard car or a jeep that just plow over the top , making no effort to go around it, or even worse, people that when turning right, just cut across before they even reach the roundabout.
There is a mini roundabout right beside my house so I see people doing this all the time. When added to the fact that most people dont seem to know who has the right of way at a roundabout it leads to chaos and alot more accidents than their should be
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

lurganblue

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 27, 2017, 09:59:42 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 27, 2017, 08:31:51 AM

Thats fair enough, Im not talking about lads in articulated lorries that is difficult (or impossible ) to get around, it people in a standard car or a jeep that just plow over the top , making no effort to go around it, or even worse, people that when turning right, just cut across before they even reach the roundabout.
There is a mini roundabout right beside my house so I see people doing this all the time. When added to the fact that most people dont seem to know who has the right of way at a roundabout it leads to chaos and alot more accidents than their should be

Driving round craigavon quickly teaches you who has right of way at roundabouts. Also, they are proper roundabouts that you could build housing estates inside. A painting in the road deserves to be horsed over the top of...

vallankumous

Quote from: lurganblue on September 27, 2017, 11:24:34 AM

Driving round craigavon quickly teaches you who has right of way at roundabouts. Also, they are proper roundabouts that you could build housing estates inside. A painting in the road deserves to be horsed over the top of...

Roundabouts are there to give you the chance to overtake in traffic and reach the next red light before the car previously front. If you reach the red light first you get to wait longer at it and that might provide an opportunity to check your phone.

mackers

Couples kissing and feeling each other up in queues.  Waiting to get on a plane yesterday evening, it had been a long day, wasn't in the form for watching that! Get a room FFS!  >:( >:(
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

punt kick

Quote from: mackers on September 29, 2017, 11:28:07 AM
Couples kissing and feeling each other up in queues.  Waiting to get on a plane yesterday evening, it had been a long day, wasn't in the form for watching that! Get a room FFS!  >:( >:(

Don't watch - f**k you boys get annoyed very easily - maybe you should all stay at home on the GAABOARD!

mackers

Hard not to watch when it's happening in a queue right in front of you. I'd love to not have been there! F**king Easyjet when we're on the subject!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mackers on September 29, 2017, 01:32:59 PM
Hard not to watch when it's happening in a queue right in front of you. I'd love to not have been there! F**king Easyjet when we're on the subject!
I was on easyJet yesterday evening from Edinburgh. I can confirm my (male) boss and I were not the couple in question  :D