You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Queuing up in the barber, in a rush. Person in front either having little to no hair, or very short hair (like the fool in front of me right now) or some nerd getting a beard line up. No call for it!

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Laying down at work today because my bad back was playing up and then getting my leg trapped against the table a wall in the vacant office. Then the University girl on a year's placement having to free me from it.

That kinda grind my gears today.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on August 08, 2017, 08:02:14 PM
Laying down at work today because my bad back was playing up and then getting my leg trapped against the table a wall in the vacant office. Then the University girl on a year's placement having to free me from it.

Muppet  ;D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on August 08, 2017, 07:52:54 PM
Painting ceilings. Nothing worse.
Aye! Painted a room last week and whilst the walls are okay the ceiling could do with another coat. Hate it.

imtommygunn

The bbc commentary on this world athletics championships. With how much maligning they have given gatlin (it would be rightfully so were it applied consistently might i add), what they say about semenya and now radcliffe being an iaaf cheerleader when they are making a farce of this illness outbreak it is getting hard to listen to.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2017, 08:09:58 PM
The bbc commentary on this world athletics championships. With how much maligning they have given gatlin (it would be rightfully so were it applied consistently might i add), what they say about semenya and now radcliffe being an iaaf cheerleader when they are making a farce of this illness outbreak it is getting hard to listen to.
Denise Lewis? Yes?

Eamonnca1

People saying "laying" when they mean "lying." You lie in the present tense, you lay in the past.

Targetman

1 feckin team not scoring for a goal rush when the other 11 did, it's gonna be another season of hard luck stories!!

Hardy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 08, 2017, 09:17:59 PM

People saying "laying" when they mean "lying." You lie in the present tense, you lay in the past.

I seems to be almost universal in US speech to use the transitive 'lay' (to lay something down) for the intransitive 'lie'.
Present tense, 'lay', past tense 'laid'.
I am laying down. I laid down yesterday.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Hardy on August 09, 2017, 12:31:53 PM
I seems to be almost universal in US speech to use the transitive 'lay' (to lay something down) for the intransitive 'lie'.

Americans also cut their food with the edge of the fork instead of using a knife like a normal human being. Doesn't make it right.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 09, 2017, 07:13:23 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 09, 2017, 12:31:53 PM

Americans also cut their food with the edge of the fork instead of using a knife like a normal human being. Doesn't make it right.
And say "could care less" instead of "couldn't care less".
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

And threaten to fire missals at North Korea.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on August 09, 2017, 09:13:43 PM
And threaten to fire missals at North Korea.

That's throwing the book at them!