You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: general_lee on June 24, 2022, 10:06:04 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on June 24, 2022, 09:29:01 AM
Worse in a bar where a group of 6 wimmin order and pay for their drinks separately  :-[
For balance, when fellas order a big round including a Guinness or whatever then f**k straight off to the toilet before paying. Inevitably barman finishes the round and you're stood looking at him with two arms at one length waiting for lord muck to reappear.

Any barman should be able to be filling 2-3 orders at the same time. This craic of waiting for a lad to pay - you could have the next 2 lots of Guinness settling
Hasta la victoria siempre

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rois on June 24, 2022, 09:50:50 AM
Jaysus, what have I stumbled into?
I think you'll find some of us share the same frustrations. I think I'm a fair driver but will purposefully try to block someone skipping the queue (Grosvenor Road, Belfast in the morning comes to mind). Playing chicken with me doesn't work  ;D

Th airport security queue is one that always gets me. There have been restrictions on liquids since 2001, how do people not know this?

Are you the taxi driver that deliberately blocked me on the sliproad onto the Westlink one time because I had the gall to use the second lane, even though there were two lanes available and there was nothing wrong, rude, or illegal about what I was doing? If there are two lanes, it's okay to use both.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2022, 05:27:06 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 24, 2022, 03:02:21 PM
The queue at the dollar stores here in the states are the worst. They only ever have 1, 2 max cashiers on. The queue goes the whole way down the store. Even more annoying cause I'm just in to get some cheap sweets so I don't have the buy the childer the expensive stuff at the cinema!

The odd time they'll open another lane...happy days til the bitch in front of you orders 10 helium balloons that need to be filled, meantime if you would've stayed where you were, you'd have already checked out!
Still worth queueing for as cinema sweets are daylight robbery. And as for their nachos!

The missus makes popcorn at home, pours it into a big ziplock bag and smuggles it in via her bag. We also buy any other refreshments at the likes of Costco and bring that in with us too. Saves a fortune. It costs next to nothing to make popcorn. I'd say that's where a lot of cinemas get their revenue, the price they charge for it is shocking.

tintin25

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 27, 2022, 06:15:45 AM
I think you'll find some of us share the same frustrations. I think I'm a fair driver but will purposefully try to block someone skipping the queue (Grosvenor Road, Belfast in the morning comes to mind). Playing chicken with me doesn't work  ;D

Th airport security queue is one that always gets me. There have been restrictions on liquids since 2001, how do people not know this?

Are you the taxi driver that deliberately blocked me on the sliproad onto the Westlink one time because I had the gall to use the second lane, even though there were two lanes available and there was nothing wrong, rude, or illegal about what I was doing? If there are two lanes, it's okay to use both.

People who use the Applegreen on the M1 to gain a few yards

Rois

Nope, not me, I'll be the one that doesn't let you into the right lane about five cars from the traffic lights turning right towards Sandy Row because I've sat there for 15 mins of my precious time, and you've just scooted up the lane for going straight on or turning left and expect me to let you in.
I actually agree that both lanes should be used when merging on - in New Zealand they have signs saying "merge like a zip" - wish we had those here.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rois on June 27, 2022, 02:24:10 PM

Nope, not me, I'll be the one that doesn't let you into the right lane about five cars from the traffic lights turning right towards Sandy Row because I've sat there for 15 mins of my precious time, and you've just scooted up the lane for going straight on or turning left and expect me to let you in.
I actually agree that both lanes should be used when merging on - in New Zealand they have signs saying "merge like a zip" - wish we had those here.

Saw those when merging onto the bridge from the north shore into Auckland city centre, great job and they all obey them too.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rois on June 27, 2022, 02:24:10 PM

Lol you tell him Rois!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

gawa316

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 27, 2022, 06:18:43 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2022, 05:27:06 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 24, 2022, 03:02:21 PM
The queue at the dollar stores here in the states are the worst. They only ever have 1, 2 max cashiers on. The queue goes the whole way down the store. Even more annoying cause I'm just in to get some cheap sweets so I don't have the buy the childer the expensive stuff at the cinema!

The odd time they'll open another lane...happy days til the bitch in front of you orders 10 helium balloons that need to be filled, meantime if you would've stayed where you were, you'd have already checked out!
Still worth queueing for as cinema sweets are daylight robbery. And as for their nachos!

The missus makes popcorn at home, pours it into a big ziplock bag and smuggles it in via her bag. We also buy any other refreshments at the likes of Costco and bring that in with us too. Saves a fortune. It costs next to nothing to make popcorn. I'd say that's where a lot of cinemas get their revenue, the price they charge for it is shocking.

Have done that myself...the daughter has some food intolerances so if we were ever to be asked I'll just say the kids can't have certain foods and we need to bring our own  8)

On another note, when the feck did it get so expensive to go bowling? Very little change from $100 for our family...that's feckin scandalous

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eamonnca1

They call late mergers "dive bombers" here. I just let them in and pass no remarks. I assume good faith that they've tried to merge as soon as they realized it was needed, but some judgmental pr1ck farther back decided to block them, so they've no choice but to move up a bit and try to merge later. The closer they get to the exit, the more judgemental people get and the harder it is to merge.

general_lee

How do I stop her indoors from moving things around the house and denying ever touching them? Things with designated spots too, back door key, the iron, phone charger etc. anyone else encounter this and how do I make it stop?

imtommygunn

I am not sure anyone knows the right answer to this - I certainly don't...

Square Ball

Quote from: general_lee on August 08, 2022, 10:17:08 AM
How do I stop her indoors from moving things around the house and denying ever touching them? Things with designated spots too, back door key, the iron, phone charger etc. anyone else encounter this and how do I make it stop?
Yes, I do, no cure for it, just embrace it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Milltown Row2

Get her checked for cognitive decline!! Or put a camera up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lucifer

Can you carry out an experiment on our behalf, and then let us know how it goes?

Start putting these items in absurd places, but places that she will come across naturally over the course of the day.  For example, put the iron in with the cereals.  Put the phone charger in with the salt and pepper.  The back door key on top of the kettle.  You get it at this stage.  Don't do it once, just keep putting them in these places repeatedly.  Eventually she might suggest keeping them somewhere a little more sensible and once she has come up with this great idea, you can join in and hopefully find your way back to the designated areas. 

Just to keep things fresh, every now and then accidentally return something to an absurd spot, and apologise profusely when pulled on it.