You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 24, 2022, 09:29:01 AM
Worse in a bar where a group of 6 wimmin order and pay for their drinks separately  :-[

and one of them will always order coffee

Rois

Jaysus, what have I stumbled into?
I think you'll find some of us share the same frustrations. I think I'm a fair driver but will purposefully try to block someone skipping the queue (Grosvenor Road, Belfast in the morning comes to mind). Playing chicken with me doesn't work  ;D

Th airport security queue is one that always gets me. There have been restrictions on liquids since 2001, how do people not know this?

JoG2

Quote from: Rois on June 24, 2022, 09:50:50 AM
Jaysus, what have I stumbled into?
I think you'll find some of us share the same frustrations. I think I'm a fair driver but will purposefully try to block someone skipping the queue (Grosvenor Road, Belfast in the morning comes to mind). Playing chicken with me doesn't work  ;D

Th airport security queue is one that always gets me. There have been restrictions on liquids since 2001, how do people not know this?

A Shed meeting  ;D

general_lee

Worse in a bar where a group of 6 wimmin order and pay for their drinks separately  :-[
For balance, when fellas order a big round including a Guinness or whatever then f**k straight off to the toilet before paying. Inevitably barman finishes the round and you're stood looking at him with two arms at one length waiting for lord muck to reappear.

clarshack

Quote from: JoG2 on June 23, 2022, 09:25:39 PM
Let a woman in in front of me in the shop there (only 1 till) . I was standing holding a single item. She takes out her lotto book, jammed packed with scratch cards etc, took 20+ mins.

The scratchcard and lotto brigade are unreal!

Ethan Tremblay

When you are at you local shop that sells the necessities (not supermarket) for something simple, and the person in front land to the till with the weeks shopping, and your left waiting for 15mins. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Armagh18

Quote from: general_lee on June 24, 2022, 10:06:04 AM
For balance, when fellas order a big round including a Guinness or whatever then f**k straight off to the toilet before paying. Inevitably barman finishes the round and you're stood looking at him with two arms at one length waiting for lord muck to reappear.
Or when the f**ker orders a big round- then at the very end asks for Guinness!

marty34

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on June 24, 2022, 10:39:58 AM
When you are at you local shop that sells the necessities (not supermarket) for something simple, and the person in front land to the till with the weeks shopping, and your left waiting for 15mins.

First world problems.

Tony Baloney

Any out that does cocktails is a f**king pain in the arse when all you want are pints. There should be a cocktail station separate from the main bar. Tell your man with the big glasses I'm making extra jobs in hospitality.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2022, 01:47:25 PM
Any out that does cocktails is a f**king pain in the arse when all you want are pints. There should be a cocktail station separate from the main bar. Tell your man with the big glasses I'm making extra jobs in hospitality.

There are certain bars to avoid in that case, Rita's being one, though I'm very fond of cocktails to be honest, whiskey sours, and when I'm looking completely pissed a Long Island ice tea :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

The queue at the dollar stores here in the states are the worst. They only ever have 1, 2 max cashiers on. The queue goes the whole way down the store. Even more annoying cause I'm just in to get some cheap sweets so I don't have the buy the childer the expensive stuff at the cinema!

The odd time they'll open another lane...happy days til the bitch in front of you orders 10 helium balloons that need to be filled, meantime if you would've stayed where you were, you'd have already checked out!

marty34

Lol.  :)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2022, 01:58:11 PM

There are certain bars to avoid in that case, Rita's being one, though I'm very fond of cocktails to be honest, whiskey sours, and when I'm looking completely pissed a Long Island ice tea :o
Most are getting that way. I'd be fond of them myself but only in bars that are setup to do them properly. As they are a money-spinner (a tenner for a couple of measures and a bit of juice!) even a lot of tradional pubs are in on the act.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on June 24, 2022, 03:02:21 PM
The queue at the dollar stores here in the states are the worst. They only ever have 1, 2 max cashiers on. The queue goes the whole way down the store. Even more annoying cause I'm just in to get some cheap sweets so I don't have the buy the childer the expensive stuff at the cinema!

The odd time they'll open another lane...happy days til the bitch in front of you orders 10 helium balloons that need to be filled, meantime if you would've stayed where you were, you'd have already checked out!
Still worth queueing for as cinema sweets are daylight robbery. And as for their nachos!

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2022, 05:24:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2022, 01:58:11 PM

Most are getting that way. I'd be fond of them myself but only in bars that are setup to do them properly. As they are a money-spinner (a tenner for a couple of measures and a bit of juice!) even a lot of tradional pubs are in on the act.

I tend to drink them like pints though which really pisses me off when considering the price. Own fault like, but unavoidable.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.