You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: balladmaker on April 27, 2022, 11:29:32 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 27, 2022, 11:00:24 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on March 21, 2022, 01:36:39 PM
Speaking of Social Media, Mammy Banter and Rory's Stories are about as funny as the plague
Rory's stories were top class 8 or 9 years ago when he started in all fairness. And fair play to him hes done well for himself and seems a real decent fella.

I don't get Rory's Stories, seems like he's leading up to a joke but the punchline never arrives.  But yes, seems a decent fella and has created a profile for himself.
Like I say, content was good a few years back when he started out, haven't watched anything from him in a while to be honest.

rosnarun

Quote from: balladmaker on April 27, 2022, 11:29:32 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 27, 2022, 11:00:24 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on March 21, 2022, 01:36:39 PM
Speaking of Social Media, Mammy Banter and Rory's Stories are about as funny as the plague
Rory's stories were top class 8 or 9 years ago when he started in all fairness. And fair play to him hes done well for himself and seems a real decent fella.

I don't get Rory's Stories, seems like he's leading up to a joke but the punchline never arrives.  But yes, seems a decent fella and has created a profile for himself.

hrd yet another one of these charlatans riding the 'Mental health ' bandwagon. In a world where nothing is wrong and all negiative commentary is abusive and Bullying.
Pain in the Hole
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Eamonnca1

All this gender business. I was in the Levi's outlet last night getting jeans, and in the men's section all the pictures on the wall were of, I think female models. Or were they female? It was a bit hard to tell, TBH, they were fairly androgynous. What's up with that? I remember when you went into a store and the men's section had pictures of men wearing their gear and the women's section had pictures of women wearing theirs.

Milltown Row2

Was at Tesco earlier and did my sorta Friday Saturday shop (beer wine steaks, other crap) usual for me is to pick out the clubcard discounts..

Recently my clubcard has been coming apart at the seams, so took picture and have been using it without any hassle at counters and self counters, goes today with my shop and girl says nah! we aren't allowed as it could be a picture of any card!

Like I could use anyone's physical clubcard or find one in the store and use it but not my actual club card!! I just left my stuff at the till! Went to petrol station out side and used my photo of card at the pump and it accepted it!

Grrrrrr
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2022, 01:01:13 PM
Was at Tesco earlier and did my sorta Friday Saturday shop (beer wine steaks, other crap) usual for me is to pick out the clubcard discounts..

Recently my clubcard has been coming apart at the seams, so took picture and have been using it without any hassle at counters and self counters, goes today with my shop and girl says nah! we aren't allowed as it could be a picture of any card!

Like I could use anyone's physical clubcard or find one in the store and use it but not my actual club card!! I just left my stuff at the till! Went to petrol station out side and used my photo of card at the pump and it accepted it!

Grrrrrr

I'm sure you dont want help here  :P but there is an app you can log into and have the qr code on that. Youve met a jobsworth.

Or even use your pic to lift a self serve scanner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on May 20, 2022, 01:47:39 PM

Grrrrrr

I'm sure you dont want help here  :P but there is an app you can log into and have the qr code on that. Youve met a jobsworth.

I thought there would have been an app, I'm just confused as to what the difference is!!

Well I'm sure some jobsworth will have had to take all that stuff back to the places they came from!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2022, 01:50:04 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 20, 2022, 01:47:39 PM

Grrrrrr

I thought there would have been an app, I'm just confused as to what the difference is!!

Well I'm sure some jobsworth will have had to take all that stuff back to the places they came from!

Order another one and download the app as well

rosnarun

i was working in a tesco came in and this guy came in with a few trays of cheapo beer and tescos own whiskey .
he couldn't afford all he bought in stead he ad a what looked like a poorly photo copied club card belonging to good knows who and kick up a right row when know of the machine or the manger would't accept it.  ;D ;D ;D
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rosnarun on May 20, 2022, 02:28:31 PM
i was working in a tesco came in and this guy came in with a few trays of cheapo beer and tescos own whiskey .
he couldn't afford all he bought in stead he ad a what looked like a poorly photo copied club card belonging to good knows who and kick up a right row when know of the machine or the manger would't accept it.  ;D ;D ;D

My photo was good and it was the same thumb  ;D

Mourne Red

Rachel Riley.. Hates anyone who isn't Jewish, getting bigoted at this point

Mourne Red

Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2022, 10:25:27 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on May 22, 2022, 09:57:05 AM
Rachel Riley.. Hates anyone who isn't Jewish, getting bigoted at this point
Still would though.

She'd probably circumcise you before you put it in

Armagh18

Quote from: laoislad on May 24, 2022, 12:03:35 PM
Those 4D number plates on cars. Almost as bad as those German style ones.
You're driving a Nissan Micra,putting 4D number plates on it doesn't make it look cool ffs. Same for any car.
ah in fairness they look good on the right car i think.

Kidder81

:-\ The Ulster Scots ad on the radio

Eamonnca1

Quote from: laoislad on May 24, 2022, 12:03:35 PM
Those 4D number plates on cars. Almost as bad as those German style ones.
You're driving a Nissan Micra,putting 4D number plates on it doesn't make it look cool ffs. Same for any car.

Had to look this up. Are people doing this for retro styling purposes? I remember when all number plates looked like that

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad