"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on April 18, 2018, 03:55:21 PM
The case will change/ has changed

How rape trials are conducted in the South
How the IRFU  train younger players
The earning capacity of the 2 legends

A very significant legal case therefore

More than anything it should make men question their own behaviours. Not much of that happening in this thread, though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2018, 06:46:12 PM

More than anything it should make men question their own behaviours. Not much of that happening in this thread, though.

Jesus! you're one boring Cnut!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orchard park

This is  an instance where Syferus is arguably very correct

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2018, 06:50:29 PM

Why are you defensive?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2018, 06:52:51 PM

Why are you defensive?

Men and women should question their own behaviour ffs! Pure fantasy that men run around like cavemen, plenty of stupid women out there also, behaving in a manner that wouldn't be the norm!

As for me being defensive, I'm not but I'm bored of the movements out that think they are making a difference, they aren't.... if someone is a rapist then they need to go to jail via the court system, it's the only one available and yeah it could be better..

I don't know of anyone who thought they definitely raped that girl, and if the jury had have found them guilty, then job done, no one I spoke to about this case would have given it a second thought, nor started up a #ibelievethem campaign either.

So put it to bed and start a thread about the ex Armagh player who wanted to rape a taxi driver and rob him on the way home from a night out in Dundalk!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

I thought Neil Francis's article at the weekend was head in the sand stuff as regards it "changing behaviour". He argues that no young rugby player will need to be told how not to behave after this trial.

He clearly missed the photo taken inside a Ravenhill dressing room less than a week after the verdict.

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2018, 09:27:12 PM

Why are you defensive?

Men and women should question their own behaviour ffs! Pure fantasy that men run around like cavemen, plenty of stupid women out there also, behaving in a manner that wouldn't be the norm!

As for me being defensive, I'm not but I'm bored of the movements out that think they are making a difference, they aren't.... if someone is a rapist then they need to go to jail via the court system, it's the only one available and yeah it could be better..

I don't know of anyone who thought they definitely raped that girl, and if the jury had have found them guilty, then job done, no one I spoke to about this case would have given it a second thought, nor started up a #ibelievethem campaign either.

So put it to bed and start a thread about the ex Armagh player who wanted to rape a taxi driver and rob him on the way home from a night out in Dundalk!

I would like you to explain how the woman did anything wrong, because you're way out on an island of your own to be suggesting she or any other woman should be looking at their behaviour after an incident like this.

You've said some absolutely shocking things in this thread.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2018, 09:56:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2018, 09:27:12 PM

Why are you defensive?

I would like you to explain how the woman did anything wrong, because you're way out on an island of your own to be suggesting she or any other woman should be looking at their behaviour after an incident like this.

You've said some absolutely shocking things in this thread.

Read the post thicko! I didnt say this girl, I said women

You're that far up your own arse that you don't see it!!

sid waddell

The mind can only boggle at someone whose reaction to this trial is to deny that there is a problem with men's behaviour yet simultaneously claim there is a problem with women's behaviour.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on April 18, 2018, 11:20:26 PM
The mind can only boggle at someone whose reaction to this trial is to deny that there is a problem with men's behaviour yet simultaneously claim there is a problem with women's behaviour.

Give it up Syf/Sid, pick one username and go with it.

Again you have jumped on this rape culture thing, that actually doesn't exist, in your strange mind it does, but it doesn't. Now let it go.

I'm sure there is a nice girl out there for you, but you'll have bored them to death after your first conversation!

Farrandeelin

Syf and sid aren't one and same.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on April 20, 2018, 07:19:15 AM
Regime change in Syria–good for Israel; good for the U.S.

Hillary Clinton Email Archive

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328
—————————————————————————–

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05794498 Date: 11/30/2015 RELEASE IN FULL

The best way to help Israel deal with Iran's growing nuclear capability is to help the people of Syria overthrow the regime of Bashar Assad.

Negotiations to limit Iran's nuclear program will not solve Israel's security dilemma. Nor will they stop Iran from improving the crucial part of any nuclear weapons program — the capability to enrich uranium. At best, the talks between the world's major powers and Iran that began in Istanbul this April and will continue in Baghdad in May will enable Israel to postpone by a few months a decision whether to launch an attack on Iran that could provoke a major Mideast war. Iran's nuclear program and Syria's civil war may seem unconnected, but they are. For Israeli leaders, the real threat from a nuclear-armed Iran is not the prospect of an insane Iranian leader launching an unprovoked Iranian nuclear attack on Israel that would lead to the annihilation of both countries.

What Israeli military leaders really worry about — but cannot talk about — is losing their nuclear monopoly. An Iranian nuclear weapons capability would not only end that nuclear monopoly but could also prompt other adversaries, like Saudi Arabia and Egypt, to go nuclear as well. The result would be a precarious nuclear balance in which Israel could not respond to provocations with conventional military strikes on Syria and Lebanon, as it can today. If Iran were to reach the threshold of a nuclear weapons state, Tehran would find it much easier to call on its allies in Syria and Hezbollah to strike Israel, knowing that its nuclear weapons would serve as a deterrent to Israel responding against Iran itself.

Back to Syria. It is the strategic relationship between Iran and the regime of Bashar Assad in Syria that makes it possible for Iran to undermine Israel's security — not through a direct attack, which in the thirty years of hostility between Iran and Israel has never occurred, but through its proxies in Lebanon, like Hezbollah, that are sustained, armed and trained by Iran via Syria.

The end of the Assad regime would end this dangerous alliance. Israel's leadership understands well why defeating Assad is now in its interests. Speaking on CNN's Amanpour show last week, Defense Minister Ehud Barak argued that "the toppling down of Assad will be a major blow to the radical axis, major blow to Iran.... It's the only kind of outpost of the Iranian influence in the Arab world...and it will weaken dramatically both Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas and Islamic Jihad in Gaza."

Bringing down Assad would not only be a massive boon to Israel's security, it would also ease Israel's understandable fear of losing its nuclear monopoly. Then, Israel and the United States might be able to develop a common view of when the Iranian program is so dangerous that military action could be warranted.

Right now, it is the combination of Iran's strategic alliance with Syria and the steady progress in Iran's nuclear enrichment program that has led Israeli leaders to contemplate a surprise attack — if necessary over the objections of Washington. With Assad gone, and Iran no longer able to threaten Israel through its, proxies, it is possible that the United States and Israel can agree on red lines for when Iran's program has crossed an unacceptable threshold. In short, the White House can ease the tension that has developed with Israel over Iran by doing the right thing in Syria.

The rebellion in Syria has now lasted more than a year. The opposition is not going away, nor is the regime going to accept a diplomatic solution from the outside. With his life and his family at risk, only the threat or use of force will change the Syrian dictator Bashar Assad's mind.

::)

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/0422/956342-irfu-want-either-carbery-or-byrne-to-move-to-ulster/

Joe Schmidt and the IRFU are anxious that either one of Leinster's back-up out-halves - Joey Carbery and Ross Byrne -
move to Ulster to replace the exiled Paddy Jackson. 

According to a report in The Sunday Times this morning, IRFU performance director David Nucifora visited the Leinster training centre to tell Leo Cullen that he needed to make a choice between keeping Byrne or Carbery.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AQMP

With some speculation that Jackson and Olding will be going to Sale, they have settled (i.e lost) their case against the BBC over coverage of their arrest and will pay £20,000 of the BBC's legal fees.

Jackson has also lost his case against BBC Sport reporter Orla Bannon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43976857