Free state Government playing hardball with DUP/British Government???

Started by T Fearon, August 01, 2017, 12:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Now when its own interests are at stake,but never before in support of legitimate grievances held by Northern Nationalists?

Rossfan

Last Free State Government was in 1937.
Only place they are playing hardball is in the alleys  of Hades.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Varadkar is going to the Gay Pride gig in Belfast, he can chat with the DUP at the event and sort things out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on August 01, 2017, 12:15:38 PM
Now when its own interests are at stake,but never before in support of legitimate grievances held by Northern Nationalists?

Sure you want a wee independent castle in the sky fairyland statelet, so what odds does it make to you? Why should Dublin do anything to accommodate a Brexit pushed through by racist little Englanders? I've no truck with Blueshirts, but him and Coveney are just right

BennyCake

Quote from: red hander on August 01, 2017, 04:27:23 PM

Sure you want a wee independent castle in the sky fairyland statelet, so what odds does it make to you? Why should Dublin do anything to accommodate a Brexit pushed through by racist little Englanders? I've no truck with Blueshirts, but him and Coveney are just right

This place always was a fairyland statelet.

Orior

Perhaps, but it is still a welcome development. Like it or not, Leo still represents between 40% and 50% of the population in the occupied six.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

yellowcard

Quote from: Orior on August 01, 2017, 08:38:56 PM

Perhaps, but it is still a welcome development. Like it or not, Leo still represents between 40% and 50% of the population in the occupied six.

He doesn't even represent 40-50% of the population in the 26 counties never mind the 6 counties. That said I'm glad that he has at least shown a bit of leadership in standing firm on Brexit, let's hope his deeds match his words.

RedHand88

Never EVER had time for FG but hats off to Leo on this. Great to see Dublin finally taking a stance on this.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: armaghniac on August 01, 2017, 03:20:36 PM
Varadkar is going to the Gay Pride gig in Belfast, he can chat with the DUP at the event and sort things out.
He's trying so hard to be like his bestie Trudeau that it's getting embarrassing.

He can play hardball with the British and the DUP all he likes, but if he does the same with the EU then I might take some interest, but I'll not be holding my breath on that happening.

T Fearon

My point here is that no Freestate government ever played hardball with a British Government or Unionists in pursuit of the grievances of Northern Nationalists, or indeed over the Dublin/Monaghan bombings,but are doing so now because of the economic threat to the 26 counties posed by Brexit

Avondhu star

Your point is that you are talking through your hole as usual
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

omochain

Quote from: Avondhu star on August 02, 2017, 06:54:34 PM

So when did the Irish Gov play hardball with the Brits on behalf of the interests of Northern Nationalists.

T Fearon

Now even Bruton is at it??? What's going on here? The DUP bows to no-one least of all Free State Politicians.

Franko

Quote from: omochain on August 02, 2017, 07:14:59 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on August 02, 2017, 06:54:34 PM

So when did the Irish Gov play hardball with the Brits on behalf of the interests of Northern Nationalists.

You won't get an answer.

T Fearon

Hope they keep Varadker away from the Titanic Centre.Dont want him distracted by the stairway or by thoughts of Kate and Leo