225 civilians killed by US in one month

Started by Esmarelda, May 23, 2017, 04:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

And everyone knows what's happening in the Middle East, it's a shite state of affairs but you should be more concerned (well i am) on our own problems which you may have an input or ability to fix

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Esmarelda

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2017, 09:56:52 PM
And everyone knows what's happening in the Middle East, it's a shite state of affairs but you should be more concerned (well i am) on our own problems which you may have an input or ability to fix
Everyone knows? Have you read what I've just posted? People know what our media tell them which is very little and one-sided.

I have a much better idea of what's going on in Ireland. I vote in a democracy and I can, to some extent, hold those elected to account, including the disgraceful use of Shannon Airport by the U.S. as they refill en route to one of their illegal invasions.

You're entitled to be concerned with whatever you want but I completely disagree with your outlook.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 11, 2017, 09:08:34 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2017, 09:56:52 PM
Everyone knows? Have you read what I've just posted? People know what our media tell them which is very little and one-sided.

I have a much better idea of what's going on in Ireland. I vote in a democracy and I can, to some extent, hold those elected to account, including the disgraceful use of Shannon Airport by the U.S. as they refill en route to one of their illegal invasions.

You're entitled to be concerned with whatever you want but I completely disagree with your outlook.

Facebook, twitter and any other media outlet will have people putting up posts about all sorts of atrocities around the world and comparing them to the 6 people that died when a van or bus mowed them down, that seems to be standard.. and if you are interested enough you can find it on the internet..

If people are not bother on what happens outside of their bubble thats fine too..

out of interest, what have you done to stop the U.S refuelling at Shannon?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Esmarelda

Again, it's not about the information being available if you really want it. It's why is not in the mainstream news regardless of who the perpetrators are.

I've done nothing directly about the refuelling at Shannon. Ive considered it along with all the other issues when voting.

Milltown Row2

Id say most people dont watch the news... I've not watched the news properly since my kids were born, like most people they will get it from twitter/FB/internet 

But if you're a boring old fart you'll watch the news and give off about how they are not showing the 'real' news and how bad the Americans and the rest of the West and Russians... Wasted energy in my view as you are unable to do anything but vote, in Ireland, that, believe it or not is controlled by the EU who seemed to be backing the Americans...

The real fight would be to go to these places, fight the real fight. video it all and then pepper the media outlets with your blogg, be a lot more constructive than blabbering on here, like he rest of us

Esmarelda

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2017, 12:46:23 PM
Id say most people dont watch the news... I've not watched the news properly since my kids were born, like most people they will get it from twitter/FB/internet 

But if you're a boring old fart you'll watch the news and give off about how they are not showing the 'real' news and how bad the Americans and the rest of the West and Russians... Wasted energy in my view as you are unable to do anything but vote, in Ireland, that, believe it or not is controlled by the EU who seemed to be backing the Americans...

The real fight would be to go to these places, fight the real fight. video it all and then pepper the media outlets with your blogg, be a lot more constructive than blabbering on here, like he rest of us
Well other than copying and pasting the same post again and again I don't seem able to make you see the point.

Milltown Row2

Your point is the western media paying lip service to the atroicities in the Middle east if it involves the Americans bombing there? I get it, said that already, but there are many other outlets that you can get this information should you wish...

I'd say most people are appalled by it, then move on..

Esmarelda

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2017, 10:29:55 AM
Your point is the western media paying lip service to the atroicities in the Middle east if it involves the Americans bombing there? I get it, said that already, but there are many other outlets that you can get this information should you wish...

I get all the information I want. I'm not complaining that I can't get it. The question is why is it not reported on by the mainstream.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 14, 2017, 10:47:33 AM

I get all the information I want. I'm not complaining that I can't get it. The question is why is it not reported on by the mainstream.

I think if more people were interested then they would show it! I dont think people are bothered unless its on their doorstep

Esmarelda

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2017, 10:49:31 AM

I think if more people were interested then they would show it! I dont think people are bothered unless its on their doorstep
That suggests that, for example, Irish people are concerned with the Syrian government retaking Aleppo moreso than the Iraqi government retaking Mosul. I doubt very much that's the case.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 15, 2017, 11:16:15 AM

That suggests that, for example, Irish people are concerned with the Syrian government retaking Aleppo moreso than the Iraqi government retaking Mosul. I doubt very much that's the case.

Judging by most posts on here (crap indication i know) Irish people are more concerned with Brexit, American politics, Man utd Liverpool Celtic and McGregor!!!! add in the Dublin threads and there ya have it... this thread has 4 pages...

I think Irish people want to fight for injustices in other countries (well, in their heads)  or at the very least try and relate to them (Israel Palestine) but i think as you get older, get married, house, kids and stay in a job you lose intrest in it very quickly, unless its on your doorstep..

I firmly believe that the media outlets have an agenda based on who owns them, but will give the headlines that will generate the most attention, not what you think should be at the forefront of the news, there are hard hitting docs on this every so often but its not always a news story to the BBC/ITV/RTE/CBN/NBC/FOX

Esmarelda

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2017, 11:37:41 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on August 15, 2017, 11:16:15 AM

Judging by most posts on here (crap indication i know) Irish people are more concerned with Brexit, American politics, Man utd Liverpool Celtic and McGregor!!!! add in the Dublin threads and there ya have it... this thread has 4 pages...

I think Irish people want to fight for injustices in other countries (well, in their heads)  or at the very least try and relate to them (Israel Palestine) but i think as you get older, get married, house, kids and stay in a job you lose intrest in it very quickly, unless its on your doorstep..

I firmly believe that the media outlets have an agenda based on who owns them, but will give the headlines that will generate the most attention, not what you think should be at the forefront of the news, there are hard hitting docs on this every so often but its not always a news story to the BBC/ITV/RTE/CBN/NBC/FOX
I'd say you're on the right track. The question remains though, why would an Irish audience want to see Syria/Russia in a negative light rather than the U.S./N.A.TO. or, more to the point, why do our media feed it to them. What is RTE or TV3's agenda, for example?

Esmarelda

Just an update - 170 civilians killed in Raqqa by US led forces in one week, including 19 children.

946 civilians killed in Raqqa since June. According to reports.

http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/08/us-coalition-kills-over-170-civilians.html