Official Leicester City Thread

Started by Orior, January 28, 2016, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Yeah he struggles in Europe, with the his 3rd Club and still no progress. At Celtic he had some awful results, hammered 7-1 by PSG, 7-0 to Barca.
Beaten by a team from Luxembourg in the first leg of a qualifier.

Armagh18

Bar the FA Cup last year Leicester always seem to shite the the bed when the pressure is on.

Main Street

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 09, 2021, 08:21:41 PM
Yeah he struggles in Europe, with the his 3rd Club and still no progress. At Celtic he had some awful results, hammered 7-1 by PSG, 7-0 to Barca.
Beaten by a team from Luxembourg in the first leg of a qualifier.
Was that not Rangers?
However Rodgers' Euro shame was even lower than that, losing to the invincible Red Imps from Gibraltar.

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 09, 2021, 09:38:22 PM
Bar the FA Cup last year Leicester always seem to shite the the bed when the pressure is on.

Indeed, the mighty Leicester City who've banked a Premier League and an FA Cup in the last 5 year's always do.

quit yo jibbajabba

Crowda chokers. Imagine the titles they shoulda/coulda won if they werent....

Jell 0 Biafra

Yeah, that 12 match unbeaten run from mid-February in 2016 to win the league, feckin chokers.

shark

Hard to think of a club that has overachieved more.

rodney trotter

They do really in the transfermarket.  Harry Maguire,Mahrez, Kante were signed for nominal fees and sold for huge money.
Fofana is a big loss for them at present,  Ndidi is another who will be worth a decent fee.

Armagh18

Caught a few fish with my last remark. They have blown a couple of top 4 races the past couple of years but they had no right even being in them given the money behind their competitors.

Great club and I definitely rate Rodgers as a manager.

quit yo jibbajabba

Aaaaa that old chestnut. Ive missed that. Its been a week at least

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 10, 2021, 11:46:31 AM
Caught a few fish with my last remark. They have blown a couple of top 4 races the past couple of years but they had no right even being in them given the money behind their competitors.

The choking as you called it was done under Rodgers. Looking their starting team and sub options they should be at least 6th in the Premier league not 11th as they currently are and should be one of the main challengers to win the Europa league yet find themselves out at the group stage. Brendan can have no complaints if he gets the sack.

shark

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 10, 2021, 04:19:44 PM

The choking as you called it was done under Rodgers. Looking their starting team and sub options they should be at least 6th in the Premier league not 11th as they currently are and should be one of the main challengers to win the Europa league yet find themselves out at the group stage. Brendan can have no complaints if he gets the sack.

Your "should" is purely subjective.
They have the 9th highest wage bill in the league and came 5th in each of the last two seasons. And won the FA Cup. They have massively overachieved.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: shark on December 10, 2021, 05:59:41 PM

They have the 9th highest wage bill in the league and came 5th in each of the last two seasons. And won the FA Cup. They have massively overachieved.
Other than the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea what clubs in the Premier league has a stronger starting team and squad than Leicester?

High or higher wages for players can be a hinderence. How Leicester are doing this season is massively underachieving.

shark

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 10, 2021, 06:18:05 PM
Quote from: shark on December 10, 2021, 05:59:41 PM

Other than the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea what clubs in the Premier league has a stronger starting team and squad than Leicester?

High or higher wages for players can be a hinderence. How Leicester are doing this season is massively underachieving.

Higher wages is the most accurate predictor is success there is. High correlation. Just Google the studies.
And tell me what their strongest 11 is. And then show me a game where they managed to actually put them out on the field together. Their injury luck has been as bad as it gets.
And trust me, as a Villa fan, I have no love for them whatsoever. So zero bias on my side here.

Orior

Leicester's derby matches are against.... Derby.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians