How do memory sticks work?

Started by Orior, April 27, 2007, 01:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

How come they remember what I saved on them?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

full back

screenmachine

Quote from: Orior on April 27, 2007, 01:29:25 PM
this is their purpose in life?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

sureyouwill

Also how does a Flask know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold?

screenmachine

look up vacuum, heat cannot be passed through a vacuum which surrounds the inside of a flask. therefore no heat can escape from the flask or inserted to the flask from the outside due to a lack of air to carry the heat.  if u look up vacuum and get anything about dyson just ignore... ;)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

gallsman

Quote from: screenmachine on April 27, 2007, 01:44:34 PM
look up vacuum, heat cannot be passed through a vacuum which surrounds the inside of a flask. therefore no heat can escape from the flask or inserted to the flask from the outside due to a lack of air to carry the heat.  if u look up vacuum and get anything about dyson just ignore... ;)

Incorrect boyo. There are three types of heat transfer- conduction, convection and radiation. A vaccuum only eliminates heat transfer via the first two methods!

screenmachine

near enough, its the idea of a flask anyway as their is a vacuum around the outside of it. you can sort out the radiation by putting a radioactive protection suit around the flask... ;)

sureyouwill

By the way Orior do you know what is meant by Garden Leave; it's coming my way.  ;D

Shamrock Shore

Why used the refill for a flask be more expensive then a new flask? Used to love tay that had brewed for a few hours in a flask. Almost made footin turf bearable.

Mayo4Sam

By footin turf dont you mean reckling turf?  :P
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

screenmachine

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 27, 2007, 02:14:48 PM
Why used the refill for a flask be more expensive then a new flask?
what?? sorry i dont speak spanish

Mayo4Sam

It really is a slow day here!
How do they get the fig into the fig rolls?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Donagh

Quote from: Orior on April 27, 2007, 01:29:25 PM

It's all a matter of 1s and 0s. The stick is made up of cells or gates. The gate is either opened or not (1 or 0). When you plug her into the computer an electrical charge is sent over all of the gates which allows the computer to see which gates are opened and which are not. An open gate translates to a tiny piece of data. Depending on the amount and pattern of open gates the computer is able to compile these into larger pieces of data.

The computer can also send an electrical charge down to close a gate or gates thereby altering the data on the memory stick. When you take the stick out of the computer, no charge can go into the stick, therefore the data cannot be altered and so it remembers what you saved on it.

his holiness nb

Mayo4Sam, you know as well as I do that that is a secret not even the greatest scientists can break.
Ask me holy bollix

Kerry Mike

Quotereckling turf

We do be footing it in the Kingdom as well.

And who opens the fecking gates in the memory sticks
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football