James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: BennyCake on July 19, 2015, 01:38:51 PM
Out of interest... would you stand for GSTQ if it was played in the North?

No?

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 19, 2015, 01:39:24 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 19, 2015, 01:31:31 PM
He stood quietly the way he was facing before the anthems began. The rest turned towards the flag.

What would you have him do?

Stand as the rest did, normal,  None of the players sang it or put hand heart ... Most ain't English either. Make a proper statement by refusing to play for the English teams.... That would really put them in their place.... No wait...

The variable there is that (I assume) most of the others come from countries where the Brits didn't shoot civilians for fun.

trileacman

Quote from: gallsman on July 19, 2015, 01:56:39 PM
He stood quietly the way he was facing before the anthems began. The rest turned towards the flag.

Stand as the rest did, normal,  None of the players sang it or put hand heart ... Most ain't English either. Make a proper statement by refusing to play for the English teams.... That would really put them in their place.... No wait...

The variable there is that (I assume) most of the others come from countries where the Brits didn't shoot civilians for fun.

The list of countries where England have never in the past shot civilians for fun would be very short.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

From the Bunker

armaghniac

He shouldn't choose to work in England if he cannot tolerate their customs.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RealSpiritof98

They turned and faced the union Jack, to do that you might as well sing the song. He bowed his head and stood silently. Unlike many in this country he remembers the disgusting way we (catholics/Nationalist) were treated by the British Establishment/Army. I respect the man for this. As a community all things Nazi is taboo to be mentioned even though the war was 70 years ago. Yet we are advised to move on. Im in no way a dissident supporter BTW

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on July 19, 2015, 02:00:18 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 19, 2015, 01:56:39 PM

The list of countries where England have never in the past shot civilians for fun would be very short.

I'd say the list of countries that haven't shot people for fun is even smaller... Those African and Asian and don't forget the Americas ffs!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

give her dixie

So if someone is living and working in the UK they should respect the GSTQ anthem and stand respectfully anytime it's played?

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

thewobbler

Quote from: give her dixie on July 19, 2015, 03:17:32 PM
So if someone is living and working in the UK they should respect the GSTQ anthem and stand respectfully anytime it's played?

Proof again that every debate on the Internet is only 2 replies away from full on histrionics.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: give her dixie on July 19, 2015, 03:17:32 PM

No, but you don't find it a little silly? Ireland played both the north and England played the Republic lately and both sides stood during the anthems I assume and I don't think the Irish team turned away... Someone could tell me different I didn't see that part of the match
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lynchbhoy

I'm laughing at the fcukwits that are making an issue out of this!

I'm sure the non chav English wouldn't actually care he wasn't facing their flag or singing their anthem!

thewobbler

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 19, 2015, 03:40:40 PM

I'm sure the non chav English wouldn't actually care he wasn't facing their flag or singing their anthem!

Let's get this clear - you are calling me a fcukwit for asking that someone has a bit of manners?

And then in your next statement you feel empowered enough to make a sweeping judgment about how all English people feel.

Ahem.

general_lee

Fair play to him. He unashamedly sticks to his beliefs nor does he forget where he's from. Doesn't give a fcuk either.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 19, 2015, 03:40:40 PM

Its a non story I've already agreed on that I think he's a bit silly and drawing attention to himself for no reason... I say move on and show that you're  actually an adult.. Best to take the high road sometimes and not come across like a fleg protester 😉

thewobbler

Quote from: general_lee on July 19, 2015, 03:50:33 PM
Fair play to him. He unashamedly sticks to his beliefs nor does he forget where he's from. Doesn't give a fcuk either.

You could describe Margaret Thatcher in almost identical words.