50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Jinxy

Quote from: moysider on October 15, 2014, 11:29:10 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 15, 2014, 11:17:15 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 13, 2014, 09:03:41 PM

Meanwhile the Mayo squad was back at McHale Park for a get together on Saturday. Couple of new faces.

Cryptic as usual moy!! Are you going to let on who the new faces were??

Nah!!

Plastic surgery?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on December 03, 2014, 11:54:21 AM
Quote from: moysider on October 15, 2014, 11:29:10 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 15, 2014, 11:17:15 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 13, 2014, 09:03:41 PM

Meanwhile the Mayo squad was back at McHale Park for a get together on Saturday. Couple of new faces.

Cryptic as usual moy!! Are you going to let on who the new faces were??

Nah!!

Plastic surgery?

Strangely gone out of fashion, since the demise of certain counties.  :D
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

JAmes Horan in as Westport manager
that means the last 2 mayo manager are now at Westport .
something going on there we don't know about?
id blkame Michael ring but his only interest is soccer and would see the gaa as an enemy
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

From the Bunker

Horan is taking over a good group of lads. Westport have a serious group of lads coming through at present. The bulk of their All Ireland Intermediate club side were under 25 and younger! They won the under 21 County championship with Pat Holmes this year and they have been winning county Minor/under16 titles and so on the last couple of years.

Horan (as you'd expect) is not joining a sinking ship. He has looked at this and sees an opportunity!

Syferus

Some serious money in play for Westport to be snagging those managers.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on December 15, 2017, 01:56:21 PM
Some serious money in play for Westport to be snagging those managers.

Holmes lives in Westport. His (very) Young lads play for Wesport GAA and Westport Utd FC. I'd be surprised if he got anything out of the extraordinary for the under 21 gig!

Horan on the other hand.........

mrhardyannual

Great to see James back involved. The emergence of Westport is a huge bonus for Mayo as it has traditionally been a soccer and rugby bastion. The more interesting news this week is the proposed transfer of Donie Vaughan to Castlebar from Ballinrobe. Will seriously strengthen their hand if true.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 15, 2017, 01:50:45 PM
Horan is taking over a good group of lads. Westport have a serious group of lads coming through at present. The bulk of their All Ireland Intermediate club side were under 25 and younger! They won the under 21 County championship with Pat Holmes this year and they have been winning county Minor/under16 titles and so on the last couple of years.

Horan (as you'd expect) is not joining a sinking ship. He has looked at this and sees an opportunity!
He did the same with Ballintubber which them gave him the opportunity to get into county management. He is probably planning long term with this gig now maybe eyeing up Galway seniors as another opportunity!

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 15, 2017, 04:44:40 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 15, 2017, 01:50:45 PM

He did the same with Ballintubber which them gave him the opportunity to get into county management. He is probably planning long term with this gig now maybe eyeing up Galway seniors as another opportunity!

He'd have gotten the Galway job with or without Westport if he wanted it. He's doing it for the cash, let's not beat around any bushes here and pretend there's some grand plan.

joemamas

seriously, how much cash do you think a club manager in Mayo gets ?

lets say they get 100 a session. so 50 x 100 = 5,000. or even 150 a session x 50 =7,500
Hardly life changing.

Am I way off, I genuinely don't know.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: joemamas on December 15, 2017, 06:34:52 PM

lets say they get 100 a session. so 50 x 100 = 5,000. or even 150 a session x 50 =7,500
Hardly life changing.

I'm not lambasting him for it. For the sake of a few evenings a week you can make a bit of cash and hopefully give a good service to the club in question too. But don't mistake it as being part of any great plan to take over in any county.

Orchard park

Hardly life changing.

150 x 150 sessions more like.......

I would Think the team horan  puts in us a 75 to 100 k

Minder

Hardly life changing.

Doubt it's a per session fee, salary I would imagine.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on December 15, 2017, 07:03:30 PM

Hardly life changing.

I'm not lambasting him for it. For the sake of a few evenings a week you can make a bit of cash and hopefully give a good service to the club in question too. But don't mistake it as being part of any great plan to take over in any county.

How in the f**k would you know what James Horan's intentions or motivations are?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."