La Liga 2010/11 season

Started by ross4life, August 23, 2010, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Barça-Real FT stats - Shots 15-5, on target 6-2, Passes 684-331, Pass completion 89%-74%, Possession 67%-33%, Fouls 12-16."

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho: "One team played very good, one team very bad. Deserved win, deserved loss. Humiliated? No. It's easy to deal with this loss, we just weren't good enough."
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

orangeman

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 29, 2010, 10:42:27 PM
That Barcelona display was the best that I have ever seen from any team -
anyone who thinks Mr. Rooney is anywhere near the best player in the world, or deserves the money he is getting, please watch a re-run of this match.

+1

paco

The biggest defeat of his career in arguably the biggest match of his career surely has to go down as a humiliation.

ballinaman

Ramos is a right thug. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the next spanish international call up!

ross4life

Ramos has to be one of the most over-rated defenders? can't believe Spain or Madrid can't find someone better? Bale would have scored a hat-trick on him tonight.

"arguably the biggest match of his career " Paco common now  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Clown

Quote from: Trout on November 29, 2010, 08:57:56 PM
"Irishmen", and I use the term loosely drooling over pile of greasy foreigners. Pathetic lads. Take a look in the mirror FFS.

sure irishmen do it every weekend by travelling to British football grounds or watching it on a barstool

at least tonight it was the creme de la creme, the best football team there is on the globe

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Clown on November 29, 2010, 11:03:25 PM
Quote from: Trout on November 29, 2010, 08:57:56 PM
"Irishmen", and I use the term loosely drooling over pile of greasy foreigners. Pathetic lads. Take a look in the mirror FFS.

sure irishmen do it every weekend by travelling to British football grounds or watching it on a barstool

at least tonight it was the creme de la creme, the best football team there is on the globe
Yeah and I only eat spuds and watch Fair City. ::)

paco

I would definitely argue that it was one of the biggest games in his career. When you take into consideration the fact that Barcelona's most hated person was coming to the Nou Camp as manager of their most hated team, Mourinho's comments in the days and weeks before, the whole Messi v Ronaldo thing, the meda's build up to the match, and the fact that the 2 clasicos have decided the league for the past 2 seasons, I would say it really is that important. I see Guardiola is his usual modest self this morning, reckons "it's not true that we are much better than Real Madrid."

thejuice

Herself is a Barca lady and a devoted Catalan so I was dragged to the pub last night to watch it, without much protests from myself of course.

She was delighted with the outcome. I think they have never beaten "Franco's Blancos" by more than 5 ever, so no records broken last night. Madrid didn't look like they were ever going to trouble the Barcelona goal and they threw in the towel fairly quickly and acted into a bunch of petulant children towards the end.

Good pints of Guinness in the local too so a good night all round.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Applesisapples

Quote from: ballinaman on November 29, 2010, 10:51:15 PM
Ramos is a right thug. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the next spanish international call up!
Carvalho isn't far behind him, but if you watch Barca you get used to the sight of Leo getting kicked about the place, no tantrums, no diving he just gets on with it, are you watching Ronaldo!! One thing pisses me of though is Sky commentators continuing to promote the premiership as something for La Liga players and coaches to aspire to. Get Real (no pun intended) the best league in soccer is La Liga at the moment. Rooney like Beckham is an over hyped slightly better than average English Club player.

Rossie11

QuoteRooney is an over hyped slightly better than average English Club player.
Am no fan of the b*llix but thats a bit off the mark. Surely he is more than slightly better than the likes of Robbie Savage for example!!!

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossie11 on November 30, 2010, 01:06:05 PM
Am no fan of the b*llix but thats a bit off the mark. Surely he is more than slightly better than the likes of Robbie Savage for example!!!
Only if you think he is average!! :D

Applesisapples

Quote from: paco on November 30, 2010, 08:49:35 AM
I would definitely argue that it was one of the biggest games in his career. When you take into consideration the fact that Barcelona's most hated person was coming to the Nou Camp as manager of their most hated team, Mourinho's comments in the days and weeks before, the whole Messi v Ronaldo thing, the meda's build up to the match, and the fact that the 2 clasicos have decided the league for the past 2 seasons, I would say it really is that important. I see Guardiola is his usual modest self this morning, reckons "it's not true that we are much better than Real Madrid."
I don't think Barca give a fcuk about Mourinho, and Ronaldo is no Messi...never wil be....Oh and yes I would be a fan.

Puckoon

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 30, 2010, 02:37:57 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on November 30, 2010, 01:06:05 PM
Only if you think he is average!! :D

Plus he's Welsh.

ross4life

Quote from: paco on November 30, 2010, 08:49:35 AM

No doubt El Clásico is a huge game & that was some spanking maureen got last night! though to be honest Champions league semi finals & finals are bigger games than a 13th game into a season.

Barca players reminded Ronnie of the Score