NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

OK, I'll try for Sunday Evenings so. Keep the entries coming. I'll be contacting all of ye to leave/join the relevant A/B/C competition when we have everyone in.

Capt Pat

If we are putting things up for a vote. Here are 2

1 point for a running back gaining 10 yards instead of 20 which is too difficult.

The size of the divisions. Should there be 8 10 12 or 14 teams in each division?

declan85

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 04, 2011, 11:48:55 AM
If we are putting things up for a vote. Here are 2

1 point for a running back gaining 10 yards instead of 20 which is too difficult.

The size of the divisions. Should there be 8 10 12 or 14 teams in each division?

I think the 1 point for 20 yards rushing and receiving is good, it keeps better parity between Rbs, Wrs & Qbs. If you change it for the Rbs the you have to look at changing the 1 point for 50 yards passing also which would cause a lot of hassel.
Done a quick check and A Foster the top RB from last year would have almost double P Mannings score last year if it was 1 point for 10 yards and manning had 4700 yards + 33TDs a good year by all accounts...

Dont mind how many teams in each division. I suppose the number of entrants is going to determine it in the end...

magpie seanie

For what its worth I don't agree with 1 point for 10 yds rushing for RB's. 60 yds rushing would be the same as a TD and that can't be right.

Size of division doesn't bother me too much. I think 10 or 12 is ideal but I'm cool like the Fonz on that one.

AZOffaly

I think I agree with Declan on the scoring. It also is reflective of the fact that it's a passing league now (the NFL), so our league is in line with that. I suppose it's a judgment call as to where you draft your players.

As for structure, this is what I'm thinking, as per earlier emails.

3 seperate leagues, with promotion and relegation for next year. We currently have 24 i think, and are pushing for 30 which would give us 3 leagues of 10.

The Montana League (as I'll rename it) is the 'A' competition, and would be made up of the top 10 point scoring teams from last year.

The Payton League will be the 'B' competition and has teams ranked 11-20.

The new Rice League will be the 'C' competition and is for newbies and teams ranked 20+

Each League will have 2 divisions of 5 teams each (or whatever). The winners of each division will make the playoffs, as will 2 wildcards.

Weeks 15 and 16 will be each leagues semi final and final.

That will end the Fantasy Season then, and we'll have 3 champions (and 3 trophies). We might do a predictions thing for everyone for the playoffs, but I don't like the way that's been deciding our 'Champion' up to this year.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 04, 2011, 01:46:38 PM
I think I agree with Declan on the scoring. It also is reflective of the fact that it's a passing league now (the NFL), so our league is in line with that. I suppose it's a judgment call as to where you draft your players.

As for structure, this is what I'm thinking, as per earlier emails.

3 seperate leagues, with promotion and relegation for next year. We currently have 24 i think, and are pushing for 30 which would give us 3 leagues of 10.

The Montana League (as I'll rename it) is the 'A' competition, and would be made up of the top 10 point scoring teams from last year.

The Payton League will be the 'B' competition and has teams ranked 11-20.

The new Rice League will be the 'C' competition and is for newbies and teams ranked 20+

Each League will have 2 divisions of 5 teams each (or whatever). The winners of each division will make the playoffs, as will 2 wildcards.

Weeks 15 and 16 will be each leagues semi final and final.

That will end the Fantasy Season then, and we'll have 3 champions (and 3 trophies). We might do a predictions thing for everyone for the playoffs, but I don't like the way that's been deciding our 'Champion' up to this year.

Yeah that seems good Az like you i didn't like the predictions competetion to decide the winner.  Good to see such interest in it
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lone Shark

How many are we talking about going up and down each year? I'd be in favour of a lot of movement, give plenty of people a crack at the Superbowl over a few years.

Actually, how about the Div 3 winner going straight up to Div 1? That way the ultimate trophy is no more than two seasons away for any newbie?

Bottom team in Div 1 goes to 3, 2nd and 3rd from bottom to 2. Top 2 in 2 go up, bottom 2 go down, top 1 in 3 goes to 1 and 2nd and 3rd go to 2?

The Iceman

Always looking for the short cut Lone Shark ;)
D1 is earned with hard work and persistence!!!

Not crazy about 1 point for 10 yards either in fairness. I think the 1 point for 20 yards hurt people last year who's RB didn't get the goal line carries. 1 point for 10 gives RB's too many points.

Change your draft picks this year if you don't think your RB's carry the most points then draft a QB and WR early! :)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

I'd be thinking that 4 up, 4 down would be fair enough. 40% turnover is huge.

so if you make your playoffs, you get promoted. Finish in the bottom 4 on points, and you're gone.

I don't like the Div 3 to Div 1 and vice versa though. I think a straightforward 3-2-1 is better.

the Deel Rover

yeah don't like the jump from division 3 to division 1 either . I think to many points are giving to defensive plays have you a breakdown of the points Az ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 04, 2011, 02:55:35 PM
yeah don't like the jump from division 3 to division 1 either . I think to many points are giving to defensive plays have you a breakdown of the points Az ?

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/305938/settings

ceiphas50

Hey Az  did you give any taught to the dumping of the DLs in favour of one/two more DB(s)
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

AZOffaly

Quote from: ceiphas50 on August 04, 2011, 04:59:04 PM
Hey Az  did you give any taught to the dumping of the DLs in favour of one/two more DB(s)

I hadn't to be honest, but I kind of like that idea. Anyone else got strong feelings on that?

dec

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 04, 2011, 05:23:38 PM
Quote from: ceiphas50 on August 04, 2011, 04:59:04 PM

I hadn't to be honest, but I kind of like that idea. Anyone else got strong feelings on that?

No strong feelings but I don't mind having to pick some obscure players. Maybe move to 1 DL and 3 CB/S

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: The Iceman on August 04, 2011, 02:48:39 PM
Always looking for the short cut Lone Shark ;)
D1 is earned with hard work and persistence!!!

Not crazy about 1 point for 10 yards either in fairness. I think the 1 point for 20 yards hurt people last year who's RB didn't get the goal line carries. 1 point for 10 gives RB's too many points.

Change your draft picks this year if you don't think your RB's carry the most points then draft a QB and WR early! :)

I agree with Iceman. You reward a position for doing their job with performance. A very good RB on average rushes for 85 yards per game. That is a lot of yards for getting a beating running between the offensive tackles (position).

The point system should reward top performances and punish poor performances. The one league I play in for $$ you can end up with negative points for the week.

The point system seemed very fair from last year, maybe a little too generous at times. I will review the whole point system later tonite and suggest tweaks.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014