NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

turk

The Iceman

2 wins in 2 weeks and in good shape to win again this week (fingers crossed)
Big Ben is back and my trade for Wallace will hopefully make sense. Chris Johnson is putting numbers up again and if i can get my QB back on track I should be in good shape to make the playoffs
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

Have Tony Moeaki up for trade if anyone needs a TE in the Peyton Conference? He served his purpose for me during the bye week for Hernandez and although they are ranked close I am sticking with Hernandez.
TE Tony Moeaki continues to lead the team in receiving, as he has 16 catches for 173 yards and two touchdowns. Moeaki has become QB Matt Cassel's go-to receiver in just four games. No one else on the team has more than nine receptions.

Let me know? There are a few candidates out there weak on the TE side. Puppet Master you could do with strengthening your TE bench while Finley is out....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Capt Pat

Me and apple orchards are caught in a very low scoring struggle at the moment. 23-11 to him at half time.

magpie seanie

Looks like my first defeat is on the way. Too small of a lead despite LT's late heroics. Balls to it anyway.

dec

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 17, 2010, 07:35:23 PM
Me and apple orchards are caught in a very low scoring struggle at the moment. 23-11 to him at half time.
It is not close now (104.87-33.43) , but you still have six players left. However I am still hopeful of my first win of the season

Capt Pat

That is my first defeat as well unless the Titans win 60 nil tomorrow night. The bye week for T.O and De angelo and the injury to gates brought me down a lot this week.

Capt Pat

AZoffaly. What are the point scoring rules in this thing. I can't really work them out. I don't see them anywhere. I think they need changin if possible.

Rossie11

QuoteAZoffaly. What are the point scoring rules in this thing. I can't really work them out. I don't see them anywhere. I think they need changin if possible

No problem with them for first 5 weeks though...  :D

Capt Pat

I know but I do well out of the current system. I lost this week because of players just not performing and others having a bye week. My main point would be that it is too hard for QBs and running backs to generate points in this league in comparison to say wide receivers or even kickers.

It doesn't seem right to have your kicker generating more points than your quarterback every week.

AZOffaly

My kicker doesn't outscore my QB, unless the QB has a mare.

The scoring can be found on the league home.

Sorry about being quiet lads, the last few weeks have been busy. I was away last weekend and forgot to set my lineup (cardinal sin) so that's why I lost to the Kildare loopers.

mc_grens

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 18, 2010, 10:19:48 AM
I know but I do well out of the current system. I lost this week because of players just not performing and others having a bye week. My main point would be that it is too hard for QBs and running backs to generate points in this league in comparison to say wide receivers or even kickers.

It doesn't seem right to have your kicker generating more points than your quarterback every week.

We used to have it the other way round, but the problem is there are less good QB's to be had, so if someone drafted say, Brees or Manning it gave them a massive example. Some quiet young fella won the league a few years back purely on the strength of having Brady the year he and Moss exploded.

AZOffaly

Seanie, are you nervous? I think I'm 6+ points behind you, but I have the Jacksonville kicker and a Titans' lineman. A few sacks and Jags having to kick field goals all night would be ideal :D

Dinny Breen

QuoteI was away last weekend and forgot to set my lineup (cardinal sin) so that's why I lost to the Kildare loopers.

Made the same mistake myself this week, so that's no excuse you didn't just lose you were hammered...
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 18, 2010, 10:30:52 AM
My kicker doesn't outscore my QB, unless the QB has a mare.

The scoring can be found on the league home.

Sorry about being quiet lads, the last few weeks have been busy. I was away last weekend and forgot to set my lineup (cardinal sin) so that's why I lost to the Kildare loopers.

Pity it wasn't this week!

I'm not nervous - I'm completely resigned to my first defeat. The Washington DL man getting 6 points last night sealed it. The Jax kicker alone will probably get you over the line, he has some boot on him. You deserve it anyway looking at your bench but my last minute decision to bench Collie for Marques Colston (surely he has to score a TD some week soon?) will likely be the difference.

I've a few tricky weeks with byes coming up so will need to halt the slide.