NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Capt Pat

I will put Tom Brady on the trading block for a trade that helps me upgrade the running back position.

The Iceman

How long does it take for the league to approve a trade?
I have an agreed upon trade but still waiting on approval 3 days later from the league?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

It should be 2 days review Iceman. I just agreed on Sunday evening, so it's not quite 48 hours yet.

The Iceman

How can some teams have RB's in their WR slots?

Are some RB's considered WR's???
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Nope. Give me an example and I'll look into it.

Basically the positions are determined by Yahoo. When you look at a player's name it will say his team, and his position beside it. Some lads have more than one position, but they are ususally #3 or #4 on the depth chart, or else are defensive players. Quite a few secondary players might be listed as Safety and Corner Back.

The other thing to watch out for is that our weekly lineups contain a FLEX position, which allows you to play *either* a running back or a wide receiver in that position. They are still RB or WR, but you can choose to put them in that spot, which is WR/RB.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 08, 2010, 09:53:00 AM

Basically the positions are determined by Yahoo. When you look at a player's name it will say his team, and his position beside it. Some lads have more than one position, but they are ususally #3 or #4 on the depth chart, or else are defensive players. Quite a few secondary players might be listed as Safety and Corner Back.

The other thing to watch out for is that our weekly lineups contain a FLEX position, which allows you to play *either* a running back or a wide receiver in that position. They are still RB or WR, but you can choose to put them in that spot, which is WR/RB.

was that allways the case Az ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 08, 2010, 10:40:42 AM
Yep. We've always had a flex position.

the brain cells are going at a faster pace than i thought  :D Looking forward to the game tomorrow night , what time is throw in
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Throw in is at stupid o'clock for us in Ireland, but sure that's what Sky Plus is for :D

BallyhaiseMan

Il be using flexitime on Friday morning.
Vikings@Saints is a must see game.

The Iceman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 08, 2010, 09:53:00 AM

Check out Beanie Wells - maybe he is in the FLEX spot?
I'd like to understand this spot better - can you do screen shots perhaps and walk us through it? Is it open for any player?

AZOffaly

BallyhaiseMan

Flexi position is an extra spot for a Running back/Wide Receiver
Its gives you a third starter from either one of those positions, you decide which.
Its not that complicated lads.

AZOffaly

OK, here goes. Consider the screenshot below...

I have highlighted a couple of things. This is a our standard weekly starting team (excludes the bench basically).

You can see I have highlighted, for clarity, Darnell Docket, to show what Yahoo consider Darnell's team (ARI) and position(Defensive Tackle DT) to be. When I talk about someone being a Wide Receiver or a Running Back (or any other position) that's what I mean, i.e. Yahoo's designation of him, not what he might actually be in real life. They are almost always the same anyway.

For an example of someone who Yahoo have designated as being eligible for 2 positions, see Andre Carter above Dockett. He is down as a Linebacker and a Defensive End. That's immaterial for our game, because both DE, LB and also DT for that matter are counted in our positions as DL (Defensive Line).

I have also highlighted the position W/R. This is the flex position. In every other position on our roster, the player you want to pick must be eligible to play that position. Example, in our two RB positions, the players must be RBs according to Yahoo. Tight Ends must be TE, Quarterbacks must be QBs and so on.

The Flex position is slightly different in that it allows the manager to select *either* a RB or a WR to fill that position. In other words you can have 2 WRs, 2 RBs and 1 Flex which is either another RB, or another WR. No other positions are eligible for the Flex (W/R) position.

In my example, you can see that I have Tim Hightower (RB) playing in the flex, while the ConViCKS have Michael Crabtree, a WR.

It's almost like a formation in soccer. I'm picking 1 QB, 3 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, , he's picking 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE.

Hope that helps.

The Iceman