NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

How about the Divisions based on Geography. If ye can send me where ye are based we can formulate the divisions based on East/West with the dividing line down the midlands. North Americans are in the West, Australians and Europeans in the East

The Claw

You mentioned something in jest there AZ about having division 1 and 2 - how about next year or sometime having such a structure whereby the last two in division one fall down and the top 2 in division 2 get "promoted" to division 1? Any newcomers would have to start in division 2. I think it would be interesting, it would at least give us one overall champion

ceiphas50

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 20, 2010, 10:21:29 AM
How about the Divisions based on Geography. If ye can send me where ye are based we can formulate the divisions based on East/West with the dividing line down the midlands. North Americans are in the West, Australians and Europeans in the East
The NY Jets IV are from Mayo
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

declan85

The Smackdown Clowns have their home in Roscommon :)

magpie seanie

Coolera Bears - Sligo.

Did a couple of mock drafts and am none the wiser. I think "cannon fodder" is the term.

AZOffaly

magpie seanie

I wish!

Anyway, time will tell.

How do trades work? Will we be able to see each others squads and make offers etc?

The Claw

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 23, 2010, 02:10:32 PM
I wish!

Anyway, time will tell.

How do trades work? Will we be able to see each others squads and make offers etc?
You will be able to see everyone else's squad after the draft and make offers. It is simple enough once you mess around with the site.

AZ - Meathman here.

AZOffaly

Yep. Exactly that.

When you draft your squad, you can change it all the way through the season.

There are two ways to change it.

Trades (which work as you might think), but there is a transfer window as such. Trades can only be made up to Nov. 13th. That's to stop teams which fall out of contention giving away all their best players to their mates.

Add Free Agent.
Undrafted players are all available, and you can pick up one of them immediately, if you make room on your own roster. This is very handy if one of your guys gets injured, and you need to release him off your squad. You can pick up a Free Agent to replace him straight away. It's not only for injuries though. Theoretically you could change your entire roster this way.

Drafted players who get 'dropped' by other teams go onto the 'waiver wire'. This means they cannot be picked up for 2 days or so, but you can 'Add' them. Each team has a waiver priority, (like your draft position).

As an example, if I drop Braylon Edwards because I'm picking up Jericho Cotcherry, Edwards will go to the Waiver wire. If you want him, and manager X also want him, Yahoo will look at your waiver position to see who wins. (1 beats 12).

Waiver wire position goes by your draft position (Draft last = 1st on Waiver wire). However the kicker is that whenever you pick someone up off waivers in a contest like that, your waiver position goes back to 12, and everyone else moves up one.

AZOffaly

By the way, both conference drafts are this week, Thursday for the Montana Conference, and Friday for the Payton. I'll set up the divisions before then.

Try and make it to the draft (2 pm Limerick time :) ) if you can, because if not you have to be careful on your pre-rankings. I missed a draft on a different league last week, because I assumed the draft would move (we only had 6 members the day before the draft). On the last day we got 8 more entrants, and it went ahead. My receivers are Cotcherry, Edwards, Meachem, Mike Williams and Nate Burleson :(

Rossie11

AZ when divisions are set up, will we just play against the teams in the same division or will it be the entire conference?

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 23, 2010, 02:28:50 PM
By the way, both conference drafts are this week, Thursday for the Montana Conference, and Friday for the Payton. I'll set up the divisions before then.

Try and make it to the draft (2 pm Limerick time :) ) if you can, because if not you have to be careful on your pre-rankings. I missed a draft on a different league last week, because I assumed the draft would move (we only had 6 members the day before the draft). On the last day we got 8 more entrants, and it went ahead. My receivers are Cotcherry, Edwards, Meachem, Mike Williams and Nate Burleson :(

Is that the Tampa Mike Williams? If so there's hope for you yet- He's the only show in town. Burleson could be a pretty good sleeper too.

ceiphas50

Are we  still on the same scoring as last year Az??ie PPR etc
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossie11 on August 23, 2010, 03:05:18 PM
AZ when divisions are set up, will we just play against the teams in the same division or will it be the entire conference?

Entire Conference I think. I'll let Yahoo work that one out :)

magpie seanie

Quote from: ceiphas50 on August 23, 2010, 03:43:41 PM
Are we  still on the same scoring as last year Az??ie PPR etc

What does PPR mean? I've seen it mentioned a few times. Our scoring system is on the website isn't it?