NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

mc_grens

Give it a go on week 17 again sure.

Fella I work with was askin did I know any NFL Fantasy Leagues going. I said Id check out here. If nobody takes the final place I'll say it to him tomorrow if thats OK.

dec

I believe a lot of fantasy league in the US do not use week 17 because of the issue of resting players. Use week 17 as a prediction competition to decide the winner between our two conferences.

Capt Pat

I think you have to avoid the final being in week 17 at all costs. That is the way most leagues are run. Think about how bad it would be if you had Drew Brees and Chris Johnson on your team already qualified for the playoffs and rested in week 17.

mc_grens

This is all true, but AZ has a point... The NFL. scheduled all division games for week 17 this year specifically to try to avoid that set of circumstances.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mc_grens on August 11, 2010, 07:41:31 AM
This is all true, but AZ has a point... The NFL. scheduled all division games for week 17 this year specifically to try to avoid that set of circumstances.

wow do the nfl really take fantasy leagues that seriously
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 11, 2010, 09:30:21 AM

No, but they don't like seeing the good players pulled out in meaningless week 17 games either. I;m easy, but I do like the idea of the Week 17 predictions competition.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2010, 10:53:30 AM

No, but they don't like seeing the good players pulled out in meaningless week 17 games either. I;m easy, but I do like the idea of the Week 17 predictions competition.

i was thinking that . doesn't bother me either Az , i'll have qualified for the semi final by that stage  ;) :D  ( come on bombidal your far too quite )
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

declan85

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 11, 2010, 10:58:18 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2010, 10:53:30 AM

i was thinking that . doesn't bother me either Az , i'll have qualified for the semi final by that stage  ;) :D  ( come on bombidal your far too quite )

Whos this bombidal guy? Dont remember him  :D :D
Personally id prefer weeks 15 & 16. Last year my players that were rested for week 17 only qualified for the playoffs in week 16 so couldnt really plan a few weeks in advance...

Rossie11

Take the points on the new schedule to try and prevent this happening but the fact is there is no evidence that it will.
I think we should experiment with a change for 1 year and if it works well in the real world we can think about reverting back.

AZOffaly

OK, I'm all for democracy (when it suits :) ) so done. Playoff semi finals week 15m, finals week 16. We'll use week 17, as suggested for the Superbowl predictions competition.

One other quick vox pop. The option is there now to create divisions in each of the conferences. I could set up two or even 3 divisions, with the winners making the playoffs, and then the next best runner up(s) making the other playoof spots.

For e.g. I could have 2 divisions in Montana. Winner of each division seeds 1 & 2. Seeds 3&4 are the remaining teams with the best record, regardless of division.

Is this of interest?

dec

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2010, 05:19:54 PM
OK, I'm all for democracy (when it suits :) ) so done. Playoff semi finals week 15m, finals week 16. We'll use week 17, as suggested for the Superbowl predictions competition.

One other quick vox pop. The option is there now to create divisions in each of the conferences. I could set up two or even 3 divisions, with the winners making the playoffs, and then the next best runner up(s) making the other playoof spots.

For e.g. I could have 2 divisions in Montana. Winner of each division seeds 1 & 2. Seeds 3&4 are the remaining teams with the best record, regardless of division.

Is this of interest?

If you could identify the province/county of the team managers you could break the divisions up on that basis.

mc_grens

Quote from: dec on August 11, 2010, 06:35:26 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2010, 05:19:54 PM

Is this of interest?

If you could identify the province/county of the team managers you could break the divisions up on that basis.

Does this affect your schedule?

What happens if one division drafts well and the other doesnt? Say if we ended up with an AFC West and O'Neill wins it at 7-7 after 14 weeks, and a team in the other division (AFC East) has a far superior record and doesnt make the playoffs?

And Dec..., are we not trying to get away from that in the GAA? lol.

AZOffaly

Not sure if it would affect your schedule or not. but in terms of the winner of division B potentially having a worse record than the 4th place in Division A, well that's called the NFC West :D

heganboy

i'm in favour of smaller divisions- more competitive I think
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

Any newbies out there, or even experienced lads. I'd highly recommend a 'mock draft'. You can find the link there on the league page. Make sure you choose a league with 14 teams, to make it representative.

It's handy to walk you through a draft, but also to help you formalise a strategy, and back up plans if a lad you want goes.

Cheers