FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

I predict 0- 1 win away in Georgia and 1-1 draw in Dublin against Serbia pretty standard results but it would leave us in a great position, anything better is a bonus. O'neil would take 4 points for sure

Capt Pat

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on August 29, 2017, 02:31:42 PM
Will Keane wants to play for us now, shame its not his brother

He hasn't done much in his career so far. He only has scored a few goals in first team football in the championship, he is 24 already. He seems to have spent a lot of time on man utd's reserves.

Captain Obvious

England level with the might of Malta at half time.

JPGJOHNNYG

It has to be said steven davis must be a complete d1ck. Magennis on a hatrick 10 mins to go 2-0 up against san marino, penalty given. Magennis asks if he can take it Davis says no the pr1ck. Getting nervous already for tonight against georgia for once can we just do this the easy way and score a couple of early goals and just keep possesion instead if the usual crap were we just give the ball away and cling on no matter what quality the opposition is

From the Bunker

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 02, 2017, 03:09:13 PM
It has to be said steven davis must be a complete d1ck. Magennis on a hatrick 10 mins to go 2-0 up against san marino, penalty given. Magennis asks if he can take it Davis says no the pr1ck. Getting nervous already for tonight against georgia for once can we just do this the easy way and score a couple of early goals and just keep possesion instead if the usual crap were we just give the ball away and cling on no matter what quality the opposition is

To be fair if Davis is the regular Penalty taker, then he should be taking it! It's all about building up confidence for other Penalties that might be taken in the future. I remember the same thing happening at Chelsea a few years back. Chelsea needed to win by a number of goals and Drogba wanted to take a penalty at 1-0. Lampard over-ruled him and took the Penalty.

Captain Scarlet

Any team chat? See twitter heads talking of Hourihane getting a shout. Daryl Murphy up top?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2017, 03:32:17 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 02, 2017, 03:09:13 PM

To be fair if Davis is the regular Penalty taker, then he should be taking it! It's all about building up confidence for other Penalties that might be taken in the future. I remember the same thing happening at Chelsea a few years back. Chelsea needed to win by a number of goals and Drogba wanted to take a penalty at 1-0. Lampard over-ruled him and took the Penalty.

There was nothing to lose though. Northern ireland barring an almighty collapse are in the playoffs. A quick check reveals only 5 guys have done it before for the north. Dont think he will get another chance.

JPGJOHNNYG

weareros

Awful stuff to watch. My cat saw that goal coming.

JPGJOHNNYG

We do it all the time sit back and wait for the inevitable ffs

stew

I was just about to say I hope Georgia score because the Irish are absolutely disgraceful, no ambition whatsoever, they are like Tyrone, they are killing the game of football with negativity.

How can professional players not be able to string five passes in a row????

Dublin would give this crowd a better fight of it, this is absolutely awful to watch.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Aristo 60

JPGJOHNNYG

Serbia strolling in their match all the more important now we win this

galwayman

Sure it's deja Vu watching this Ireland team.
Every time they score they sit back and try to hang on.
And very time the same thing happens - they concede.
You can't just hoof the ball away & invite the opposition onto you and hope not to concede.
9 times out of 10 a mistake will be made and you'll concede.
That's as true in Sunday league soccer as international.
Ireland don't even attempt to play passing football.
That is down to the manager.
The manager imposes his style of football on a team.
He has to demand that they get on the ball and pass it around.
They never do it so he obviously doesn't have this philosophy.
Look at Wales - they have Bale who is class & Ramsey also very good.
The rest are no better or worse than most of the Ireland team - yet they play attractive football every game.

Harold Disgracey