?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pat Mustard

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 02, 2011, 09:53:55 PM
Neil Lennon once a thug always a thug it seems
I'm fully aware you are on a brilliant wind-up, but I'll take a small bite and ask:
a) How Neil Lennon was originally a thug
b) How last night has reaffirmed this.

Bingo

I see the Police chief calling for the Old Firm to clean up the act and suggested even playing the game behing closed doors or off air. Seemed to suggest its more than just the match going fans that need policing but the wider social and alochol issues that stem from it and that it isn't viable for them to continue to incur such costs.

ludermor

Quote from: Pat Mustard on March 03, 2011, 12:33:20 PM
I'm fully aware you are on a brilliant wind-up, but I'll take a small bite and ask:
Id hate to see you take a big bite?

Pat Mustard

Quote from: ludermor on March 03, 2011, 12:48:26 PM
Would you really? Hates a strong word.

Pat Mustard

Quote from: Bingo on March 03, 2011, 12:35:56 PM
I see the Police chief calling for the Old Firm to clean up the act and suggested even playing the game behing closed doors or off air. Seemed to suggest its more than just the match going fans that need policing but the wider social and alochol issues that stem from it and that it isn't viable for them to continue to incur such costs.
He's a clown. Some of the crap he comes out with is unbelievable. I'm sure playing the match behind closed doors every time would be a massive boost for the Scottish economy though. ::)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Olaf on March 03, 2011, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: Clown on March 02, 2011, 10:58:35 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Lennon was given the biggest punishment from tonights game despite those disgraceful Huns tactics, discipline and McCoist trying to get into Celtics technical area in first half
No need for it all to be blown out of proportion - 2 managers squaring up, it happens lot in the drab English game, why not in the heat of an old firm battle  :D
Almost as if Diouf was trying to start trouble at the end there
Raners tactics of every man behind the ball and their constant fouling made for little football
anyway, a wins a win
Walter Smith knows how to conduct himself.
Pity the other management staff on both sides  involved in the altercations  don't. :(
smith does. however while Lennon has that bad reputation, I cant say that he was too far out of his tech area , unlike mccoist. judging by lennons initial composure and magnamisoty when going to shake mccoists hand and his quick jump to outrage would seem that mccost was indeed the culprit and sore loser here.
its a long traditional rangers trait.

The ref sent off two rangers lads for tackles that were not THAT bad, but after being booked, whittiker had his studs showing and foot high - that he didnt make much contact doesnt deter from this in soccer rules.
bougherra could have been sent off a few times for persistent fouling and I think the ref finally had enough of him at the end.

the tackling is no worse than 20 years ago, but the rest of soccer has moved away from that and a puff of wind normally fells these 'top' strikers like torres of liverpool .

God be with the days of Tommy Smith, Jimmy case, Lou macari, Bryan Robson, Paul McGrath, Peter Reid Ray Kennedy, and half of that superb forest team. they could tackle, hard and mostly fair. soccer has gone to feck.

Main Street

It would be churlish to be critical of the ref with Bougherra's second yellow, as the co-commentator said, it was a no brainer. A stone cold yellow card.
I didn't see Whittaker's first but his second alone was worthy of a red.
The ref did a good job in evil circumstances.

Main Street

I don't hold Walter all innocent unless he has stepped back completely and let McCoist take over.
They have reduced themselves to boot boy tactics and winding up. The Celtic players  are winning hands down and keeping their composure but the staff need to turn a deaf ear to the deliberate wind ups.

Celt_Man

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 02, 2011, 10:22:46 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 02, 2011, 09:51:14 PM
At least he has Laoislad and his mammy to love him.

Why all the grief about a foreign born footballer who plays in a foreign league?
How can can anyone take that Cole Diouf soap drama personally?
Grow the feck up.

If it is such a non-story, why are you bother posting about it?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Clown

Celtic were trying to play football and i cant remember a bad tackle from a Celt all night

But as usual when Rangers do wrong it'll be 'the old firm' in shame

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Lenny's appeal against the 6 match ban being heard today - that should be interesting after last night  ;D

God my head hurts today!!  8)

Hail hail
Tbc....

Celt_Man

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 03, 2011, 02:14:16 PM
Lenny's appeal against the 6 match ban being heard today - that should be interesting after last night  ;D

God my head hurts today!!  8)

Hail hail

Have a bad feeling he is gonna get the book fired at him....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ludermor on March 03, 2011, 12:48:26 PM
8)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on March 03, 2011, 12:35:56 PM

They could just get the two captains to play the match on a Playstation or XBOX,at least the quality of football would be better.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Clown

Clearly last night was the first derby youve watched this year Laoislad - now your coming on as the complete know-all

Last 3 before last night were all exciting games with Celtic playing as good a brand of football since the O'Neill days

last night they did their job and won ugly, against a side who were set up to kick, foul and get bodies behind the ball. There isn't a team in Europe (apart from Barca maybe) that wins whilst playing great quality football every week, why would you expect a team from Scotland to do so?